What to drink for mushroom poisoning in the home: medication, drugs, pills
Mushroom dishes are very healthy and nutritious. In composition they resemble meat. Mushrooms combine utility and good taste. But do not forget about the dangers that they pose. Poison mushrooms is very simple, and to restore the body after them is quite difficult. Severe mushroom poisoning is often fatal. The article considers in detail, what to drink for mushroom poisoning when the first signs of the disease, what symptoms to recognize the condition, in some cases, you need to immediately seek medical help.
What are the main causes of mushroom poisoning
Contrary to misconceptions, the poison can be not only toxic, but also edible varieties of mushrooms. To the selection, purchase and preparation of mushrooms should be treated with greater seriousness and care. To the main causes and risk factors of mushroom poisoning are listed below:
- Eating the overgrown, rotten or expired mushrooms. Improper or prolonged storage they infest harmful pathogenic bacteria that can cause intestinal infections. Shelf life disrupted fungi is very short, this is the same fresh meat. Proteins that are included in their composition, crumble and denature, causing rot.
- Poisonous varieties of mushrooms. Some of them are very similar to edible, and people poorly versed in the mushrooms, mix and use when cooking. Some poisonous mushroom varieties are deadly to humans. Most often poisoning occurs due to consumption of death caps, the false honey agaric, fly agaric.
- Picking mushrooms on ecologically unfavorable territories. Scientists compare mushrooms with sponges. Due to its structure, they are absorbed in themselves hazardous substances from soil and air. And they grow better in contaminated areas. Unscrupulous pickers, knowing this about them, tear them up for sale along the roads or near large industrial facilities.
- Poisoning with mushroom canned food contaminated with botulism. This infection is anaerobic. This means that it can grow and exist only in space where there is no oxygen. More than 60% of all cases of botulism caused by consumption of canned mushroom in domestic production.
- The combination of alcohol with mushrooms. Some mushroom species contain toxins that are activated only during contact with alcohol.
How to identify mushroom poisoning
Symptoms of mushroom poisoning can be very diverse. They depend on the type of toxin and mushroom varieties. When you eat poisonous mushrooms first signs of the disease may occur during the first hour. In the case of intoxication edible types of symptoms of poisoning develop over 4-8 hours. Signs of botulism can appear only on the second day.
Please note that if the condition deteriorated, the man who in the last days consumed mushroom dishes, it need to suspect mushroom poisoning.
When mushroom poisoning, can develop the following symptoms:
- abdominal pain, it can be localized in the stomach or spread throughout the abdomen. When excessive flatulence develops intestinal colic. In the case of destruction of the pancreas pain can unbearable worn shingles;
- diarrhea, mostly diarrhea with mushroom poisoning are abundant and multiple. In Calais, you can see streaks of mucus, blood;
- headache, strong weakness, myalgia (muscle pain);
- nausea and vomiting, vomit may consist of food debris, they can see the bile, mucus. At a poisoning with poisonous mushrooms vomiting caused by a lesion of the Central nervous system, it does not bring relief and not accompanied by nausea;
- increased salivation, lacrimation and sweating – a sign of intoxication with fly agaric;
- tachycardia and reduction in blood pressure, respiratory failure – the symptoms of severe intoxication and dehydration;
- disruption of the Central nervous system, which may include convulsions, hallucinations, disturbance of consciousness;
- yellowness of the skin may develop in the fungal toxins of the kidneys, liver, or when the onset of hemolysis (breakdown of red blood cells);
- hyperthermia – raising body temperature that develops when botulism poisoning or spoiled mushrooms. The temperature can rise to 40 degrees, accompanied by chills;
- while botulism can be broken vision, swallowing, speech, develop weakness in the limbs, paralysis.
How to help the person at home with mushroom poisoning
What to take in cases of poisoning by mushrooms at home? The treatment of this dangerous condition should be performed in a hospital by qualified doctors. If after eating mushrooms symptoms of intoxication and poisoning, you should immediately call home the ambulance. Conduct self some pills or folk remedies prohibited.
The speed of arrival of ambulance crews depends on many factors, such as traffic jams, lack of currently free teams in your area. So after calling the doctors should begin immediatelyindependently to provide first aid to the patient. It may depend on his life. In the table below we have reviewed what you can to help yourself while waiting for doctors.
|The name of the method||The technique of the||Features|
|Gastric lavage||The patient should drink 1 liter of water in one gulp. You should then cause vomiting by pressing a finger on the root of the tongue.
Rinsing is carried out with plain water, neutral temperature. The use of potassium permanganate is not recommended.
|Washing is forbidden in case of violation of consciousness of the patient, the development of his seizures, black or bloody vomiting.|
|Enema||Enema is conducted on a simple room temperature water. Repeat it several times.
