Why am I feeling sick in the morning on an empty stomach: causes
The morning sickness can occur at any age. If this symptom is not bothering people constantly, most likely, before he either ate too much fatty foods or drank too much. In order to feel better enough to drink water and try not to overeat on this day. However, on the morning of may vomiting and more serious reasons. This can be a signal, warning about the development of severe disease in the body. Therefore, if this symptom occurs frequently, it is urgent to find out why morning sickness on an empty stomach.
- Gastrointestinal disease that cause morning sickness
It often happens that the nausea comes before vomiting. The stomach can not digest food and trying to get rid of it. When a person is sick, he feels rolled heaviness in the chest, which is accompanied by increased salivation. Can sometimes slightly queasy, even if very hungry. But if it is repeated from day to day, the reasons can be the following:
- biliary dyskinesia. The girl cause nausea in the morning could be just the disease. They mostly affect slim women and Teens. The problem occurs due to weak outflow of bile, which is slowing down due to the peculiarities of metabolic and hormonal processes in an individual organism. If the disease is diagnosed, no serious consequences can not be expected;
- gastritis, erosion or ulcer of the stomach. These diseases are saying about high acidity in the stomach, so the patient can often cause heartburn, nausea and vomiting in the mornings and evenings, pains and spasms in the region of the gastrointestinal tract, especially after a meal. If to identify the cause and get treatment, the inflammation can go and never remind myself. When the ulcer for a long time are not found, its place may form a cancerous tumor;
- the cholecystitis. If you have morning sickness, this can be inflammation of bile, which occurs because of education on stones or due to the ingress of juice from the pancreas. In addition to nausea, the patient complains of severe pain in the right upper quadrant;
- appendicitis. It is an insidious disease which may go unnoticed, and after the show itself rather abruptly. Upon detection of a nausea on an empty stomach, frequent stools and pain in the right lower abdomen, you should immediately consult a doctor because your Appendix may become purulent and break into the abdominal cavity;
- pancreatitis. Nausea on an empty stomach, and morning vomiting are symptoms of this disease. It is a disease of the pancreas, which inhibits the flow of digestive juice from it, which leads to inflammation of the organ and its surrounding tissues. At risk are people who love fatty food, plentiful and a late evening meal and alcohol.
Other diseases for which sick on an empty stomach
If on an empty stomach is sick – it can speak about different diseases or processes and not to be a problem of the digestive system:
- Hypertension. High blood pressure is often accompanied by symptoms such as nausea on an empty stomach, headache, lethargy and apathy. People who suffer from this disease are often faced with similar symptoms. If a person is not characterized by the phenomenon of elevated blood pressure, and its sharp rise may warn of a stroke or heart attack.
- Migraine. Strong cutting pain, which is localized in a particular part of the head, accompanied by nausea, vomiting, intolerance of bright light and noise, could also be hurting people immediately after waking up.
- Cardiovascular disease. If you feel sick in the morning and pulls on vomiting, there are constant changes in pressure, heaviness and burning sensation behind the breastbone – it may indicate diseases such as ischemia, heart failure, arrhythmia , etc. in addition, these signs appear before a heart attack or stroke. Another reason for such reactions the thrombosis. This is a very dangerous disease, as the blood clot obstructs the vessel and prevents the blood supply that in the absence of immediate medical treatment ends cyanosis and death.
- Viral hepatitis can also be accompanied by nausea and vomiting in the morning on an empty stomach in the early stages of the disease. When the disease progresses, this symptom goes away.
- When severe food allergies may feel dizzy, experience nausea and fatigue. Allergies can trigger any food, starting with chocolate and ending with buckwheat.
- Helminthiasis. The presence of parasites in the body also causes this symptom nausea on an empty stomach. Worm infestation is characteristic for children. If the child is pale, has no appetite and vomits, it is possible that in the intestine or liver settled parasites that interfere with the normal functioning of the baby.
- Pregnancy. In this case, the morning sickness is not caused by disease and normal physiological processes in a woman's body. This phenomenon is called morning sickness, it occurs in the first trimester of pregnancy. A woman's body initially perceives the fetus as a foreign antigen, therefore, reactions like. Eventually hormonalrestructuring and such signs as vomiting, dizziness and nausea in the morning, retreat.
Cause nausea in the morning in men may be regular abuse of alcohol and constant Smoking. Gastrointestinal tract indicates so on the entry to a large number of toxins that are poisoning not only the digestive system but are absorbed into the bloodstream.
Diagnosis and treatment
In any case, if the person can often feel nauseous and to vomit, and it's not pregnancy, then he should visit a gastroenterologist. To determine the true origin of these symptoms is not easy. First, the patient will be offered a complete examination, which may include the endoscopic and radiological examination of the stomach and the sampling of blood, urine and feces. Many refuse to swallow the probe, and prefer to do x-rays, but sometimes this is not advisable because of digestive endoscopy, people do not feel anything except a strong retching, and receives no radiation dose.
After diagnosis the patient is prescribed the appropriate treatment. What is included in the list of medicines and procedures which need to go through to get rid of nausea on an empty stomach and other annoying symptoms, can be solved only by a specialist. When morning sick occasionally and need to improve health to allow urgent cases, you can pay by the following methods:
- dissolve a slice of lemon or to prepare lemon water. To do this, simply slice the citrus half in small slices and pour two cups of boiling water. When the infusion is cold, it can be drunk. To remove symptoms like nausea and morning vomiting on an empty stomach this way you can in pregnant and in children. People with high acidity, ulcers or gastritis so get rid of nausea not recommended;
- drink tea with ginger root. You can prepare a drink by yourself or you can buy ready-made tea bags with ginger. More efficient struggling with nausea the first option. Teaspoon of crushed ginger root pour a glass of boiling water and consumed in the form of heat;
- to get water or mint tea or suck a mint. Mint in any form helps with nausea. You can pick fresh leaves and fill them with boiling water or use dried.
Vomiting in the morning in men is often a symptom of the usual hangover. In this case, on an empty stomach is recommended to drink mineral salt water or brine. This will restore the water-salt balance will lead to feelings and relieve nausea and vomiting.
What to do if sick during pregnancy
If the cause nausea on an empty stomach in women is pregnancy, you will cope with this symptom quite simple. You need to remember a few simple rules:
- after waking up to eat a cookie, piece of cheese or a sandwich and drink sweet tea, and then make a vertical position;
- snacking throughout the day as often as possible, to again start to feel really sick;
- to force yourself a little to eat in spite of the nausea.
The last recommendation appears to be strange and awkward, as a woman think that if she will eat, she will immediately throw up. In fact, quite the opposite. When a pregnant woman drinks tea on an empty stomach and eat something sweet and nutritious, sugar level in her blood is normal and the nausea goes away. If you constantly refuse to eat due to nausea, can be highly to lose weight that has a negative impact on the fetus.
Nausea on an empty stomach – not always a sign of a dangerous disease. However, to ignore such symptom is not – it is better to detect the disease at an early stage than to treat his running form.