Vomiting blood the child and the adult: causes, treatment
Vomiting blood indicates damage to the walls of the stomach and esophagus. It occurs when mechanical injuries of these organs and in severe infectious lesions. When vomiting of a brownish color, it is not always a sign of internal bleeding. This color could give chocolate, tea and coffee, which were consumed shortly. If there is epistaxis, which can be attributed to the appearance of blood you should immediately see a doctor. Only the doctor can properly diagnose and prescribe treatment. Before the arrival of the doctor it is desirable to keep vomit, they will be sent to the study.
The causes of vomiting with blood in adults
Bloody vomiting occurs for different reasons, these include:
- Damage to the esophagus and stomach. Deformation is easy and looks like the cracks are extensive, when there are large wounds mucosa. The reason for such defects – excessive stress that comes from gagging, hiccups and coughing.
- If vomiting with admixture of blood, suspected varices of the stomach wall. Red blood talks about the recent bleed. This kind of blood loss is quickly terminated and is not a serious health consequences. Vomiting with admixture of dark blood indicates a long and slow bleed-out that can give lots of complications.
- Ulcerative diseases of the stomach or duodenum. Such consequences can be if the disease is neglected.
- Reason, there are bleeding of different etiology in the throat and esophagus.
- Vomiting blood is also found in liver cirrhosis. This condition is observed after the consumption of alcohol, from increased pressure to deform the shell of the esophagus. This condition is very dangerous and requires quick assistance of paramedics.
- Blood from the stomach by vomiting may be gastritis, but it is rare and mainly seen after alcohol. Bloody blotches in this case is negligible and this state passes quickly.
- The dark clots in the vomit indicate internal bleeding. In this case you need to urgently call an ambulance, because delay can cost lives.
Any vomiting with abnormal inclusions requires the doctor's advice. Even in an adult, sturdy-looking man such a symptom may indicate a serious disease which should be treated in hospital.
When there is vomiting with blood
Sometimes vomiting with admixture of blood occurs in pregnant in the last trimester. This means a severe form of morning sickness. If a woman is not time to provide medical care, she and the baby could die. This disease is characterized by elevation of blood pressure, extensive swelling, General weakness and constant nausea. When this condition is violated, the blood supply of the placenta, and the fetus is suffering from lack of oxygen. At the first suspicion of this pathology, you need to see the obstetrician-gynecologist.
Blood vomiting is a consequence of chemical poisoning, burning substances. In this case, the damaged mucosa of all the digestive organs, bleeding is profuse.
If you suspect a poisoning with acids and alkalis in any case not to do gastric lavage in the home. This will result in further damage to important organs, and increased bleeding.
Under normal food poisoning the vomiting can also occur blood streaks. This happens with frequent retching. When the stomach is empty, starts to get bile, where it is possible to see abnormal blotches of blood. This is possible with a strong tension of the walls of the stomach and esophagus, bursting of small capillaries.
The abuse of alcohol is also possible streaks of blood in the vomit. This occurs due to strong irritation of the walls of the digestive tract aggressive environment. This condition usually goes away without fever and is characterized by other symptoms of alcohol intoxication – loss of coordination, dizziness, pain in the head and General weakness.
Causes of blood vomiting in children
Vomiting blood in a child is when a number of serious diseases and accidental ingestion of blood. The reasons for this vomiting in children may be:
- Bleeding from the nasal passages and lungs. The child swallows waste blood, and she, getting into the stomach, provokes vomiting.
- The wound in the walls of the esophagus and stomach. This is a consequence of inflammatory diseases and mechanical deformation, ingestion of pointed objects. In addition, the kids have a very delicate stomach, and a similar reaction happens on the intake of certain medications.
- Chronic liver disease can also trigger the appearance of blood during vomiting.
Bloody specks in the vomit of a child are a sign of benign or malignant tumors in the digestive organs. Therefore, if such a phenomenon occurs in a child urgently needs to visit a doctor.
Not always vomiting with streaks of blood in an infant is a sign of serious diseases. The reason can be cracked nipples of nursing mothers, then the particles of the blood penetrate into the stomach and depart with vomiting.
What is the color of blood in the vomit and smell
If the vomit is red particles of the blood, itevidence of recent hemorrhage in the stomach or esophagus. This phenomenon can damage the throat or upper esophagus.