Criterion for effective cleansing of the bowel is the appearance of clean wash water.
|Enema is necessary even in the absence of diarrhea. Some types of poisonous mushrooms can cause constipation.|
|Sorbents||This is the only medication for mushroom poisoning, which can be taken before arrival of doctors. When mushroom poisoning, you can use any of the drugs in this group.
Before taking read the rules of dispensing.
If the medicine is stored for a long time in your medicine chest, check its expiration date.
|Faster acting drugs that are taken in liquid or paste form (APSCO, smectite, enterosgel).|
|Drink plenty of liquids||You can drink mineral water or table water, sweet tea.
All drinks must be room temperature, no gas.
|In order not to cause repeated vomiting seizures, should drink little and often.|
|Help with impairment of consciousness||To the patient choked on vomit or his own tongue, turn his head to one side.
Before arrival of doctors spend the control of respiration and heart rate.
Try to bring it into consciousness, bringing to his nose the cotton wool moistened with ammonia solution.
To improve blood supply to the head and vital organs lift the patient's legs.
|When you stop breathing and heartbeat begin to hold chest compressions.|
Provide the patient fresh air, open the room Windows for ventilation. If he complains of shortness of breath and shortness of breath, put him under a back some pillows, placing it in the reclined position. Try to calm the person, create around him a calm atmosphere.
The first aid is carried out by physicians at home. It is necessary to stabilize the patient before transportation to hospital. Describe to physicians the amount of assistance that you manage to have a during their expectations are, what your estimated time of eating mushroom dishes.
Please note that if the patient suffers from some chronic diseases, such as diabetes, or if he has drug allergies, it must be sure to inform the doctors.
Components of first aid:
- formulation of a dropper, which is necessary to compensate for the lost volume of liquid;
- intravenous or intramuscular administration of drugs to regulate the heart and respiration, eliminate nausea and abdominal pain;
- elimination of respiratory failure is performed by connecting the patient to the oxygen through a mask or carrying of artificial pulmonary ventilation;
- with the development of clinical death, the doctors performed CPR.
During the provision of medical assistance to collect belongings and documents patient admission take the drugs he takes on a regular basis.
Components of the inpatient treatment
To treat mushroom poisoning in the intensive care unit or in Toxicological, infectious diseases unit. The place of hospitalization depends on the suspected diagnosis. Components of inpatient treatment are listed below:
- Bed rest.
- Diet, drink plenty of liquids.
- Generous dropper.
- Medication. This may be corticosteroids, antiemetics and analgesics, antispasmodics, medicines for regulation of the cardiovascular system, antibiotics, etc.
- Protivobotulinicheskoy serum is injected in cases of poisoning with mushroom and canned food with laboratory confirmation of botulism.
- Hemodialysis is performed at a poisoning with poisonous mushrooms. Blood poisoned person is cleansed of toxins with the help of artificial kidney.
The duration of treatment and hospital stay individual. It depends on the patient's condition and positive dynamics of recovery.
Examination of poisoned human diagnosis
The paramedics can make a preliminary diagnosis based only on the data obtained during the examination of the patient, medical history and checking pulse rate, blood pressure, respiratory rate and saturation. Final diagnosis is made by a doctor in a hospital after conducting a detailed laboratory and instrumental examination of the patient. Diagnosis also helps to identify complications and to choose the correct etiological treatment.
Components of the survey in cases of suspected mushroom poisoning:src="/poisoning/images/1236-5.jpg">
- General complete blood count is performed to identify an acute inflammatory reaction, bacterial or viral reactions, anemia, and hemolysis;
- urinalysis is needed to diagnose the excretory function of the kidneys, which can suffer under the effects of mushroom toxins;
- analysis of botulism shown in the use of canned food;
- bacteriological examination of feces – you need to identify bacteria that could cause intestinal infection;
- biochemical analysis of blood helps to assess the condition of the internal organs, to detect electrolyte abnormalities in the blood;
- ultrasound examination of internal organs is necessary for the inspection of the liver, kidneys, gallbladder and pancreas;
- An ECG is performed to evaluate heart function, detection of arrhythmia.
Please note that sometimes the diagnosis requires laboratory examination of fungi which poisoned people. In any case do not throw away the mushroom dish, but be sure to tell your entire family that there can not be.
In cases of poisoning by mushrooms, the only medications that can be enjoyed at home, are sorbents. Also, before the arrival of the ambulance the victim to wash the stomach and intestines, drink it with water or sweet tea. To be treated yourself. Therapy is conducted in the hospital, after diagnosis. It aims to eliminate the causes of the disease, recovery and reduction of symptoms. The duration of treatment depends on the severity of the lesion mushrooms and timely treatment to doctors.