Rotavirus is without fever and diarrhea in children
Rotavirus is an intestinal infection, which primarily affects the gastrointestinal tract. Transmission of the bacteria causing the disease occurs usually through unwashed hands. The hardest it is transferred the elderly and children, but also young on the background of the development of infection can be various complications. Rotavirus is without fever and diarrhea is a frequent phenomenon, so you need to know and other symptoms that characterize the disease. The sooner start treatment, the less the likelihood of complications.
Causes of rotavirus in children
The source of infection is a person who may be just a carrier of the infection, or he's sick severe form of the disease. When the rotavirus incubation period is from several hours to several days. And a vector of the disease, the person becomes immediately after pathogenic bacteria was in his system. So he can still be healthy, but it can be infected others.
Microbes that contain harmful toxins that are emitted during vomiting, may be in the saliva, feces and even in the urine. Strong immunity after the disease in humans is not produced, it means that he can be infected again and again. Often children infected in the kindergarten, so if the child from the group who developed symptoms of rotavirus, it is better to leave your baby at home for 2-3 weeks. If the other kids don't get sick, so the danger has passed.
The main methods of infection are:
- the consumption of raw water;
- eating eggs and meat which are not brought to readiness state;
- receiving products that cannot be washed (for example, cream cake, dairy products);
- the ingestion of water while bathing;
- use care items and personal hygiene after an infected person and so on.
"Pick up" intestinal infection can each child, but to a greater extent at risk are premature infants and those born with disorders of the nervous system, as well as being on artificial feeding.
Symptoms no diarrhea and temperature
The incubation period for infection ranges from six hours to two days. Noticed that the sooner the disease will manifest their first symptoms, the harder it will leak in childhood. In adults, the rotavirus is almost always uncomplicated. The child cannot recognize the disease, especially if it is not accompanied by fever and diarrhea. In this case, rotavirus infection without fever in children can be recognized by the following features:
- Intoxication symptoms can be nausea, weakness, dizziness.
- Gastritises symptoms: vomiting (feeling after it gets better), severe abdominal pain, in the stomach.
- Lower abdominal pain, painful trips to the bathroom in which in the stool may show blood and mucus are kriticheskie symptoms.
Be aware that the baby may appear only some of the above symptoms without fever. If the child complains of deterioration of health, consult a doctor.
Diagnosis and treatment of diseases in children
For preliminary diagnosis of a sick child it inspected, ask the mother about the nature of the chair, about the symptoms that concerned him. Also the doctor discovers that ate the kid, as the appearance of signs may be associated with food poisoning.
If a baby has diarrhea, you must take a small amount of feces for analysis. As a rule, rotavirus infection, it has an unpleasant smell and very liquid foamy texture. The result of the analysis can be read in 10 minutes, and if it is negative, then carry out the following diagnosis:
- on the first day of the disease take blood from a vein to determine the presence of antibodies to existing bacteria and viruses;
- produce taking vomit or feces for bacterial culture. If the disease occurs without vomiting, this test is omitted;
- colonoscopy and other methods of instrumental studies will help determine the condition of the intestine. In children it is done only if the doctor suspects that the baby rotavirus infection without diarrhoea. With the disease other symptoms that help to make an accurate diagnosis, this procedure is not mandatory.
The doctor appoints to the child a special diet. From the menu excluded salty, fried, smoked, sweet, fatty, dairy products, raw vegetables, fruits and juices. It is important to give the baby to drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration. Even if without rotavirus diarrhea, dehydration may occur due to frequent vomiting. Allowed to drink mineral water without gas, fresh juice, boiled water, weak tea without sugar.
To relieve symptoms local manifestations using different formulations. For example, if you use antiemetic vomiting medication, at much higher temperature – antipyretics, when the aches and pain in body painkillers. Also you should take medicines that are rich in beneficial bacteria and sorbents that are beneficial tointestinal flora of a sick child.
All of these preparations appoint a doctor. Self-medication in case of illness of children under 6 years old prohibited, as it is fraught with serious complications.
Prevention of the disease
Vaccine against rotavirus does not exist. But if you follow some rules, you can keep your baby from intestinal infection or to minimize the risk of disease:
- Teach your child to wash hands with soap after visiting the toilet, especially after the public, or the use of sanitizers for the hands.
- How often do wet cleaning in the apartment and air it.
- To wash before use in hot water with soap all the fruit, vegetables and herbs.
- To teach kids to maintain good personal hygiene.
- Carefully examine the expiration dates of products before they buy.
- Store all food in the refrigerator.
- Drink only boiled water.
- To avoid eating insufficiently cooked meat.
- Do not eat raw eggs.
While ensuring timely and correct treatment, the prognosis in intestinal infection in child favorable. If you fail to make timely medical attention, possible serious complications of the digestive system.