What to do in cases of poisoning by sausage at home
Sausages are loved by many. Not everyone knows about the dangers of poisoning by sausage and complications to which it may lead. In this article, we discussed the main reasons that may develop poisoning sausage, the main symptoms and clinical manifestations of this condition, rules of first aid and subsequent treatment components. About poisoning the usual meats read in another review on our website.
Causes meat poisoning
Poisoning sausage or sausage can occur for many reasons. May be to blame for producers, shops and consumers themselves.
The main causes of poisoning sausage:
- cooking sausages from spoiled and expired meat;
- the use of chemicals, nitrates, dyes, harmful preservatives and flavor enhancers in the preparation of sausages;
- the non-observance of sanitary standards in the manufacture of sausages;
- storage of sausage at the proper temperature;
- the acquisition of expired sausages.
Please note that the majority of frankfurters, sausages and cold cuts, presented on our market are made of poor quality meat by-products. They are potentially dangerous to the human body.
The main symptoms
In cases of poisoning by sausage symptoms develop during the first 6 hours after its consumption. The severity of clinical manifestations, rate of rise of the symptoms and the severity of the patient's condition is directly dependent on the amount eaten spoiled or poor-quality meats.
The table below describes the main clinical symptoms of sausage poisoning.
|The name of the symptom||Feature|
|Abdominal pain||The pain may be localized in the stomach or intestines to increase during the act of defecation. Abdominal pain similar to cramps. When inflammation of the pancreas, it is surrounding the character.|
|Nausea and vomiting||Nausea and vomiting may be the first manifestations of poisoning by sausages. In the vomit, you can see the remains of eaten, gastric juice, mucus, and bile. Vomiting brings temporary relief, but then the nausea returns.|
|Intoxication syndrome||Body temperature may rise to 38-39. 5 degrees. The patient developed severe General weakness, headache, apathy.|
|Bloating||When sausage poisoning, there is an increased discharge of gases, flatulence and intestinal colic. These symptoms become stronger with the development of pancreatitis or cholecystitis.|
|Dizziness||Vertigo develops on the background of severe dehydration and General weakness.|
|Tachycardia||Tachycardia is a rapid heartbeat. It is caused by disorders of fluid and electrolyte balance in the body. Heart rate exceeds 100 beats/min.|
|Respiratory failure||In severe intoxication the breathing becomes rapid, shallow and shortness of breath.|
Possible complications of poisoning sausage
Sausage poisoning can lead to serious disturbances in the internal organs of the cardiovascular system. The most common complications of poisoning sausages include:
- acute or chronic pancreatitis;
- disturbance of consciousness (coma).
The basics of first aid
What to do at home in case of poisoning by sausages? In the first place you should call an ambulance. When sausage poisoning may develop a number of complications, treatment should be by doctors.
Please note that self poisoning is very dangerous. Without the necessary medical knowledge and skills to make the correct diagnosis and prescribe the appropriate treatment can only a doctor after examination of the patient.
While waiting for doctors, you can begin to provide aid for poisoned person. Below are the main components.
- Gastric lavage is conducted to remove residue, toxins and pathogenic bacteria that do not have time to be absorbed into the blood stream. The patient should drink a liter of plain clear room temperature water and snatch it. It is best to repeat lavage several times.
- Cleansing enema at home is done on the basis of plain water at room temperature. It should be carried out before the advent of clean wash water.
- Sorbents – drugs that neutralize, bind and remove from the intestine of poor quality food, toxins and pathogens. Drugs: activated charcoal, sorbex, APSCO, white charcoal, smectite.
- Drinking plenty of fluids is necessary to replenish water losses. Before the arrival of doctors to drink an alkaline mineral water or table water.
Treatment in a hospital
Doctors from SMP, arrived on a call, examine the patient, collect medical history. Inform them the amount of help from you. Before hospitalization, they will provide first aid, which may consist of:
- connect droppers with solutionsto reduce intoxication and dehydration;
- the introduction of antiemetics, pain medications;
- connect patient to oxygen through the mask;
- gastric lavage through the probe.
Hospitalization is carried out in the infectious diseases Department where the patient passes the examination and receives follow-up treatment. To identify complications and an accurate diagnosis may be necessary instrumental and laboratory tests, such as:
- General complete blood count;
- biochemical analysis of blood;
- ultrasound examination of internal organs;
- stool cultures for the detection of pathogenic bacteria.
Remember, throw out the sausage, which poisoned man, not worth it. It may be necessary to make a diagnosis and identify the cause of the disease.
How to protect yourself from sausage poisoning?
Sausage poisoning can be avoided. To carry out its prevention is much easier than treatment. The following are recommendations that will help you avoid sausage poisoning.
- Buy sausages only in the official and certified supermarkets, markets. Beware of her natural markets, kiosks.
- Check the date of manufacture of sausages.
- Store the sausages in the fridge.
- Try to cook the meats yourself or buy store-bought sausage.
Sausage poisoning can be caused by a large number of reasons. Its treatment is performed in a hospital. When the first symptoms of the disease should call the ambulance and go to hospital. Before the arrival of doctors you can wash the affected the stomach and intestines, give it a sorbents, drink mineral alkaline water.