Food poisoning nemikrobnoy origin
Food poisoning nemikrobnoy origin make up about 10% of all intoxicationsprovoked by food. They differ in the causes, clinical manifestations and components of treatment. In this article, we reviewed the etiology and symptoms of poisoning nemikrobnoy nature features first aid and treatment.
For what reasons can develop the disease
Nemikrobnoy develop food poisoning by eating dangerous and toxic of food poisons. They can develop in case of accidental ingestion of toxic products or by deliberate human poisoning. Some grocery poisons are deadly to humans, and 1-2 grams is sufficient for the development of lethal outcome.
Below are a list of products that could cause acute poisoning nemikrobnoy nature:
- Poisonous mushrooms (Amanita, false mushrooms, pale toadstool, etc.) cause acute poisoning threat. Most of the poisons contained in these mushrooms not dying during their heat treatment. Some dangerous poisonous varieties in appearance similar to edible, and inexperienced mushroom pickers could get them mixed up.
- Poisonous fish (fugu, barbel, Blowfish). Only experienced chefs know how to carve a fish to the poison contained in the eggs were not meat.
- The kernel of the fruit with the pit (cherries, peaches, apricots, cherries, plums). They contain a toxic substance amygdalin.
- Raw beans contains in its composition a deadly poison fasin. During prolonged heat treatment, boiling, it is destroyed.
- Green and sprouted potatoes are toxic to humans. It produces a potent poison solanine.
- All fruits and vegetables treated with pesticides and nitrates. Unscrupulous manufacturers and farmers are using dangerous fertilizers and chemicals to increase profits. They treat the plants the strongest poisons for protection from pests and diseases and to accelerate growth. After spraying with chemicals can be eaten only after a certain time prescribed in the instructions. Manufacturers rarely adhere to such recommendations and safety rules. For this reason, developing poisoning tomatoes, early watermelons, strawberries, cucumbers.
- Products processed with antibiotics, hormones. These substances can occur in meat products, they are added to improve animal growth and set to accelerate their muscle mass. Antibiotics can be added even to still store water to extend its shelf life.
- Dyes, preservatives are included in many of the canned, store-bought sweets, juices, soft drinks, convenience foods. They make the food taste more intense and prolong its shelf life. These chemicals in large amounts can cause acute poisoning. Prolonged and systematic eating may occur the development of malignant tumors.
Features of clinical manifestations
The severity of symptoms of poisoning depend on the type of product that had poisoned people. The first clinical signs can appear a few minutes after eating.
In the table below we have considered the symptoms characteristic of various types of food poisoning nemikrobnoy origin.
|Product name||The clinical picture of poisoning|
|Poisonous mushrooms||The symptoms of mushroom poisoning are very diverse. Develops the nervous system, digestive tract and internal organs. The following are the symptoms:
|Green potatoes, kernels of fruit, raw beans.||
|Puffer fish (tetrodotoxin)||
Please note that all of these href="/vidy/pishhevye/vidy-otravlenij-i-ih-klassifikatsiya.html">types of poisonings are very dangerous for human life. The lethal outcome can come promptly.
The effects of food poisoning nemikrobnoy
Toxins and poisons trapped in the body along with food products lead to the defeat of many internal organs. Especially strongly affects the nervous system, kidneys, liver and pancreas.
Possible consequences and complications of acute poisoning include the following:
- Acute dehydration, toxic shock develops on the background of the expressed intoxication syndrome and fluid loss due to vomiting and diarrhea. A person develops tachycardia, falling blood pressure, General weakness appears. The skin becomes pale and flabby. At low blood concentration of potassium develop seizures, cardiac arrhythmias.
- Acute renal failure is typical of poisoning with poisonous mushrooms and nitrates. Manifested by anuria (absence of urine), lower back pain, swelling and yellow skin. Treated condition in intensive care with the use of hemodialysis.
