The action and the harm of amphetamine to the human body
Amphetamine is a powerful Central nervous system stimulant, emerged in the late nineteenth century. As a drug, a substance developed for medical purposes and were used to resolve inflammation, drowsiness and other diseases. Subsequently, however, the use of the drug was not confined to medical institutions. Many people have become dependent on him and experienced the harm of amphetamine.
How does amphetamine
Amphetamine, or the Hairdryer AMF is a drug with a medical name for amphetamine.
Hair – powder pink, white or gray. Has similar caffeine properties, but the effect of amphetamine is much stronger. People who use the substance in large doses, frequently in a dependence.
If you are using amphetamine for medicinal purposes and prescribed dosage of the remedy can cure many diseases. Once in the body, the drug has a strong effect on the brain, especially on the peripheral part of the NA. Under the influence of drugs are released biologically active substances dopamine and norepinephrine, making people feel an influx of vitality and energy, and euphoria that occur because of release of serotonin.
The impact of the dryer on the human body is manifested in the following changes in status:
- increase in blood pressure, palpitations;
- enhance mental performance;
- reduce appetite;
- feelings of happiness and joy.
- increase physical activity.
To suspect the amphetamine addict can the symptoms are: the person who took the dose, dilate the pupils, increased activity, there is no need for food.
In addition, the effect of the dryer appears excessive talkativeness, good humor, and by the emergence of vivid hallucinations.
Subsequently, however, the addict may experience side effects:
- inadequate behavior;
- panic attacks;
Prolonged use of stimulant may develop addictive. People start to feel the need in constant use, and increasing the dose to achieve the desired effect. In addition, the person quickly develops a mental addiction, some even after the first use. The physical need for drugs is a consequence of the syndrome and occurs normally after the depletion of the psyche that develops due to the constant insomnia and lack of food.
Symptoms of overdose
Too much of a single dose of the use of powder or tablets can lead to overdose. While some addicts there is a threat to life. The drug has a negative effect on the body, affecting the heart muscle and increasing the risk of heart attack and stroke. Many people have the substance to provoke acute psychosis, suicidal thoughts.
There are some signs which can be suspected overdose. Most often in its manifestations of symptoms similar to epileptic seizures. The addict may also experience:
- hallucinations like auditory and visual;
- the increase in body temperature;
- compulsive movements;
- excessive sweating;
- convulsive twitching of limbs;
- indigestion in the form of gag reflexes, diarrhea and other;
- dilated pupils;
- shortness of urination;
- the increase in blood pressure;
- pain symptoms in the head;
- acceleration of heart rate;
- blanching of the skin;
- vascular spasms.
In some cases, an overdose of powder may lead to kidney failure, loss of consciousness, cardiac arrest.
How to help overdose
Usually the addict who has used an excessive dose of amphetamine, behaves inappropriately and is not able to render first aid to yourself. If the person is conscious, you should limit his access to sharp objects, and physical activity: a drug addict may appear suicidal, needs and propensity for aggression. Next, you need to seek the assistance of health workers.
Independently to provide the addict help is dangerous, as there is a high probability of death. However, in some cases, you can take the following measures:
- Quickly bring the Hairdryer from the body will help to drink plenty of liquids.
- Induce vomiting should, if amphetamine was adopted in tablets. For this the patient must wash the stomach, and also drink activated charcoal. However, this method can only reduce its negative impact and it is impossible to eliminate the substance from the circulatory system.
Snuff dryer quickly dissolved in the stomach, and the faux call to the gag reflex may become useless.
- To force a person to drink milk which neutralizes the effect of the stimulant.
- If you experience symptoms of heart failure should give the victim the drugs that reduce blood pressure and neutralizing the adrenaline. Such abilities have inderal, inderal, obsidan, propranolol.
- Antidote drug does not exist, however, some remedies-antagonists depressing effect on the brain. Valium, Librium, diazepam belong to psychotropic drugs and are sold atrecipe.
- To reduce the increased temperature of the patient wipe off with cold water.
- The withdrawal of the drug from blood will help the treatment in a medical institution. Most recently plasmapheresis is used.
With mild symptoms can take the pills: the drug will reduce the load on the heart, will have a sedative effect. The inhibitory effect on the psyche also has vodka.
A Hairdryer is eliminated from the body within a few days. To detect amphetamine can special tests performed on urine, blood and saliva.
The harm from the drug is a General exhaustion. With prolonged use a person needs a long time to resume normal functioning and nutritious diet.
Consequences of the use of a hair dryer are:
- weight loss;
- disorders of the heart and blood vessels;
- hypertension, often leading to heart attacks and strokes;
- disorders of erectile function or impotence;
- chronic fatigue;
- fragility of bones, loss of teeth;
- disorders of adrenal function.
If you combine amphetamine and alcohol can affect the liver and kidneys. In addition, there is the likelihood of intoxication substandard drugs purchased from street drug dealers. Drug addicts with experience, applying the substance intravenously, may be at risk of infectious diseases transmitted through blood and also inflammation of blood vessels.
Regularly using the drug in tablets, and also scenting the dryer, can provoke serious consequences:
- the occurrence of acute psychosis;
- inappropriate behavior;
- uncontrolled aggression;
Such manifestations similar to schizophrenia.
Treatment of dependence on amphetamine is carried out in rehabilitation clinics for drug addicts. Most often jump off the dryer independently of the person is not able to. In addition to medical drugs that eliminate drug from the blood, apply symptomatic treatment and psychotherapy. Drug addiction can be cured effectively if it is at an early stage. However, if the process is running, the probability of relapse even after a long time after the end of therapy.