Meat poisoning: symptoms, treatment, causes
Poisoning meat is common. It appears bright symptoms. Poisoning meat requires medical attention and treatment of doctor. This article examines the principal causes and symptoms of meat poisoning, methods of rendering first aid of poisoned components of treatment and diet at the same condition.
The main reasons for the development of meat poisoning
Meat poisoning may occur due to many reasons. You can get poisoned at home and in catering establishments. The following are the basic factors in the development of poisoning with chicken and meat:
- Use when cooking spoiled meat.
- Buying meat in unauthorized locations. It is best to buy it in stores or official markets. Do not hesitate to ask sellers inspection documents and laboratory studies of meat.
- Eating raw meat. In addition to poisoning, it is dangerous to the infected worms.
- Insufficient heat treatment of meat.
- Improper storage. Frozen meat can be frozen only once. When you re-freeze it disappears and becomes dangerous.
- Cooking of meat people suffering from intestinal infections. Bacteria can get into food through dirty hands.
- Consumption of canned meat and expired sausages. Failure to comply with the rules of their preparation, they can develop botulism.
- The meat processing chemicals. Unscrupulous sellers can hide the smell of stale meat products to various chemicals. They soaked the meat in formalin, solutions of chlorine.
What are the dangers of poisoning
Meat poisoning can cause disturbances in the internal organs, the development of chronic diseases. These include:
- Chronic pancreatitis – a disease that affects the pancreas. Accompanied by encircling pain in the abdomen, vomiting, violation of the chair.
- Gastritis – inflammation of the mucous membrane of the stomach. Can be triggered by a large amount of toxins by eating rotten meat.
- Trichinosis is a parasitic infection that may develop due to improper heat treatment of pork. This disease is incurable. Trichinella striking muscle tissue and the myocardium of the heart.
- Violation of the liver. Through this body are all toxins that enter the bloodstream.
The main symptoms of poisoning
How many hours is evident poisoning the meat? Time to development of first symptoms depends on the amount eaten meat product, and the type of toxin, or microorganism which have been infected with the food.
Symptoms of diseases
If you eat stale or rotten meat, which was not infected with the bacteria, the symptoms manifest during the first 2 hours after eating. For this food poisoning is characterized by the following symptoms:
- Nausea and vomiting. Vomit will contain the remains of food eaten. Vomiting on time brings relief, but after some time the nausea returns.
- Pain in the abdomen. Pain syndrome may be caused by inflammation of the stomach mucosa, or formation of gas in the intestines.
- Diarrhea develops within 2-3 hours. It may be accompanied by strong painful spasms, carminative.
- Increased flatulence intestines.
- General weakness.
- Belching with tuhlovato taste.
- Low-grade fever.
Symptoms of salmonellosis
Salmonellosis is a bacterial enteric infection. In cases of poisoning by meat that was infected with Salmonella, symptoms will develop in about 6-7 hours. Patient's quickly deteriorating health.
For salmonellosis, characterized by the following clinical manifestations:
- Strong intoxication syndrome, which is accompanied by fever. Temperature-salmonellosis rises to 38.5-40 degrees. The patient feels highly pronounced weakness, headache.
- Diarrhea with salmonellosis abundant. Liquid stool, with a green tint, foamy. It is accompanied by tenesmus – severe, similar spasm, pain in the bowels.
- Nausea and vomiting. Vomiting can be very frequent, up to 10 times a day.
- Dehydration can occur due to profuse fluid loss from diarrhea and vomiting. The patient dry mucous membranes of the oral cavity, decreased arterial blood pressure, pulse quickens.
- Infectious toxic shock develops during the first days of the disease, in the absence of proper treatment.
The symptoms of dysentery develop over the first day. The patient's condition deteriorates very quickly.
Dysentery manifested these clinical signs:
- Fever. The temperature rises to 39 degrees.
- Headache and General weakness.
- Profuse watery stool. People per day can go to the toilet more than 30 times.
- Severe pain in the abdomen.
Botulism is caused by the bacterium Clostridium, boturini. This is one of the most dangerous intestinal infection, which often leads to death. The first clinical signs begin to appear within the first 2 days, after eating meatof canned food.
Please note that when botulism vomiting and diarrhoea may be absent.
The symptoms of botulism:
- Severe headache and General weakness.
- Blurred vision. Patients complain of double vision.
- Drooping eyelids (ptosis) occurs due to lesions of the facial nerves.
- General muscle weakness. First affects muscles of the cervical spine. It's hard to tear your head from the pillow. Then affects other muscle groups.
- Lost the facial expressions. Facial expression does not change, and it looks like a mask.
The basics of rendering first aid to the victim
Remember that the treatment of intestinal poisoning is performed by a doctor. Self-medication can lead to serious complications and death.
It is important to know what to do when the first symptoms of meat poisoning. First and foremost you should call the ambulance. While it will go, try to have a poisoned person first aid, in some cases it affects the prognosis.
Below we have compiled for you a step by step guideline that you can use before arrival of a brigade of SMP:
- Give the patient to drink a liter of fluid in one gulp, and tell him that if he vomited. This treatment of the stomach will help get rid of the undigested remains of meat. In any case do not let him solution of potassium permanganate, as it can cause burning of the esophagus and gastric mucosa.
- Take a cleansing enema. For her, ordinary water at room temperature. Enema should be done before the advent of clean water. Do not add to the enema medicines, or decoctions of herbs.
- Give the patient to drink sorbents (Activated carbon, Smectite, Sorbex, Enteros gel). These drugs neutralize toxins in the gut, and then withdraw them from the body. Before using sorbents, read to them the instructions and rules for dispensing.
- Drink poisoned person with plain water. This will help to reduce dehydration.
You will also need to pack the patient for the hospital. Put him with the drugs that you have a home available, change of underwear, pajamas, toothbrush, Cup, dish and spoon. Could use a bottle of mineral water and toilet paper.
The actions of the brigade SMP
Tell us in detail of doctors from the brigade SMP, about what happened, list the frequency of vomiting and diarrhea, the amount of care that you had to provide the patient before their arrival.
Doctors will evaluate the condition of the patient, check his blood pressure, pulse, filling the blood with oxygen (saturation).
Then, depending on the condition of the patient, they may be provided the following assistance:
- Intravenous fluids to replenish body fluid.
- The administration of corticosteroids (with the threat of infectious-toxic shock).
- Gastric lavage through the probe.
- The introduction of spasmolytic drugs.
Then, the team conducts a SMP admission of the patient to the infectious Department, where he will undergo examination and subsequent treatment.
Examination or treatment in hospital
Doctor for accurate diagnosis and the causes of poisoning, assessment of the patient's condition may require results of laboratory and instrumental examinations. These include:
- stool cultures;
- General analysis of blood;
- ultrasound examination of internal organs;
- gastroscopy (if you suspect the development of gastritis, or stomach bleeding).
The duration of hospital stay depends on the type of intestinal infection and the patient.
Components of treatment in hospital:
- replenish the water loss of the body;
- drinking regime;
- antibacterial drugs;
- enzyme preparations;
- Protivobotulinicheskoy serum (in botulism).
To eat spoiled meat. Meat poisoning is often found. His treatment should be in hospital. Independently engage in his therapy at home is impossible. With the development of the first symptoms, you should immediately call the ambulance, and not to hope that the disease itself will take place.