Probiotics and drugs to restore the microflora of the intestine
Intestinal microflora may suffer and be violated as a result of taking certain medications or illness. You can restore it with medication and a special diet. The problem of dysbiosis is very important in our time, and scientists are trying to invent and discover universal and the most effective modern methods to fix issues. In this article we consider the main methods of elimination of dysbiosis, effective and inexpensive drugs to restore the microflora of the intestine, the indications for treatment to the doctor.
What is intestinal flora
The intestinal flora are the microorganisms that live in it, live with our organism in symbiosis, so to speak, in the "friendly and mutually beneficial relations." Our body is for them the natural and natural and our body are an integral component of the digestive process and the key to good health.
Interesting fact. In the large intestine of one man living about 50 trillion microorganisms representing more than 500 species of bacteria and fungi. Scientists estimate that the number of microorganisms in the large intestine is 1.3 times higher than the total number of cells throughout the body.
The beneficial bacteria of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) have the following functions in the human body:
- Anaerobic digestion of undigested residues, due to which bacteria and maintain its existence.
- Strengthening the immune system. It is believed that these microorganisms play a significant role in the functioning of the immune system. People who have problems with intestinal flora, are more prone to infections and various diseases.
- Protects the intestine against various inflammatory diseases, inhibiting the growth of this pathogenic and harmful microorganisms.
- Provide normal and full motility of the intestine. They help fecal masses move and move towards the rectum.
- Bacteria included in the composition of the intestinal microflora, do not allow the microbes and remnants of food to get from the colon to thin. They send the stool to the desired path.
- The synthesis of b vitamins.
- Maintaining normal and proper pH of the intestine, necessary for its functioning.
- Form a gas composition of the large intestine. They are responsible for flatulence and flatulence.
The main types of useful microorganisms of the intestinal microflora include:
- anaerobic bacteria: bifidobacteria, enterococci, clostridia, eubacteria, Bacteroides;
- aerobes: enterobacteria, staphylococci, streptococci, lactobacilli, fungi.
Microflora of the stomach are more limited in comparison with the small intestine. Due to the acidic microflora in him can dwell in several types of bacteria, including Helicobacter pylori, Lactobacillus, Streptococcus, sarcina.
But the small intestine is considered sterile, it does not live microorganisms. Aggressive food enzymes produced by the pancreas and liver, do not allow bacteria to grow and multiply.
Every human microflora is individual and special, and to treat everyone equally is impossible. Treatment of dysbacteriosis is complicated and requires high qualification of the doctor.
What is the dysbiosis
Dysbacteriosis is a condition in which there is violation of microflora of the large intestine. This condition leads to disruption of the digestive system, immune system, poor General status and health of the person.
According to statistics, in violation of the microflora at least once in life everyone faces. Often the recovery of the intestine occurs independently, in severe cases require medication and medical intervention.
Causes of dysbiosis
Reasons why the intestinal flora may be disrupted in children or adults, a lot. At diagnosis and treatment Dr. it is important to determine the etiology of dysbacteriosis development, to understand why the change occurs in the composition of microorganisms.
Below are the main causes that can lead to the development of dysbiosis:
- Taking medications that depress the growth and reproduction of bacterial cultures in the intestine. These drugs are all members of the antibiotics, sulfonamides, corticosteroids, cytostatics. But this does not mean that these drugs make is not worth it. In order to minimize the negative effects from the treatment drugs of the above groups, should be taken exclusively by the doctor, strictly follow his recommendations. It is the self-medication leads to disruption of the microflora.
- Unhealthy and improper diet, abuse of flavor additives, flavor enhancers, chemicals. On the beneficial bacteria is negatively affected by the unnatural, dangerous food. Dyes, processed foods, poor quality fats, sweet drinks have a detrimental effect on the gut.
- Psychological stress, overwork, stress, lack of sleep. The phrase that "all illnesses from nerves we" in this case, as it displays the reality. Nervous exhaustion and stress affects the bowel and its bacterial composition.
- Intestinal infections of bacterial or of viral originsuch as cholera,salmonellosis, dysentery, enterovirus, rotavirus. In these conditions there is a loss and inflammation of the intestinal mucosa and disturbance of bacterial composition of microflora.
- Acute poisoning food, medicines, chemicals. All these processes are accompanied by diarrhea, flatulence.
