Cheese poisoning: symptoms and treatment
Cheese is a tasty and healthy dairy product that contains a lot of calcium and protein. These substances indispensable in the human body to build new cells. On the shelves of supermarkets and markets cheese products are available in a large assortment of free to buy even cheese, which has a lot of vitamins and minerals. Despite the General usefulness of molokoprodukt, it is possible to poison the cheese, if it is of poor quality.
Why are there cheese poisoning
Most often, cheese poisoning occur due to poisoning. These are called pathogenic microorganisms, which under certain conditions fall into the cheese. This may be in violation of the technology of cheese production, packaging or sales.
When the milk before the fermentation is not processed thermally, and the cow was infected with brucellosis, the disease is transmitted to humans who will consume this cheese in the food. Sometimes there are cases of poisoning and products that were made from pasteurized milk. The reason for this are the bacteria of listeriosis, which are sometimes present on food processing equipment. Improper production technology in pathogenic microbes penetrate into the cheese products, and actively proliferate.
Cheese you need to consume only small portions, it includes a natural antibiotic. When consuming large amount of possible health problems.
Signs of poisoning cheese
Toxic infection caused by ingestion of pathogenic microbes, occur very hard. Poisoning cheese provoke four groups of bacteria – salmonellosis, coli-infection, brucellosis, listeriosis. Symptoms of poisoning vary depending on what kind of microorganism caused the disease.
Infection can occur in just six hours after eating cheesecontaining coli Salmonella. The main symptoms are:
- unbearable, stabbing pain in the abdomen;
- painful diarrhea;
- lingering nausea and vomiting;
- heart palpitations;
- a persistent decrease of blood pressure;
- the increase in body temperature, accompanied by chills;
- weakness in muscles and joints;
- a marked increase in liver and spleen, as determined by palpation.
Salmonellosis, you should treat it immediately, otherwise quickly comes dehydration. The human condition will deteriorate further, adding a rash on the skin, ulcers and yellowing of the skin, indicating jaundice.
Human infection if the infection is possible with the consumption of cheese made from unprocessed milk. Most often this disease is diagnosed in children, the incubation period ranges from 6 hours to 6 days. E. coli (coli-infection) characterized by such symptoms:
- persistent loss of appetite;
- reduction of body weight in younger children;
- a few days after infection with a mild fever;
- appear retching;
- the patient suffers from severe diarrhea, liquid stool can be more than 10 times per day. Watery stool, with foam and blood.
If not help, then dehydrated. The skin loses its elasticity, your eyeballs sink, and in infants the large Fontanelle sinks.
Required to immediately call an ambulance if symptoms of poisoning are observed in a child, pregnant woman or elderly person!
This is a very dangerous disease, the symptoms do not manifest immediately, but only after a couple of weeks. When brucellosis abdominal pain may not be symptoms of the disease are as follows:
- deterioration in General health, followed by extreme weakness;
- periodic acute pain in the joints;
- the increase in temperature more than 38 degrees;
- severe sweating.
Sick people often mistake this disease for SARS and try to treat it with improvised means.
Brucellosis is an insidious disease, if time does not provide treatment, the disease takes a chronic form, which strongly affects the musculoskeletal system.
Listeria is very dangerous disease, especially for pregnant women and children. In pregnant women listeriosis bacteria cause pathological changes in the fetusthat lead to miscarriage or congenital diseases. The incubation period can last from one day to one month. The disease is accompanied by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
The risk of listeriosis is that it can escalate into meningitis or toxic shock.
Emergency aid in case of poisoning cheese
Emergency treatment of poisoning by cheese have the same as with any other food poisoning. At the initial signs of intoxication call an ambulance or take the victim to the nearest medical facility. After passing all the tests the doctor will prescribe the adequate treatment, which will include antibacterial products that are sensitive to one or another infection. Before arrival of doctors to the patient help, which consists of a series of procedures, as listed below:src="/poisoning/images/1036-5.jpg">
- Carefully wash out the stomach. For this purpose, a suitable solution of potassium permanganate, which is pre-filtered through several layers of cheesecloth. Give the victim to drink at least 3-4 cups of solution of potassium permanganate, and then press on the base of the tongue and cause vomiting. The procedure is repeated until the purity of the waste waters.
If gastric lavage began to run as soon as the first symptoms of poisoning, it is possible to achieve good results. If you perform a gastric lavage 4-5 times per hour, the toxins can not be absorbed into the bloodstream.
- Clean the intestines soda solution, one liter of room temperature water and take a teaspoon of baking soda. The intestine is washed several times until the waste water will not completely clean.
Gastric lavage and enema in case of poisoning must be carefully done to young children. These procedures will very quickly cause dehydration, and given the small weight of the child, can lead to irreversible consequences and even death.
- After the retching subsides, the patient is given adsorbents. For this approach even ordinary activated carbon, which is used in standard dosage – 1 tablet per 10 kg of body weight. Previously, the coal is pulverized and diluted in a small amount of water.
- Give the victim plenty of drinking pure water, decoctions of dried fruits or herbs. You can give water with honey or regidron – this contributes to the rapid restoration of electrolyte balance in the body.
The remains of the cheese, which caused the poisoning, or its packaging must be given to the doctor. This will help to identify the causative agent and properly treat the patient.
The recovery period after poisoning cheese
After the symptoms of poisoning weakened, doctors recommend to refrain from food during the day, and then eat only a light diet food. On the first day introduce app cookies and crackers, baked apples, ripe bananas. On the second day you can give the patient a viscous porridge on the water, with a small addition of salt – buckwheat, rice, oatmeal. Cereals preferably pre-grind and then cook. On the third day, you can give low-fat soups with chopped meat, mashed potatoes, and dairy products.
Further, the diet gradually return to normal, but a couple of weeks avoid eating greens, fried and canned products. Whole milk pre-diluted with water, and then boiled the porridge and soups. The diet need include bifidokefirthat well toned entire body and stabilizes the digestive tract.
In the recovery period shown taking drugs that contain bifidobacteria. They contribute to the population of the gastrointestinal tract with beneficial microorganisms.
Risk of poisoning cheese home-made
Now some people are trying to eat right and cook dairy products on their own. You can find a lot of ferments, which help to cook different cheeses. How useful this cheese and can they be poisoned?
At home you can prepare natural cheese without additives and preservatives. This product is natural and delicious, but the shelf life is much lower than that of cheese products in industrial production. Not to get cheese poisoning, it is enough to use clean dishes, wash hands before cooking and store the finished product in the refrigerator.
Prevention of poisoning cheese
To prevent poisoning cheese, is just to take care:
- You can not buy cheese, which is unusual. Fresh, quality product in the context of a brilliant, uniform, without any inclusions.
- You can't eat cheese products, which had expired.
- You can't eat a lot of cheese with mold – it could lead to poisoning.
- If cheese is cooked at home, you should carefully observe hygiene.
- You can't buy food and cheese in particular, in the non-trading areas.
Fresh cheese can diversify any table. This product is well suited to Breakfast or lunch, and will be a good evening snack. To avoid trouble with health, you should only buy high-quality cheese.