Medicines and pills for diarrhea for children of different ages
At an early age diarrhea are observed quite often. The fact that the digestive system is still weak and cannot cope with the increased loads. A cure for diarrhea for children must be special. Apply the same means as that for adults, not because they are too strong. Therefore, it is necessary to correctly choose the method of solution of such problems.
Causes of diarrhea
Diarrhea is a common problem at an early age. If he quickly stopped, then nothing to worry about. Prolonged diarrhea can be a symptom of the disease, so be sure to consult with a specialist.
Among the most common causes of diarrhea include:
- Infectious disease. It can develop on the background activity of the viruses, parasites or bacteria. The child's stomach produces insufficient amount of acid to fight infections, such infections occur quite frequently.
- Excessive consumption of food. This is especially true for infants whose diet is broken.
- In children, the diarrhea can be a reaction to teething.
- Climate change, water quality or supply.
- Consequence of antibiotic therapy or other medications.
- Experienced stress.
- Inflammatory processes in the body.
Only a specialist can determine the exact cause of the problem. If diarrhea lasts longer than three days or the seizures are observed more than three times a day, be sure to show the child the doctor.
Application of chelators
The most effective anti-diarrhea medication for children – a enterosorbent. This group of drugs, which excrete toxic substances. These medications are effective, if the diarrhea associated with poisoning. Popular drugs are:
- Enterosgel. The composition of this product contains silica. Available in a gel form that simplifies the process of applying. Chest kids enough half a teaspoon per day. This portion is better to divide the reception. Children from 1 year to 5 years: half teaspoonful three times a day. Teenagers can be given a tablespoon three times a day.
- Smectite. The drug is a powder for the diarrhea. Before use, one sachet of the drugs dissolved in 50 ml of clean, warm water. If the child refuses to drink such a composition, it is possible to dissolve the drug in the porridge or stewed fruit. To a year can be given two bags a day. In older age the dosage is increased to four packets. The same drug is getting powder from diarrhea for children neosmectin. It has identical properties. It has a pleasant taste, so children drink it willingly.
- Aluminium phosphate gel. It is an effective and safe remedy for diarrhea for children from one year. Also aluminium phosphate gel is successfully used for children under one year. It has an absorbent and enveloping effect. If the baby has not yet reached the age of 6 months, then it is considered to be permitted a dose of 4 grams up to six times a day. Older children can be given 8 grams after each feeding.
- POLYSORB. This drug effectively treats infectious lesions and allergies. Available in powder form. The dose will be determined by the weight of the child. Weight less than 10 kg can be used not more than 1.5 of a teaspoon, dissolved in 50 ml of water. This dose should be divided into three stages. Weighing from 11 to 30 kg are allowed to give a teaspoon three times a day. Dissolve in 50 ml of water. If the child's weight more than 30 kg, the dosage can be increased to 2 teaspoons.
All chelators have contraindications, so before applying you should consult with your doctor. Read the instructions carefully before you give medicine to a child.
As inetresante you can use and activated carbon. But its effectiveness compared with modern medicines is much lower.
Probiotics to combat diarrhea
Often diarrhea in children is caused by the intestinal microflora. To correct the situation will help probiotics are composed of beneficial bacteria. Among the most effective are:
- Bifiform. It not only helps to cope with diarrhea and restore normal digestion, but also support the baby's immunity. Available in the form of tablets and powder for preparing an oil solution. The powder is suitable for infants. Pills from diarrhea for children under the age of 3 years. Children can be given and capsules intended for adults. They should be used with acute diarrhea.
- Hilak Forte. The application of it to infants is undesirable. From the age of two can give 20-30 drops. In older children the dose can be increased to 50 drops. The reception frequency is three times a day.
- Bifidumbacterin. Available in suppository form, powder and capsules. Tool powder children can be given 2-3 doses per day. The drug in capsules can be taken once the child reaches the age of 4 years.
- Normoblast Junior. This tool can give a child diarrhea, if it was half a year. In this case the maximum dosage is half a sachet per day. At the age of from six months to 3 years old are allowed to take onesachets per day. Older children are allowed to give 2 sachets a day.
- Linex. The main component of the drug be enterococci. In the capsules, among other things, includes lactose. Infants should take 1 capsule per day. Aged 1 to 12 years you can increase the dosage to three capsules.
Such drugs against diarrhoea for children is often recommended after antibiotic therapy. They help to restore the microflora and overcome pathogenic.
What other drugs can be used
There are several other drugs that also allowed to use for the treatment of diarrhea in children. Among them are:
- Loperamide. Traditional means for slowing intestinal motility. Its action is aimed at increasing the time during which the food passes the intestines. In its application considerably reduces the urge to defecate. To treat this drug can a child under the age of six years.
- Ftalazol. This is a drug from the group of antimicrobial. Effectively kills germs that Lodge in the intestines. Allowed the use of ftalazola for children from two years.
- Furazolidone. Often used for food poisoning and dysentery. Approved for use with one year.
- Enterofuril. Is more effective modern equivalent of furazolidone. Available in the form of syrup and capsules. It is allowed to apply for children under the age of 1 month.
- Enteral. The drug, created on the basis of beneficial microorganisms. Great fights pathogenic microbes. Can be used for the treatment of diarrhea of unknown etiology.
Ppplication of such drugs shall be carried out strictly in accordance with the instructions. It is best before such a treatment is to consult with a specialist who will help to calculate the required dosage.
