Symptoms of poisoning with food
The symptoms of food poisoning experienced by every person. They are caused by the use of poor quality or expired food. It's great in the warmer months, when for a matter of hours to come into disrepair can any meals. The key to successful treatment will be timely diagnosis of the problem and correct therapy.
The mechanism of occurrence of the disease
The cause of poisoning become pathogens that may be contained in the products. They produce lots of toxins. Once in the human body, they begin to have a negative impact on the internal organs. The extra dose of toxic substances released in the process of destruction of the pathogen in the digestive tract.
From poisoning primarily affect the gastrointestinal tract. In this regard, the first to appear symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. After the introduction of toxins into the blood there comes a General intoxication of the body. It is fraught with more serious consequences, up to and diseases of the kidneys, liver and heart.
Classification of poisoning
Depending on the causative agent poisoning are divided into two large groups:
- Microbial origin. Caused by activity of the Salmonella, Staphylococcus, E. coli and other microorganisms.
- Nemikrobnoy origin. Are caused by the action of animal or vegetable poisons, chemicals.
To classify poisoning can and by product group, which acted as the cause. There are the following main types:
- Poisoning in meat products. The greatest danger is poisoning the chicken. On the skin of the bird is actively breeding ground for Salmonella. Therefore the skin is better not to use when cooking. Meat should be well cooked before consumption. The second most popular source of getting meat.
- Confectionery and dairy products. They feel staphylococci. These microorganisms multiply rapidly at positive temperature. In the summer there are cases of poisoning cake with cream, cake or yogurt.
- Mushrooms. Poisoning is the most dangerous. The fungi are able to accumulate heavy metals, toxins and any chemicals. Primarily affects the kidneys, liver and nervous system. At the first suspicion on poisoning with mushrooms it is necessary to immediately call an ambulance.
- Fish poisoning. As soon as the fish starts to decompose, it stand out toxic substances. They negatively affect the body's nervous system and internal organs. In addition, the fish often settle parasites. Therefore we do not recommend eating it raw.
- Canned and homemade pickles. Such products often cause botulism. This disease is related to the activity of botulinum coli. She is actively propagated in the absence of oxygen.
- Other products. Sometimes with damaged or poor-quality food into the body may be micro-organisms causing dysentery, salmonellosis, typhoid and other serious diseases. Therefore, caution should be treated to such products, like milk, eggs, vegetables and fruits.
Before using any products, make sure they are fresh. Fish or meat always takes a long time to cook. Pathogens are killed at high temperature.
All products store in the refrigerator. This is especially true of dairy foods, confectionery, meat, poultry and fish. Fruits and vegetables, wash before use.
Before the holidays people are wondering whether it is possible to poison the usual mayonnaise. This product does not present any particular risk subject to the rules of its storage. But the salad with mayonnaise it is possible to get poisoned, even if it is in the refrigerator. The shelf life of such food is not more than four hours.
The poisoning of food products has pronounced symptoms. They may occur immediately or some time later. There are the following symptoms:
- Do not leave a feeling of nausea.
- Prolonged diarrhea. He often has an unpleasant smell or impurities in the blood.
- The temperature of the body to levels 37-40 degrees.
- Too dark color of urine.
- The decrease in blood pressure.
- Disturbance of consciousness, recoordinate movements.
- Weakness, lethargy.
- My stomach hurts.
- In severe cases there are cramps, aching bones or bruising of the lips.
If after the use of questionable products you notice these symptoms, immediately resort to the first aid measures and consult a doctor.
The symptoms of botulism
Botulism is the most dangerous form of poisoning. The lack of proper treatment can lead to serious consequences including death. The symptoms of this disease include:
- Severe pain in the abdomen.
- Frequent bouts of diarrhea.
- The increase in body temperature to 40 degrees.
- Dryness of the mucous membranes of the oral cavity.
- Blurred vision.
- Disruptions of the respiratory rhythm.
- Bruising of the skin.
- Heart palpitations.
Whendetection of such symptoms should immediately call an ambulance. Only a doctor can properly evaluate a patient's condition, and prescribe adequate treatment.
Event first aid
If a person is poisoned with expired products, most importantly, time to give him first aid. Only so can avoid serious consequences for health. Consider the following guidelines:
- You first need to clean the stomach from the remnants of spoiled food. This is best suited to pale pink solution of potassium permanganate. You should drink at least three liters of liquid. Then induce vomiting by pressing down on the tongue. The procedure was repeated at least three times. Ensure that the crystals of potassium permanganate is completely dissolved. Otherwise it may be burned mucosa. A more secure method of gastric lavage would be the use of soda solution with the addition of iodine. Components taken from calculation of 1 liter of water 5 drops of iodine and two tablespoons of baking soda.
- If the victim is unconscious or not in control of his actions, then gastric lavage can not be done. Too great a risk that during the procedure people simply drown.
- The second stage would be the colon cleanse. To do this, take any laxative. If there are no medicine, give the victim a few tablespoons of vegetable oil.
Laxatives should only be used if the patient has no diarrhea. Otherwise it will aggravate the situation.
- If the poisoning is accompanied by severe diarrhea, require receiving adsorbing drugs. The simplest of them is activated carbon. For every 10 pounds of weight the victim will have to take one tablet. So if a person weighs 80 kg, it will take 8-10 tablets of coal. Tablets cannot be taken with juice, milk and other beverages. Exceptionally pure water.
- The disease is often accompanied by chills, so the patient should be warmed. To do this, wrap him in a warm blanket, apply a heating pad to the feet. Brew a strong tea.
- Poisoning often causes dehydration. Therefore, a person needs to drink more pure water or decoctions of herbs.
If first aid is rendered correctly, the treatment of poisoning will be successful. Without a doctor's advice do not use any drugs.
The main treatment methods
After gastric lavage, bowel cleansing and the restoration of the water balance in the body, you can go to recovery procedures. Treatment of poisoning includes the following activities:
- Supplementation linking and detoxifying. They help to speed up the healing process completely remove the symptoms of the disease.
- If the disease is accompanied by severe pain, we recommend taking painkillers.
- To restore the damaged mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines will help enveloping drugs.
- After this you need to restore the natural microflora in a damaged colon. For this purpose eubiotics.
- Special diet. Within a few weeks you need to stick to a sparing diet.
Specific drugs and their dosages are determined solely by the attending physician on the basis of the tests and the health status of the patient.
The principles of diet after food poisoning
Competent diet will allow you to recover lost fluid, the intestines to create favorable conditions for recovery, to saturate the body with vitamins and minerals.
The first few days after poisoning with meat or other products, it is especially attentive to the diet. The body is weakened, it cannot be overloaded with carbohydrates and fatty foods. It is better to give preference to vegetables, cooked for a couple. Eat more protein foods. In the list of allowed foods includes:
- lean meat, steamed;
- eggs and steam omelet;
- natural yoghurt, cottage cheese and yogurt low fat
- fruit puree;
- a variety of vegetables.
Is strictly prohibited the use of cabbage, beans, canned and smoked foods, spices, sauces, whole milk.
If the time to recognize the symptoms of poisoning and to begin proper treatment quickly enough, the disease will not even leave a trace. But henceforth be careful to what you eat.