- Inflammatory pathological processes in different parts of the digestive system such as gastritis, cholecystitis, pancreatitis, hepatitis, enteritis, colitis.
- Ulcers disease stomach and duodenal ulcers.
- Pseudomembranous or ulcerative colitis.
- Various abnormalities in the endocrine system.
- The period of acclimatization of the organism.
- Any illness accompanied by diarrhea.
- Conducting body cleansing with laxatives or enemas. After cleansing the colon can develop violation of its flora.
Clinical manifestations of impaired intestinal microflora
The severity of symptoms, which can manifest goiter depends on its extent and severity. In mild failure and rejection of the microflora of the man is perfectly normal and may not notice the disease.
Listed below are the main possible clinical manifestations of dysbiosis:
- Violation of the chair. Most often the patient is alternating between constipation and diarrhea. Although in severe forms of goiter can only be observed profuse diarrhea.
- Bloating, flatulence, which is accompanied by intestinal colic – acute sharp pains in the gut.
- Belching and bitter taste in the mouth.
- Possible exacerbation of chronic gastritis, pancreatitis or cholecystitis.
- May develop allergic reactions to food, chronic urticaria, not typical for the patient. Such manifestations are more common in child than in an adult. The condition can be aggravated angioneurotic oedema, which may develop bronchospasm and asphyxia.
- Malabsorption syndrome – malabsorption of nutrients and vitamins into the bloodstream from the intestines. As a result of this process, the person gradually develops beriberi, depletion of the whole organism, spoiled skin, hair, teeth crumble. Also on the background of shortage of essential trace elements, develop hormonal and metabolic disruptions.
- Intoxication syndrome develops due to the accumulation and parasitism in the intestines of pathogens. The patient may increase the body temperature to subfebrile figures, the development of headache, General weakness, aches in the body.
- Rapid development of respiratory viral and fungal diseases. This is due to the reduced efficiency of the immune system. The human body becomes vulnerable to different infectious agents.
What to do if you suspect a dysbacteriosis development
If you begin to notice at the above symptoms began to suspect dysbiosis, in any case do not try to cure it yourself. Self-medicate, you can not only recover, but also to exacerbate their condition.
Remember that the main enemies towards the restoration of the intestinal microflora are the advice of relatives, friends and neighbors, advertisement of medicines and the articles you read on the Internet. Only a doctor after examination will be able to help you diet and medicines for the normalization of intestinal microflora.
Treatment of goiter what doctors gastroenterologists. Among them there are even those who specializiruetsya on the problem of dysbiosis and devoted his life to studying this issue. Agree that the credibility of a specialist is several times higher than the neighbors or television advertising.
At the same time, our article presented here solely with the purpose of acquaintance of ordinary people unrelated to medicine, with the problem of disturbed intestinal microflora. We in any case do not offer any treatments, but only talk about their diversity and peculiarities.
How to diagnose a goiter
Gastroenterologist begins his treatment of dysbiosis only after a detailed medical history and examination of the patient. To the problem of impaired function of the intestine must be approached individually in the case of each patient.
The doctor should detail the diseases that you have had, medicines you. No need to be ashamed to talk about any symptoms related to your intestines.
Examination with dysbiosis may consist of the following diagnostic techniques:
- A General detailed analysis of blood. It helps the doctor to detect the presence in the organism of bacterial or viral infections, anemia.
- Urinalysis, which is required for the diagnosis of the kidneys. Their functionality and condition can also be disturbed in diseases of the digestive system.
- Bacterial stool cultures, which allows to identify the presence of beneficial or pathogenic microorganisms.
- Ultrasound examination of internal organs will help assess the condition of the pancreas, kidneys, liver and gallbladder.
- Coprogram – detailed analysis of feces.
This list surveys can shrink or expand by a doctor depending on the clinicalpictures and symptoms of the patient. In rare cases, a colonoscopy, x-ray examination of the intestine.
How to improve gut flora
How to restore bowel function after diarrheal, medications can improve the microflora? This question can be answered only by an experienced specialist, who will draw up the treatment plan. Below we consider the main types and methods of treatment, which may occur restoring the intestinal flora.
Diet is an essential component of the treatment of dysbacteriosis. If the patient will not stick to it, no pills to normalize of the intestine will not be effective.