Restoration of water-salt balance in case of diarrhea
During diarrhea the body loses a lot of fluid. If it's gone, there will be dehydration and serious health consequences. So you need to give the child the drugs against diarrhea, but also a means to feed. These include:
- Regidron. In the product contains potassium, dextrose and sodium salt. One sachet of this powder should be dissolved in a glass of warm water. During the day the resulting liquid should be given to the child.
- Hydrovit Forte. Regidrona has a similar composition. One sachet of product diluted in a glass of water or warm tea.
- Gastrolith. The composition contains chamomile extract, glucose, potassium chloride and bicarbonate and sodium chloride. Before use, the drug is dissolved in a glass of warm water.
Means for taiwania can be prepared independently. Best helps mix a liter of warm water, two tablespoons of sugar, a teaspoon of salt and same amount of soda.
If diarrhea in a child not caused by serious diseases and not too intense, then treat it with traditional medicine. The most effective recipes:
- Pour 50 grams of rose hips half a liter of water. Warm on the fire for about 10 minutes. Then leave it for an hour for steaming. This decoction is recommended to take a glass at least three times a day.
- Cook savory compote of dried blueberries. Give them the child after each meal.
- Mix equal proportions of raw material of oregano, chamomile and yarrow. Two tablespoons of cooked mixture separte in a Cup of boiling water. Boil for about 10 minutes. Then drain and give the child one glass.
- Five teaspoons of chamomile pour a glass of water. Let steep for eight hours. Drink this infusion should tablespoon before meals for an hour.
- Dissolve a teaspoon of potato starch in a tablespoon of water. Give the child to drink.
- Brew 10 grams of St. John's wort in a Cup of boiling water. Let stand at least 20 minutes. Give your child a tablespoon to four times a day.
- One of a handful of prunes and raisins will rasarite in four liters of water. The resulting compote can be given to children in small amounts as often as possible.
- Pour the Cup of rice in six cups of water. Simmer. Strain through cheesecloth. The resulting liquid, let the baby every two hours in the amount of one third of a Cup.
- Boil three medium-sized carrots. Peel and turn into a puree. Pour the pulp in a little boiling water. As a result, you should obtain a thick puree. Give your child two spoons of funds up to four times a day.
- Cook a rich compote of dried pears. Let your child 50 grams of beverage up to five times a day.
Such simple means will help to cope with the diarrhea. They should not be used if diarrhea is accompanied by vomiting, fever and other dangerous symptoms. In this case, you need to immediately call an ambulance.
Folk remedies can have side effects and contraindications. Before applying you should consult with your doctor.
Diet for diarrhea
Drugs from diarrhea for children will be effective only if it is adhered to a healthy diet.Thus there is a need in small portions so as not to overload a weakened digestive system. Meals must be prepared from ingredients that are easily absorbed by the body.
During the acute phase of diarrhea to feed the child the best liquid food or puree. For this purpose, suitable cereals, cooked in water, steamed vegetables, shredded in a blender. In order for the baby soon enough, you can give him a souffle of lean meats or fish.
Don't force child to eat. If he refuses, leave him alone. If he is, reluctantly, this may provoke an attack of vomiting. Better give him more fluid, useful cook compotes and jellies.
Do not give your child foods that cause flatulence in the intestine. These include cabbage, yoghurt, butter products, meats, tomatoes, mushrooms. Try to enter into the diet more pumpkin, zucchini, carrots and potatoes. They contain pectin, which helps rid your body of toxins and to remove inflammatory process in the intestine. For dessert, offer the kid fruit jelly, mousse with cranberry and lemon juice or fruit jelly. Also allow drying and crackers.
Three days after the start of active treatment can be gradually introduced into the diet of baby milk products. It is better to give preference to bio kefir, acidophilin or Narine. These drinks will help to quickly restore the natural balance of microflora in the intestines. Be sure to select those products, fat content not exceeding 2.5%.
If your baby is still a baby, his nutrition during acute diarrhea should be given special attention. To stop feeding is not necessary. Otherwise the child is not strong enough to cope with the problem. When breastfeeding, try to reduce a single portion of milk, but meals should be more. If a child eats blends, feed him every two hours. Thus for the time he needs to eat no more than 50 ml of the mixture. To the usual power mode, you can return after 4 days.
Diet diet in the treatment of diarrhea must be kept for two weeks. During this time the digestive system should be fine. After that you can return to a normal diet. That child has gone on the amendment can be judged by his appetite.
It is forbidden to do
During treatment of diarrhea in a child is strictly prohibited:
- Use for the treatment drugs intended for adults. The same rule applies to popular recipes.
- Kids tablets for diarrhea and other medications can only be used in accordance with the instructions. Excessive dosage can lead to negative consequences.
- Don't put the baby tummy warm compress database expert advice.
- If the child refuses food, it is not necessary to force it.
- It is forbidden to give the baby painkillers without prescription of the specialist.
- Do not stop to drink, even in the presence of vomiting. Let him drink small amounts as often as possible.
- It is forbidden to use in the treatment of diarrhea in children antibiotics of the tetracycline series.
- Don't spend rubbing the body with alcohol or vinegar.
Compliance with these regulations will ensure the safety of the baby. Then the process of healing will take place without consequences.
In order to avoid diarrhea in children must adhere to the following simple rules:
- Carefully follow the hygiene of infants. Older children need to be accustomed to cleanliness, washing hands before each use of food.
- Be careful that there is your child. Prepare dishes from only proven quality products.
- Expose fully heat treated meat and fish. Thoroughly wash vegetables and fruits before giving them to the child.
To choose the best remedy for diarrhea at the kid it is necessary with the attending physician. So you can avoid possible side effects and to restore the health of your child.