Burgundy blood and vomit with brownish streaks tell of prolonged bleeding when blood is exposed to gastric enzyme. With possible frequent stools and feces with a mixture of digested blood. Bowel movements have an unnatural black hue.
Regardless of the color of blood rings, this condition says about the threat of the pathological changes in the body and requires emergency treatment. Urgently to call an ambulance in that case, when you vomit out a large amount of blood.
What can tell the smell of vomit
The smell that comes from vomiting, is judged not only on the pathologies of the digestive organs. Sour smell tells about the ulcer or other diseases that are characterized by high acidity. With the stagnant phenomena in the stomach there is a putrid, fetid smell.
Have of vomit is the smell of feces in intestinal obstruction. After consuming poor-quality alcoholic beverages or technical means vomit will give chemicals. When a kidney disorder, vomiting emits a smell of ammonia vapors, and for high blood sugar smell of acetone.
What to do when blood vomiting
Even with regular nausea and vomiting, people panic and don't know what to do prior. If the vomiting of blood, even a calm person loses his temper and starts to get nervous, especially if it occurs in a child younger age.
Before attempting to assist, it is necessary to determine the exact cause of this phenomenon. To do it yourself is difficult, so no drastic aid impossible. The patient is allowed to drink cool pure water, it can reduce the urge of vomiting and eases stomach. If you really concerned about the pain in the abdomen, permitted to put a hot water bottle with cold water.
If vomit looks abnormally and contain particles of blood, it indicates that the body cannot cope with the disease themselves. This symptom should alert the patient and his family. It is desirable to conduct a full examination to pinpoint the cause and prescribe the correct therapy.
In the case where blood in the vomit a little bit and understand its origin, to render assistance to a person at home. If it's from a nose bleed and swallowed, induce vomiting, you need to quickly stop nosebleeds. To do this, of wool or bandage, make flagella, moistened in hydrogen peroxide and put a few minutes in the nostrils. Usually this is enough to normalize the condition. In other mild cases, it is possible to provide such assistance to the patient:
- To wash out the stomach, if the condition is caused by poisoning of food, alcohol or drugs. This gives the drink a little warm water and cause vomiting. Using this procedure, you can remove a large portion of toxic substances that do not have time to be absorbed into the bloodstream.
- Patient ensure a good drinking regime, to avoid dehydration. As suggest drink clean water, broth hips or chamomile. You need to drink give small portions, no more than 50 grams at a time, and very often.
- When uncontrollable vomiting is allowed to use antiemetic drugs – reglan or motilium. They cropped retching and slightly stabilize the patient's condition;
- Before the arrival of the doctor recommended decoctions of herbs – chamomile or calendula. They will gently remove the inflammation from the mucous and restore damaged areas.
The young child any medications, including antiemetics, can be given only after consultation with the pediatrician. If the nearest hospital is far from home, you can call an ambulance, where the doctor on duty will be able to advise on the feasibility of taking such medications in a particular case.
The person who was observed vomiting blood, you need complete rest and proper sleep. This promotes faster recovery and reduced risk of consequences. Eat the patient is not recommended for at least 12 hours. After this time you can offer oatmeal gruel on the water and mashed ripe banana. The entire give food in small portions so as not to provoke another attack of vomiting.
You need to remember that the emergency care provided at home, will not eliminate the problem completely, and will only help to stop the uncomfortable symptoms!
Treatment in a hospital
Self-medication copious blood vomiting at home may lead to deterioration and to death. To prevent this, a person need to see a doctor, and the sooner this is done, the better. In the hospital treatment according to this Protocol:
- Pass tests on blood, urine, faeces and vomit.
- Conduct ultrasound of internal organs to accurately identify pathology.
- To prevent dehydration shows a dropper with glucose and saline.
- In the case of large blood loss blood transfusion.
- Symptomatic treatment thatcupping retching, pain in the abdomen and reduce bleeding.
In severe cases may require surgical intervention that can save lives. If adequate treatment is not available, it leads to serious consequences – shock state, severe anemia and asthma attacks.
After discharge from hospital the person should be registered at the gastroenterologist and at least once a year to undergo full examinationto rule out recurrence. For a long period of time should be observed diet, with restriction of fatty foods, spicy and very spicy.
Any ailment in man require the doctor's advice, but if there is vomiting blood, needed emergency. The patient himself cannot correctly assess the extent of blood loss, so the family should immediately call the doctor.