- Acute liver failure manifested by jaundice, General intoxication, pain in the right hypochondrium.
- Acute pancreatitis refers to surgical pathology. The person has a girdle unbearable pain in the abdomen, diarrhea, vomiting, hyperthermia, purple spots on the skin near the navel.
- Gastrointestinal bleeding can occur due to poisoning by nitrates, pesticides or be provoked profuse vomiting. Manifested vomiting dark color, melanau (black liquid stools), tachycardia, hypotension and skin pallor.
First aid for acute food poisoning nemikrobnoy
Food poisoning requires immediate assistance regardless of etiology and causes of development. Toxins nemikrobnoy origin act on the body very quickly.
Remember that to treat food poisoning is very dangerous. Having no medical knowledge, it is impossible to adequately assess the patient's condition and give him the right treatment.
At the first symptoms you need to call the ambulance even if the patient believes that the doctor and he can cope with poisoning yourself.
While waiting for the SMP teams try to start their own to help poisoned. To cure it you can not, and that's to improve you. Below we have reviewed the basic steps that you can help the patient at the stage of first aid.
The cleansing of the stomach
Gastric lavage is a procedure that saves hundreds of thousands of people around the world. To hold it you can and home.
In order to withdraw from the digestive cavity remains poisonous food, gulp need to drink a lot of plain water (500-1000 ml). Then to provoke vomiting (pressing the fingers on the tongue) and pull the drunk.
Contraindications to the procedure:
- the disturbed consciousness of the patient, the inability to swallow.
- the appearance of vomiting black.
Please note that modern medical protocols and first aid do not contain a solution of potassium permanganate. This substance is not recommended for gastric lavage. It can cause burns of the esophagus and worsen the condition of the victim.
Enema is done by using the special pear. The tip should be lubricated with vaseline or baby cream. For intestinal lavage at home take simple boiled water is neutral at room temperature.
Criterion for effective cleansing of the bowel is the appearance of clean wash water. To achieve this effect is repeated several times in a row.
Drugs from the group of sorbents
These medications should be in every home. They are shown in any food poisoning. Dosage, you can read the instructions to him.
You can apply any of the representatives of this drug group, for example:
- activated carbon;
- white coal;
Drink plenty of liquids
The liquid will help the toxins more quickly out of the body and reduce the level of dehydration. You can drink:
- drinking water;
- sweet tea;
- mineral water without gases.
Actions in case of seizures
Convulsions may develop in acute Central nervous system poisons of fungi, pesticides, nitrates. The attack is reminiscent of an epileptic seizure. Your task – to try to hold the patient's head, that he is not broke.
Remember that during an attack of cramps nothing to poke the man's mouth. He can break his teeth or bite off your finger.
What to do with the development of loss of consciousness
If the person lost consciousness, it needs to be put on a flat surface and turn his head to one side. Watch his pulse and breathing. When they stop spending indirect compressions.
Medical care and treatment
First aid to the poisoned person is doctors SMP, arrived on call. They conduct a rapid assessment of the severity of the patient and stabilize his breathing andheart activity with the help of medication. Also the patient emitter connected with solutions, the purpose of which is to reduce dehydration and intoxication.
Hospitalization can be carried out at the Department of toxicology or intensive care. For the period determine the cause of poisoning, the patient may be infectious hospital.
Treatment of poisoning is directed on elimination of toxins, elimination complications, the regulation of internal organs and the cardiovascular system. In severe intoxication is hemodialysis.
Prognosis depends largely on timely access to medical care. At the time begun treatment in most cases doctors can save people.
Food poisoning nemikrobnoy etiology is triggered by the poisonous types of mushrooms, fish, some plants, pesticides, nitrates. This pathological condition leads to a rapid disturbance of health of the patient and may cause death. When the first symptoms of poisoning need to call an ambulance. The treatment is performed in a hospital. Heavy patients are hospitalized in the intensive care unit. If timely started therapy, the prognosis is favorable.