Diet is made by the attending gastroenterologist. In this case, the doctor takes into account the individual characteristics of the organism and comorbidities, such as diabetes.
Classic "standard" diet in the treatment of dysbiosis includes the following products, reducing the micro-flora:
- Vegetables and fruits, having in its composition a high level of fiber, for example, zucchini, beets, apples.
- Fermented milk products (kefir, ryazhenka, yogurt, sourdough). Preference should be given low fat products, they are tolerated more easily by the body.
- Lean meats and fish.
- Oat and rice porridge.
- Boiled eggs or steamed eggs.
All products should be prepared based on vegetable oil. Meals should be diet cooked in a double boiler or welded. From fatty and fried should be at the time of treatment.
Doctors recommend to eat small portions and often, chewing food thoroughly. This meal timing regulates intestinal motility and allows to restore the intestinal mucosa.
In the day you should drink 2-3 liters of water or chamomile tea. Fluid is necessary for the formation of normal stool. With constipation the number of drinking may slightly increase.
For the period of treatment should not be consumed:
- carbonated beverages;
- flour products;
- fatty fish and meat;
- fat cheese and dairy products;
- onions and garlic;
- all types of mushrooms;
- fast food;
- store semi-finished products;
- bacon and lard;
- fried eggs;
How to restore the gastro-intestinal tract with the help of drugs? All medicines are selected by the doctor after receiving the results of the survey. They help to restore the gut after a diarrhea and populate it useful and necessary microorganisms.
The main groups of drugs that can be used for treatment and improvement of intestinal microflora:
- Probiotics is the best treatment for dysbiosis. They contain live cultures of beneficial bacteria that re-colonize the intestines. Probiotics to restore the intestinal flora are the most popular and widely used drugs for the treatment of dysbiosis. Representatives: "Linex", "Colibacterin", "Sifilis", "Atsilakt", "Probator", "Bifiform".
- Prebiotics – drugs, which are aimed at strengthening and reproduction of bacteria in the gut. Representatives: "Battistini", "Hilak Forte", "Lactofiltrum". Some doctors believe that probiotics is the best drugs for the treatment of dysbiosis, provoked by taking antibiotics.
- Synbiotics are medicines that consist of prebiotics and probiotics. This new generation of drugs. They received a lot of positive reviews from doctors and patients from around the world. Representatives: "Maxilac", "Laktiale", "Sifilis". They are produced in capsules and are a great means to normalize and restore intestinal flora.
- Sea buckthorn candles can be assigned to a doctor with the appearance of the patient anal fissures, which can develop due to frequent constipation.
- Preparations on the basis of lactulose ("Duphalac") are mild laxatives that can regulate and normalize intestinal motility and consistency of feces. They can be prescribed by a doctor with persistent and difficult correction diet constipation.
To establish the intestinal microflora is not easy and almost impossible. Some of them can be used as an additional treatment. It should not be regarded as an independent therapeutic method.
Heartburn, the belching and discomfort in the stomach area can make the broth on the basis of flax seeds and drinking chamomile tea. In the case of increased flatulence will help a decoction of dill.
Also before bed drink tea on the basis of mint and lemon balm. It relaxes the body and reduces the symptoms of flatulence. It is especially effective when psychogenic etiology of digestive problems. In some cases, healthy sleep, relaxation and soothing herbal tea is the best medicine.
Transplantation of feces
This is a brand new and most effective method of treatment of dysbacteriosis. Improve the health of the patient developing almost 95%.
src="/poisoning/images/747-9.jpg">Patient via enema or colonoscope introduced into the intestine the stool of perfectly healthy person, and through them into the intestinal lumen are all necessary for our body the microorganisms. Donors may be relatives or strangers after a detailed examination.
Despite the fact that this procedure is, to say the least, not very aesthetic, it is effective and cured many sick on a dysbacteriosis and pseudomembranous and ulcerative colitis. Unfortunately, this method is not practised in many clinics and hospitals in our country, and to find a specialist who implements it, its not so simple. And where it is performed, the treatment prices are quite high.
If your microflora is disturbed, no need to think and wonder what to drink to recover. Don't hesitate to ask to the gastroenterologist, he will make the scheme of treatment and diet. Dysbacteriosis – is a dangerous disease that reduces the patient's quality of life, and also to beriberi, exhaustion, hormonal and metabolic disruptions. Do not risk your health and do not self-medicate!