How many come the first signs of mushroom poisoning
Mushroom poisoning is very dangerous. By eating poisonous varieties of mushrooms, symptoms may appear immediately, and lead to a quick death. This article describes how many comes mushroom poisoning, its symptoms and signs.
Some mushrooms may be poisonous
From eaten a poisonous mushroom depends on how soon manifested the first symptoms and signs of poisoning. Usually they develop over 1 day. The poison can be as poisonous varieties of mushrooms and improperly prepared edible mushrooms, or collected in polluted areas.
The most dangerous poisonous mushrooms include:
- Pale toadstool. After entering the stomach, its toxins are absorbed instantly into the bloodstream and affect the liver. In its composition of pale toadstool has a threat of toxic substances – Fallon, amanitin, phalloidin. Pale toadstool can be randomly collected in August and early autumn in this period of time it Matures.
- Amanita (white, red, smelly) affect mainly the nervous system. Ripens from August to October. They are poisonous due to muscarine and known as hyoscyamine is the strongest poisons.
- Talkie Tina (whitish, reddish). Poisoning with this mushroom is like the intoxication caused by Amanita. In its composition it also contains muscarin. Govorushko adversely affect the operation of the Central and peripheral nervous system.
- Gall and satanic mushrooms in appearance very similar to the white mushroom. Because of this external similarity with the most popular edible fungus, poisoning by them are very common. These fungi occur throughout Russia. They affect the digestive system.
- Lines. Can lead to a quick death. Many people mistakenly consider them edible.
Also, the poison can be any mushroom canned food that is infected with botulism.
As quickly begin to show the first symptoms
How many hours have the first symptoms of mushroom poisoning depends on the type of mushroom and the amount ingested. The first signs of mushroom poisoning can develop after 20-30 minutes or a few hours.
The following discussion describes the time after which manifested mushroom poisoning, symptoms and mechanisms of mushroom poisoning.
Poisoning with edible mushrooms
Edible types of mushrooms can cause food poisoning in the following cases:
- If they were collected in polluted areas.
- If they are spoiled, and they wound pathogenic bacteria.
- If insufficient heat treatment of mushroom dishes.
What are the main signs of mushroom poisoning how long before they come? The symptoms of food poisoning with eating poor-quality edible mushrooms develop within the first day. Their rate of occurrence depends on the amount eaten.
The main symptoms include:
- Intoxication, in which the body temperature can rise to subfebrile (37,0-37,5). At poisoned man develops weakness, can be a headache.
- Nausea and vomiting. Vomit contains food residue, it can be bile and gastric juice. Vomiting can be repeated up to 10 times a day.
- Diarrhea may occur up to 10-15 times a day.
- Pain in the abdomen.
- Belching with a bitter taste.
This condition is dangerous to the development of dehydration due to profuse vomiting and diarrhea can occur a few hours after the first symptoms of poisoning. The main symptoms of dehydration:
- Sensation of dryness in the mouth.
- Reduced tone of the eyeballs and skin.
- The decrease in blood pressure.
- The decrease in amount of urine.
- In severe dehydration, impaired consciousness.
Getting into the stomach, toxins white toadstool absorbed into the blood. Once in the liver, they destroy the hepatocytes (liver cells) affect their structure. As a result, develops acute liver failure. In addition to liver damage, toxins pale toadstool have the following effects on the body:
- Affect the Central nervous system, destroying nerve cells and connections between them (synapses).
- Lead to hypoglycaemia – a sharp reduction blood sugar levels.
- Destroy the small blood vessels (capillaries) that provide blood supply of the intestine.
Please note that cracker like mushrooms , and russulas, and collecting mushrooms, it is possible to accidentally disrupt.
How many there are the first manifestations of intoxication, pale toadstool? In most cases, the first symptoms may appear after an hour. They become most pronounced after 6-8 hours.
In 60-70 % of cases, poisoning pale toadstool ends in death. Even when time begun medical care to save the patient fails.
The disease begins with the "classic" symptoms of poisoning: nausea and vomiting, diarrhea. The patient developed severe gastroenteritis. Then develops the following symptoms:
- Tachycardia – rapid heartbeat. The number of heart beats per minute may exceed 120-140.
- The increase in body temperature to 38.0-39.5 degrees. Hyperthermia develops due to the strongintoxication.
- Dizziness. This symptom is the first sign of damage to the Central nervous system.
- The diarrhoea becomes profuse, the stools may become dark.
- Develops myalgia – pain in skeletal muscles.
- Shortness of breath. The patient's breathing becomes frequent and superficial, further develop respiratory failure.
- Disturbance of consciousness. After a certain period of time (on average, 10-12 hours), the patient, on the background of intoxication and multiorgan failure, is loaded and falls into a coma. It can develop cramps in the entire body.
Death occurs within a short period, 1-2 days. Timely treatment can save the patient.
The mushrooms are very bright and pretty to look at. They can eat a small child, taking the sweetness or candy.
The first manifestation of poisoning with Amanita occurs within a very short period of time. During the first few hours after consumption of mushroom as food, there is a loss toxins the nervous and digestive systems. Develop the following symptoms:
- Severe pain in the abdomen. At first the patient may feel a burning sensation in the stomach, then the pain spread throughout the abdomen.
- Increased salivation and lacrimation caused by the influence of muscarine on the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system.
