How to quickly get rid of a hangover at home
A hangover is the consequence of taking large quantities of alcohol. It prevents a person to focus on work, brings a lot of torment. This article describes how to get rid of a hangover at home, and some folk medicines can be applied.
What happens to the body during a hangover
In order to understand how to move quickly with a hangover, you need to understand what disorders in the body lead to the development of unpleasant symptoms.
After ingestion of alcoholic beverages in the body develop the following processes:
- dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. Alcohol removes from the body plenty of fluids and minerals. As a result, people in the morning feel a strong thirst, dry mouth;
- increased blood pressure, tachycardia. While alcoholic intoxication the load on the heart increases. The person feels his heartbeat;
- disturbed brain activity. The nervous tissues suffer from oxygen starvation, they lack of glucose and nutrients. Patient also feel headache. It's hard for something to focus;
- increased levels of hydrochloric acid in the stomach leads to a sensation of heartburn, abdominal pain and belching with a sour taste;
- violation of the liver. All the alcohol drunk in the first place passes through the organ. If the amount of alcohol drunk is too large, the liver can not cope, developing intoxication;
- the failure of the pancreas manifested by nausea and vomiting;
- the failure of the intestinal flora is typical beer hangover. It is a violation of the stool and bloating.
What is the hangover cure
How to survive a hangover? The severity of this condition depends on the amount of alcohol drunk the day before. In order to get out of the hangover, it is not enough to cope with its basic manifestations. You need to cleanse the body from the remnants of the alcohol, to start the digestive system, regulate water and electrolyte balance.
Please note that if you want to quickly cope with a hangover with the help of alcohol, use medications. It is prohibited to combine medication and alcohol.
To alleviate the hangover by using folk remedies and medicines.
The basic steps to deal with a hangover:
- treatment of dehydration and restore electrolyte balance in the body;
- regulation of the digestive system, liver and pancreas;
- the excretion of residues of alcohol and its decomposition products, reduction of intoxication;
- improving the functioning of the Central nervous system.
To combat dehydration and intoxication
In order to defeat a hangover, you need to make up the loss of water and minerals. Per day is advisable to drink 2-3 liters of fluid. Below are the means by which you can treat dehydration.
Pickle – a favorite tool of many. It can be used to ease a hangover, get rid of the feeling of dryness in the mouth and fume. Fit the brine from pickles, tomatoes, sauerkraut.
Please note that the use of brine made of vinegar, are prohibited. It will enhance the heartburn and stomach pain.
Thanks to its hypertonic composition, brine regulates electrolyte balance and improves health. To cure hangover you will need 200-250 ml of the drink. In large quantities it will cause fluid retention in the body and edema.
To defeat the hangover you will help alkaline mineral water (for example, "Borjomi").
It will adjust the pH of the blood will make up for fluid loss.
A day drink 2-3 litres of this mineral water.
Before use it is desirable to release gases.
A decoction of rose hips has a slight diuretic effect. Thanks to him you can get rid of bags under the eyes, swelling of the face and legs, headache. This drink helps to remove remnants of alcohol, to sober up and organize the work of the kidneys.
Rehydron is a drug for relieving toxicity and regulation of water and electrolyte balance. It is also used in cases of poisoning, high temperature. In its composition it is similar to the solutions for droppers which doctors treat dehydration in the hospital.
Available regidron in portion bags. One sachet is diluted with one liter of table water at room temperature. With a hangover you can drink 2-3 liters of this solution per day. Rehydron you can use the binge.
During hangover cure is not recommended to drink black tea and coffee. These drinks increase blood pressure, increase tachycardia. You can drink green tea with lemon and a spoon of honey.
Sober is a really quick way to get rid of a hangover at home. It involves the establishment in the morning a small amount of alcohol.
This method is not suitable for those who need to get behind the wheel of a car and go to work.
Please note that sober does not help to purify the body and removing toxins. He only can help temporarily relieve symptoms.
Sober can lead to the fact that will startbout. Man, after drinking a small amount of alcohol in the morning, continue to drink it throughout the day, not in the power to stop. This process can take days, weeks and months.
Diuretics help excrete the remnants of alcohol and to remove swelling. At home, these drugs should be used with care and only once. Consult your physician or family doctor about the possibility of using diuretics in the treatment of hangover.
Restoring the digestive system
Failure of the digestive system is manifested by heartburn, nausea, vomiting, bloating, belching, diarrhea, abdominal pain. The following are some basic guidelines that will help to get rid of these symptoms, get rid of a strong hangover and organize the work of the internal organs.
A hearty Breakfast
A nutritious Breakfast will help to start bowel motility, will improve the flow of bile, to establish digestion. Avoid fried, spicy and smoked dishes.
For "hangover" Breakfast will fit the following dishes:
- chicken broth;
- steam omelet;
- boiled or baked chicken or fish;
- steamed vegetables;
- rice, oatmeal.
A decoction of flax seeds
A decoction of flax seeds is widely used in folk and traditional medicine. This remedy is indicated for the treatment of peptic ulcer disease and chronic gastritis.
