The antidote to "Esperal gel" and "Disulfiram"
Encoding addictions – alcoholism – medication is one of the most effective ways. Sometimes a person consciously chooses a sober lifestyle, and some can not tolerate this treatment due to the characteristics of the organism (allergies, physiological intolerance) or not enough willpower. So they have to resort to doctors for decoding. During the procedure, the psychiatrist enters the patient a substance that neutralizes the anti-alcohol medication.
The antidote is required to prevent health problems or possible death. There are people who are not able to resist the desire to consume alcohol, either accidentally drunk alcohol-containing liquid. In such cases, be sure to enter the antidote.
Let's look at one of the popular drugs – "Esperal" and the antidote to "Esperal gel".
Indications and action of "Asperula"
In medicine there are 3 forms of encoding using this drug:
- The suturing. The tool is introduced into the body by implantation of the capsule in the region of the shoulder (less accessible area of the body for the patient) to avoid self-elimination of disulfiram from the body. This procedure has a name – intramuscular implantation.
- Pills "Esperal". This method has the big disadvantage is that to control the use of tablets the patient must himself. It is clear that a person dependent on alcohol, no willpower, and purpose to heal.
- "Esperal gel". This is a more convenient method of treatment, intramuscular injection do. Surgical intervention is not required.
"Esperal" acts, destroying the process of removing alcohol from the body, thus accumulating toxic acetaldehyde, causing unpleasant symptoms similar to a hangover.
While making alcohol is intoxication symptoms:
- Redness of the skin.
- Fever, chills.
- Nausea, vomiting.
- Pain in area of heart, dyspnea.
- Decreases the pressure.
- It affects the liver.
- Spasm or allergic reaction.
- Arrhythmia, myocardial infarction.
- Loss of consciousness, temporary paralysis.
Also, acetaldehyde has a negative impact on the respiratory, cardiovascular and nervous system. So alcohol becomes a poison to the human body not only physically but also subconsciously.
To treat alcoholism you need, but a drug "Esperal" may be contraindicated in the presence of diseases:
- Severe disease of the kidneys and liver.
- Elderly people with diseases aged 60 years or more.
- Tuberculosis in the open form.
- Myocardial infarction.
- Pregnancy and the breastfeeding period.
- The inflammatory process of the pancreas.
- Epilepsy and neuropsychiatric abnormalities.
- Allergy caused by a substance contained in a preparation.
- Disrupted thyroid.
In the period of treatment should refrain from taking alcohol, medication containing ethanol, kvass, dairy products are not the first freshness, chocolates with rum or brandy.
Action is the antidote to the "Esperal"
Relapse "relapse" or "Rossitsa" occurs in patients who came to coding under the influence of their family and friends. They are in the subconscious there is no solution to end this addiction, so the treatment has a temporary effect. Coding with the help of "Asperula" implies abstinence from alcohol for a period of 1 year to 5 years.
How can we bring "Esperal" the body myself at home? The output of disulfiram completely from the organism is impossible without the help of a psychiatrist can not do. If you took the alcohol and started having severe reactions, you need to contact the doctor who performed the encoding. The antidote from the disulfiram – ascorbic acid that is administered intravenously. It prevents the conversion of alcohol to acetaldehyde, blocks the negative symptoms. Optional use of "Ephedrine", and H1 – blockers.
Tablet of disulfiram antidote does not exist, and the substance can be completely neutralized from the body. It continues its action for another 8-9 months after therapy.
In severe cases, on the basis of alcohol intake, the doctor performs a measures symptomatic and detoxification therapy with the use of analeptics. For rehabilitation prescribe vitamins of group B. Severe consequences affect the re-encoding. Therefore, narcologists recommend to refrain from interrupting the coding.