- Nausea, and copious vomiting, which brings relief. It is caused by lesions of the vomiting center in the brain.
- Profuse diarrhea. Kal liquid, it is possible to notice streaks of blood.
- In the beginning of the disease the patient is in the excited state, he is restless, overactive. But after a few hours, he becomes lethargic and indifferent to everything.
- Hypotension – decrease in blood pressure.
- Bradycardia – slow heartbeat.
- Disturbance of consciousness. The patient stops responding to questions, respond to touch, does not operate. He slowly loaded in a coma. It can develop cramps in the entire body to move involuntarily urine and feces.
- Respiratory arrest and clinical death develop due to depression of vital centers in the brain.
Remember that the mushrooms are dangerous and poisonous in any form. Preparation of folk medicines of them can lead to a quick death.
Talkie Tina, its composition is similar to Amanita. But the number and concentration of toxic substances in it ten times higher. If poison govorushka, the first symptoms may develop after a few minutes.
Have poisoned govorushka of a person developing the following symptoms:
- The patient begins to sweat, he begins to actively produce saliva and tears.
- Slowing of the heart rate, respiration, blood pressure lowering.
- Copious vomiting and diarrhoea, leading to rapid development of dehydration.
- Falling into a coma.
Satanic and gall mushrooms
These mushrooms are very similar to the white mushroom. A distinctive feature is the bright color feet and bitter taste. The first symptoms of poisoning develop after 2-3 hours and consist of:
- Copious vomiting.
- Severe pain in the abdomen.
- Increased gas formation.
- Disturbance of consciousness (stupor, coma).
Lines are very dangerous mushrooms. The toxins that are in them, can cause destruction of blood cells, liver and Central nervous system. The first symptoms do not occur immediately, but after 1-2 days, after eating.
Clinical signs of poisoning lines include:
- Yellowness of the mucous membranes and skin, weakness develop due to hemolysis (decay) of red blood cells. Red blood cells are the cells that transport oxygen to all organs and tissues of the body. When decay develops hemolytic anemia.
- Depression of the Central nervous system. The patient may develop headache, seizures. With severe lesions, there is loss of consciousness and falling into coma.
Many believe that the lines that with sufficient heat treatment, be safe. The toxins contained in these mushrooms, may be neutralized with prolonged cooking. But to risk your health not worth it, because to calculate the right cooking time is not always possible.
Poisoning with mushroom canned food
Botulism is one of the most serious foodborne infections. The bacteria that cause them, develop in the environment where there is no oxygen. Canned goods are the most favorable environment for the development of botulism. Canned mushroom are at risk of Contracting botulism.
Symptoms of botulism can appear in a few days. In severe cases, they develop several hours after eating contaminated food.
The typical symptoms for the first day of sickness:
- Pain in the abdomen.
- Nausea and vomiting.
On the second day the clinical picture is changing dramatically, and develops the following clinical manifestations:
- Flatulence in the colon.
- Blurred vision. The patient becomes hard to distinguishsmall objects and to read, he felt the fog and the haze before my eyes.
- Ptosis - drooping of the eyelids.
- Ceases to salivate.
- The face becomes like a mask – all his muscles paralyzed.
- People can't walk. All of his skeletal muscles weaken.
- Respiratory failure.
Diagnosis of mushroom poisoning
All poisoned mushrooms are hospitalized in the toxicology Department or in the intensive care unit. There they receive medical care. To establish an accurate diagnosis and identify complications of different systems and organs, the patient, simultaneously with treatment, a detailed examination of the body, which consists of the following methods:
- The General analysis of blood, which helps to identify anaemia, hemolysis.
- Urinalysis is done to detect kidney damage by fungal toxins.
- A blood test for toxins – it can detect some poisons.
- Biochemical analysis of blood is necessary to diagnose the functionality of the liver, pancreas and kidneys.
- Ultrasound examination of internal organs.
- Gastroscopy is indicated for the development of internal bleeding.
- Saturation levels are measured to determine the content of a red blood cell with oxygen. With this study, you can determine hypoxia and respiratory failure.
Also, the lab can send itself the mushroom dish, which ate poisoned people. And the laboratory identify the poison that caused the symptoms, then doctors, podberut him the antidote. So hurry to throw away the dish does not need, put it in the refrigerator separately from other products, and tell everyone at home about the dangers.
Who symptoms of mushroom poisoning develop faster
Some people have symptoms of mushroom poisoning can manifest much faster than others. These include:
- Children. The mucous membrane of the stomach in children receives the best blood supply, and toxins and poisons are absorbed faster.
- Pregnant women are more sensitive to poisoning. The use of poisonous mushrooms in most cases leads to death of the fetus.
- Elderly. From this population, the body is more weak, and can't resist caught in the toxins.
- People with chronic gastritis and peptic ulcer disease. Because of the damaged wall of the stomach, poisons are released into the bloodstream faster.
- People who had used mushrooms, along with alcoholic beverages. Some mushroom toxins aktiviziruyutsya only under the influence of alcohol.
Mushroom poisoning can manifest in a few minutes or days after eating. The speed depends on the type of mushroom, the amount eaten and the method of its preparation. You can get poisoned and edible mushrooms collected in polluted areas. During intoxication they the symptoms resemble food poisoning. Most mushrooms are dangerous for pregnant women, as their poisons cause destruction of the fetus. And remember, it is better to avoid mushroom poisoningthan to treat it.