A decoction of flax seed is the consistency of mucus. It coats the stomach walls and protects them and promotes healing. This broth will help during a hangover to get rid of stomach pain and heartburn.
Sorbents removed from the intestinal toxins, relieve toxicity, help to get rid of diarrhea and flatulence. In the treatment of a hangover you can use any of the sorbents. Please read the rules carefully dosing. Sorbents should be taken separately from other medications.
- activated carbon;
- white coal;
To get rid of hangover nausea help antiemetic drugs (metoclopramide, reglan, osetron). They block the vomiting center in the brain and effectively eliminate the symptoms. These medicines are available in tablets and ampoules. At home it is more convenient to use tablet form.
Enzymes help to restore the pancreas. They contribute to the production of enzymes produced by it for digestion. Produced enzyme preparations in tablets and capsules. You should take them during meals.
Antacids are a group of drugs whose action is directed at lowering the acidity of gastric juice. They are suitable for the symptomatic treatment of heartburn, stomach pain and burps sour. Drugs:
- aluminium phosphate gel;
The restoration of the nervous system
Disorders in the nervous system due to alcohol is manifested by hand tremor, headache, inability to concentrate at work, dizziness, General weakness. What to do when you see these symptoms, how to help the brain make?
Sound sleep and rest
During sleep restores the nervous system. If you don't need to go to work, spend the day after drinking alcohol in bed. Relax, do not strain your body.
Glycine is an amino acid that protects the nervous system from stress, toxins. With glycine, it is possible to get rid of shaky hands, dizziness and scattering. This amino acid is produced by the following names:
To get rid of a headache will help non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. These drugs have a pronounced analgesic effect. Take them after food as they irritate the stomach lining and can cause ulcers or gastritis.
- acetylsalicylic acid;
Remember that while the hangover may not take Advil. It contains caffeine, which elevates blood pressure level.
Tea from lemon balm, chamomile and Valerian will help to reduce the pressure, to get rid of the hand tremors, and headaches. Drink it after meal. It has a slight sedative and calming effect.
A contrast shower will help to sober up and gather my thoughts. With it relieves spasm of blood vessels, improving blood circulation and metabolic processes in the body.
During a hangover is not advisable to take a bath, as it can cause nausea, vomiting, increase headache and feeling of intoxication.
Complex preparations in the treatment of hangover
In pharmacies you can find a lot of drugs that are developed for the treatment of hangover. Most of them helps to remove remnants of alcohol from the body, relieves headaches, eliminates heartburn. When planning a feast canadvance stock of such meds.
The most popular hangover drugs presented nige.
- Zoreks – protects liver, removes toxins from the body.
- Alka-Seltzer relieves headaches, eliminates heartburn, regulates the acid balance.
- ДринкOFF reduces the level of alcohol in the blood, removes it from the body, helps to sober up.
- Antipohmelin – improves the nervous system, relieves alcohol intoxication.
- Alcolin – protects the liver, accelerates the elimination of alcohol from the body.
- Piel-Alko – improves tissue nutrition of the brain, removes toxins from the blood, accelerates the metabolic processes in the body.
- Get up – improves brain function, relieves headaches.
- Alko-buffer – protects and regenerates the liver, helps to sober up.
- Alka-Prim – helps with hangovers, headaches, heartburn.
- Limontar – curbs nausea and increases appetite, accelerates metabolic processes in the body.
- Dr. Pohmelkin – removes alcohol from the body, protects the liver and nervous system.
With the development of alcohol poisoning, you should immediately call the ambulance. This condition requires skilled medical care.
Symptoms of alcohol poisoning:
- uncontrollable vomiting;
- profuse diarrhea;
- the increase in body temperature to subfebrile (37,0-37,5);
- cramps throughout the body;
- visual and auditory hallucinations;
- disturbance of consciousness (stupor, coma).
When poisoning with methyl alcohol (surrogate alcohol) is developing blurred vision. The person feels the veil and flies before the eyes, visual acuity is reduced. In the absence of emergency medical care there is complete blindness, and then death.
If you have symptoms of alcohol poisoning you should call SMP. While doctors go, can you do a stomach wash with plain water to make a cleansing enema and give him the sorbents.
A condition in which you need to go to the doctor
Excessive consumption of alcohol can cause the development of severe pathologies. Below we have collected some alarming symptoms, the appearance of which should immediately call an ambulance.
- Vomiting and diarrhea is black color are a sign of gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Yellowing of sclera, skin, mucous membranes symptoms of acute liver disease, or hemolysis (decay) of red blood cells.
- The lack of urine, swelling – symptoms of acute kidney failure.
- Girdle pain in the abdomen is a symptom of acute pancreatitis.
To get rid of a hangover by using the means of traditional or conventional medicine. Before the use of drugs should carefully read the instructions to them, to pay attention to the expiration date of the medication. The hangover cure at home helps to get rid of the symptoms and intoxication. When deterioration, signs of damage to internal organs, or alcohol poisoning, you should immediately call an ambulance, where the doctors will put you on a drip for a hangover or will be transferred to the Department for inpatient treatment.