Antibiotics in cases of poisoning in adults and children
Food poisoning is a disease ever met. After completing all procedures, which promote rapid removal of toxins from the body, people think about how to get him antibiotics for quick recovery. How necessary antibiotics in poisoning, when they are shown and whether to be harm – with all these issues you need to understand in detail.
Cases taking antibiotics in case of poisoning
Antibiotic in cases of poisoning in adults is assigned in the case of severe illness, when even after given immediate assistance, the human condition is not improving, but rather getting worse. The cases in which it is shown taking antibiotics:
- Weakness, which is constantly growing. Skin and mucous membranes acquire a bluish tint resistant.
- Loose stools more than 10 times a day, interspersed with blood.
- Vomiting that cannot be stopped.
- Elevated temperature, which falls a day after the beginning of intoxication.
Antibiotics are vital in various intestinal infections, the initial symptoms are very similar with symptoms of food poisoning.
Antibiotics prescribe by the doctor when the result of the bacteriological sowing, where the identified type of the pathogen. In this case, the antibiotics act on the cause of the disease and not violate the overall balance of beneficial microflora of the body.
Often antibiotics for the treatment of adults prescribed if there are severe, life-threatening condition and when it is possible infection. Unambiguous assignment of antibiotic therapy is required for:
- intoxications, which are provoked by staphylococci;
- infected by the Bacillus Salmonella.
The body reacts very violently disruptions in the digestive system to get into the gastro-intestinal tract of pathogenic microorganisms – staphylococci, Salmonella, Proteus, Shigella (causing dysentery Bacillus). All of these bacteria have one common feature – rapid reproduction, to stop this process only by antibiotics, and if accurately determined their effectiveness against certain microbes.
Antibiotics for poisoning in children
In children, the prescription of antibiotics in poisoning, it is only necessary in exceptional cases, when the benefits are greater than the possible harm. The main indications for the appointment of these drugs in children is prolonged intoxication, which is caused by different intestinal infections. Children in such cases in a very serious condition, often requiring hospitalization.
In children treatment physicians choose very safe drugs that have a high level of action on bacteria. There are several medicines of the latest generation, which is successfully used in pediatric practice to treat food poisoning and intestinal infections. In a properly calculated dose, which is calculated based on the weight of the child, these medicines do not cause any side effects and can be administered even to infants and younger children.
Treatment of children with antibiotics is 5 to 10 days – it depends on the severity of the disease. For more effective antibiotics must be in equal time intervals.
Mandatory appointment of an antibiotic, the child should be at:
- klebsiellae infection;
- exericise and Citrobacter;
- poisoning caused by Proteus.
The impact of any antibiotics based on a complete cleansing of the gastrointestinal tract from the bacteria that caused the infection process. But, in addition to harmful bacteria are killed and beneficial microorganisms, which are involved in the processing of food. Therefore, prolechivaya the effects of poisoning by antibacterial drugs, can earn persistent dysbiosis the baby that will require a long rehabilitation.
Children the use of antibiotics is indicated only when without them you can not really do.
Antibiotics can not be used without consultation with your doctor, especially children, the elderly and pregnant women. The use of different types of antibiotics without proper control leads to such dire consequences:
- violated the function of internal organs and systems;
- seriously affects the digestive system, liver and kidneys;
- appear persistent allergic reactions,
- starts a goiter, this condition is accompanied by severe diarrhea.
Most antibiotics disrupt the microflora in the gut, so after treatment you need to drink probiotics that will quickly restore the imbalance!
You need to remember that pathogenic bacteria quickly get used to a certain type of antibiotics. Therefore, if in the near future will need repeated treatment with these medicines have to use drugs other group.
Nuances in the treatment of antibiotic
When antibacterial therapy is required to adhere to certain rules that will help minimize harmful effectson the body.
- Use drugs only on the doctor and only with regard to exactly a specific pathogen.
- It is forbidden to use drugs of this group for self-treatment or for prevention.
- It is necessary to observe precisely the dosage and frequency of appointments in the day, thanks to the body is supported by therapeutic concentration.
- It is forbidden to drink antibiotics any beverage – it could trigger unwanted effects. To swallow a pill used only pure water at room temperature.
- After treatment you need to drink probiotics to restore intestinal flora.
- Can't stop the meds until the expiration of the course of treatment, it will lead to the resumption of symptoms and a more severe course of illness.
The names of the antibiotics can be quite different, but often it's counterparts from the same group. The right medication and the possible substitutes would be prescribed to doctor, he will calculate the dose.
Among a number of modern drugs are quite effective are:
- Nifuroxazide – a bright yellow suspension is allowed to receive from the first days of life, and to treat adults Also produced tablets.
- Cefix – good efficiency against E. coli. The effectiveness of notes in its application in the initial stages. Used by adults and children.
- Ercefuryl – the main component of nifuroxazide – antibiotic narrow specific effect. It has bactericidal effects around the digestive tract that allows you to quickly display pathogens.
- Ftalazol – good effect in the treatment of dysentery and gastroenteritis of different etiologies. The active component of the medication is effective and in the last stages of a poisoning.
- Norsulfazol – used in the fight against food poisoning specific or mixed etiology: dysentery, salmonellosis and other infections.
Why not to self-medicate
In addition to the use, antibacterial drugs can cause irreparable harm to humans and this is understandable. Most food poisoning provoke the toxins accumulate in poor-quality products, and then enter the body. Starting antibiotics on their own, without pre-cultures of feces and vomit, the patient risks to earn the following consequences:
- toxins are neutralized, not destroyed and extirpated from the body;
- if the cause of the disease are viruses, antibiotics are completely unnecessary;
- suffers from the gastrointestinal tract, which starts dysbiosis. In humans, increases diarrhea, which greatly weakens the patient;
- many antibiotics toxic influence on the liver, pancreas and kidneys by intoxication are operating with a heavy load;
- self-medication remedies antibiotic group may provoke a severe allergic reaction;
- the use of drugs at its discretion contributes to the sustainability of micro-organisms. If necessary, the patient will have to appoint a more aggressive means;
- antibiotics before going to the hospital can smooth the overall picture of the disease. In this case, it will be hard to make the correct diagnosis and appoint adequate treatment.
In the appointment of any antibacterial drugs doctors test for possible allergic reactions.
To do this, the skin on his arm a little RUB a sterile medical needle and drip the appointed medication. If 10 minutes of redness on the skin does not appear, it means that the medication can be safely used.
It is very common for drug therapy food poisoning doctors use alternative antibiotics. This antimicrobial drugs that are sometimes confused with antibiotics. Well-known representatives of these drugs are sulfa funds, which have such advantages:
- have a very broad spectrum of effects on microbes and good activity;
- have less toxicity. They allowed children, pregnant and lactating women and the elderly;
- slightly absorbed into the bloodstream, so have a local effect, in particular work in the intestine.
In the appointment of sulfa drugs is necessary to consider allergic reactions in history, idiosyncrasy, comorbidities that are a contraindication to application of drugs of this group, disease of thyroid, liver, or kidneys.
Good efficacy of the antimicrobial means and a less aggressive impact on the body proven in clinical studies. This is a direct indication for mass assignment in case of poisoning.
For quick recovery after poisoning carried out a comprehensive treatment that is required to be monitored by a physician. In the appointment of any drug doctors follow the main rule – do no harm!