Vomiting green in an adult: causes, treatment
Vomiting green adult – symptom that indicates a serious pathology in the body. To ignore it is impossible, as to do self diagnosis and treatment. Why vomit is colored in green shade and what else can be the color of the stomach contents?
Causes staining of vomiting
Green vomit indicates the presence of bile in the stomach and increased bilirubin in the blood. Causes reflux of bile into the stomach:
- a pathological condition of the sphincter, which controls the transition of food from the stomach into the duodenum;
- chronic inflammation of the bile ducts, gallbladder, liver;
- intra-abdominal pressure;
- congenital anomalies of the structure of the digestive system;
- cholecystectomy – removal of gallbladder;
- the violation of innervation.
Green vomiting in humans may be a consequence of functional disorders of the digestive system. Lack of pancreatic enzymes on the background of the predominance of bile determines the color of the digested food. Functional insufficiency (low production of mucus, hormones, enzymes). Color puke green.
Green bile in the vomit may indicate the presence of a neoplastic process. This is especially important in cancer pathology of the intestine, obstruction. The tumor compresses the digestive tract and provoke reflux (regurgitation) of bile in the stomach.
Green vomiting is one of the main symptoms of acute intestinal infections (salmonellosis, typhoid, cholera, Staphylococcus). Any intestinal infection the color of vomit may be green to yellow.
Green or yellow vomiting is in cases of poisoning with chemicals or poisonous mushrooms.
Symptoms accompanying vomiting
Vomiting is always preceded by nausea. Its intensity depends on the reasons. When food poisoning is evacuation of stomach contents brings temporary relief. In severe cases, for example, in infectious diseases, repeated vomiting aggravates the General condition of the patient.
The second accompanying symptom is diarrhea. The chair also takes on a characteristic color and texture that has diagnostic value for identifying the causes of disease.
Pathological processes which can be assumed by the nature of vomiting:
- Yellow green vomiting – the presence in the stomach of excess bile and hydrochloric acid. It happens when the acidity of the stomach and violation of the outflow of bile.
- Vomit gray color contain a lot of mucus – poisoning poisons mushrooms.
- Yellow vomit – eating poor quality food.
- Stomach contents of brown is a dangerous symptom that speaks to the internal bleeding from the stomach. When interacting with hydrochloric acid blood oxidizes and gets a "coffee grounds". Causes: peptic ulcer, polyps, tumors.
- Vomiting red color – a sign of bleeding from the esophagus. It happens in cases of poisoning as a result of rupture of the walls of the body.
- If the food in the stomach is colored in dark green is excess bile in combination with bleeding.
- If the person vomits the mass of the black color – a sign of an overdose of potent and toxic drugs.
The principles of elimination of pathological conditions
If the green vomit is accompanied by a rise of temperature to high values, profuse diarrhea, severe abdominal pain, you need to call an ambulance for hospitalization in infectious diseases hospital.
If the health of the patient satisfactory. Enough to call family doctor for appointment symptomatic treatment.
If the patient is sick, prescribe antacids. This is especially true if the person is vomiting yellow bitter liquid. Excess hydrochloric acid can be removed with the help of medicines. Antacids reduce the acidity level in the stomach, bring it to a normal state. Envelop the mucous membranes, relieve irritation, stop nausea, heartburn, belching eliminate.
Tablets – Rennie, gastal, Maalox, talcid. Suspension – Almagel, aluminium phosphate gel, gestid, gaviscon, antacid.
Vomiting is associated with water loss and dehydration. Therefore, the patient must give water or other drink warm. You need to drink in small SIPS. If you drink a lot of liquid in one gulp, it will provoke repeated vomiting.
In the absence of nausea, you can drink herbal tea and teas. Green or yellow vomit in humans is a symptom of inflammation of the liver or gallbladder. To help prescribe herbs. They can calm an enlarged liver, normalize its work, ensure the patency of the excretory tract is the normal flow of bile.
Herbs, which can prepare a medicinal infusion or decoction:
- Burdock (burdock) – reduces inflammation, restores the structure of cells, relieves pain, has a diuretic, laxative and choleretic effect, helps to eliminate toxins.
- Yarrow – improves the intracellular metabolism, enhances flow, removing spasm, eliminates pain in the right hypochondrium (a symptom of enlarged liver), has a cleansing property.
- Milk Thistle – protects the hepatocytes (liver cells) from the effects of poisons and toxins.
- Chicory – increases metabolism, microcirculation, improves blood flow. It saturates the body with oxygen and restores itstructure.
- Dandelion – cleans ducts and vessels.
- Helichrysum – reduces pain of any localization.
- Ginger – to prevent the development of nausea and heartburn. Relieves retching.
If the person vomited once and the vomit is yellow, it does not require specific treatment. This condition is caused by indigestion, as a response to the heavy food. In this case, you need to offer short fasting. And then 2-3 days to follow a diet:
- to refuse fatty, smoked, fried, salty, spicy foods;
- dishes steamed, grilled or boiled;
- to temporarily eliminate fruits and vegetables containing crude fiber (cellulose) because they can injure the inflamed mucosa – cabbage, apples, persimmons;
- you can eat soups with vegetable broth, are not recommended first meals cooked using tomato or acid (soup of sauerkraut, soup);
- during recovery of the digestive tract to abandon the carbonated and alcoholic drinks, strong black tea, coffee.
If the green or yellow vomiting is accompanied by severe cutting pains in the abdomen, in which a person must be in a forced position, lying on its side, should take any medication or folk remedies. This can be a symptom of appendicitis. Any pain or other medications will lubricate the symptoms and prevent timely make the correct diagnosis. The consequence of ruptured Appendix, peritonitis.
In adults vomiting can be triggered by a sharp rise in blood pressure. In this case, it is necessary to take antihypertensive medications and to call an ambulance.
To vomiting does not recur, you need to adjust your daily diet, make it balanced and less heavy to digest. Not to use products of dubious origin (mushrooms, products from natural markets). To observe personal hygiene to prevent intestinal infections.