"Akvadetrim": overdose in children and infants
"Ease of use" is a water solution vitamin D3, thus compensating for the deficiency of this vitamin in the body. It is administered to all children, starting from 4 weeks of age. It promotes bone mineralization, provides the functionality of the parathyroid glands. Forms a babies skeleton and teeth. Overdose "Aquadetrim" is light and heavy, can take place without consequences and seriously affect the functionality of the internal organs.
Vitamin D is synthesized in human skin when exposed to sunlight. He also enters the body with food. Its main function is the absorption of phosphorus and calcium in the intestine. Extra features:
- regulates the multiplication of cells;
- stimulates the synthesis of hormones;
- involved in metabolic processes.
The daily requirement for vitamin is 600 IU or 15 mcg.
In some cases, appoint a "Akvadetrim"
"Ease of use" is prescribed for treatment and prevention in children these conditions:
- rickets is a disease associated with the formation of bones and a violation of their mineralization. The result is bones become soft, flexible, and the skeleton is deformed;
- disease rickets – congenital hypophosphatasia, hypophosphatemic rickets, renal tubular acidosis, congenital vitamin-D resistant rickets;
- a lack of vitamin D, which manifests as a slowing in development, peeling skin, hair loss;
- osteomalacia – a disease in which increased bone volume, but this reduces its mineral composition;
- gipocalziemicescoe Titania is an acute disease which is manifested by convulsions. Reason – violation of calcium metabolism;
- metabolic osteopathy: hypoparathyroidism insufficient production of hormones, leading to disturbances in calcium and phosphorus persistence in the body, psevdogipoparatireoz – hereditary pathology characterized by mental and physical retardation due to violations of the calcium-phosphorus metabolism.
Adults the drug is "ease of use" is prescribed for such diseases:
- osteoporosis is a chronic disease of the skeleton which reduces bone density. As a result, they become fragile and brittle;
- type II diabetes, which is always accompanied by the development of osteoporosis;
- hypertension, dysfunction of the cardiovascular system. Lack of the vitamin causes the formation of blood clots;
- Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis. Vitamin a deficiency contributes to the progressive deterioration of memory;
- ovarian cancer and breast cancer. The drug reduces the risk of cancer processes 50 times;
- depression. Lack of the vitamin leads to an increase in melatonin – the "hormone of darkness", why do people become depressed, depressed state.
Overdose of the drug "Akvadetrim"
One drop of the medicine contains 500 IU. The daily dose in infants is 1-2 drops (1000 IU). For premature infants it can be increased to 1500 IU.
Overdose "Aquadetrim" may occur in violation of the regimen of treatment prescribed by the doctor, a disregard for accurate dosing. Poisoning stuff happens in the treatment of rickets, when assigned to high-dose of the drug. The number of prescribed medicines need to be adjusted based on biochemical indices of blood and urine.
A slight overdose
Excess doses may cause your child to deterioration of General condition, which is manifested by the following symptoms:
- the refusal of the breast, meal;
- bad sleep, frequent crying;
- muscle weakness;
- constipation, bloating;
- a slight increase in body temperature.
What to do if your child has any symptoms? You should immediately stop taking the drug. Mild poisoning "Aquadetrim" do not require medical correction and passing on their own within 1-2 days.
Acute poisoning drug
Severe side effects are rare. They are associated with hypersensitivity of the child to "Aquadetrim" or a sharp increase in the received dose.
- Nervous system – emotional instability, anxiety, irritability, mood swings, confusion, migraine, depression.
- Digestive system – vomiting, diarrhea, loss of body weight, dry mouth, uncontrollable thirst, severe depletion.
- Cardiovascular system – violations of heart rhythms, increase in heart rate, slight increase in blood pressure.
- Urinary system – the reduction of daily diuresis, frequent urination, kidney inflammation, the formation of sand in the urinary tract.
- Musculoskeletal – muscle weakness, pain in muscles, joints.
Chronic exposure to high doses, the body develops bone loss. Calcium is not deposited in bones and soft tissues of the kidneys, heart, lungs, vessels, intestine. Such redistribution has seriously violated the internal organs and systems, may even lead to death.
Aquadetrim is not prescribed to pregnant women in large doses. It violates the intrauterine development of the child: there is increased sensitivity tovitamin, inhibited the activity of the parathyroid gland. The fetus develops the syndrome of elf-like appearance. There is a delay of mental development. To such conditions results in dose over 500 IU.
Treatment of acute overdose
Adults with severe symptoms of poisoning and treatment of overdose are in the hospital.
First aid – corticosteroid treatment. Hormone therapy aimed at the restoration of all metabolic processes in the body. Acts on the heart, improving its performance, normalizes blood pressure. Corticosteroids stimulate the formation of red blood cells. Anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic effect by stabilizing cell membranes.
Drugs magnesium and potassium compensate the lack of these micronutrients. Normalize heart rate and unstable blood pressure. Regulate metabolic processes in the myocardium. Provide the elasticity of blood vessels. Restore metabolic processes in cardiomyocytes (muscle cells of the heart).
Retinol (vitamin A) affects the functioning of internal glands, increases the body's resistance under pathological conditions. Normalizes metabolism. In children the normal growth and development.
Thiamine (vitamin b1) – regulates protein, carbohydrate and fat metabolism. Is the main vitamin for the recovery of the nervous system. Protects cells from the toxic effects of various substances.
Ascorbic acid – produces collagen that strengthens bones, teeth. Vitamin capable of neutralizing toxic substances. Actively participates in metabolic processes. The drug is often used in the treatment of poisoning of the organism.
Helping an infant with a slight overdose "Aquadetrim" at home:
- to ensure your child's absolute peace;
- to drink plenty of fluids (if possible);
- the first day is to drastically reduce food – low foods, breast milk can be given in unlimited quantities, if the child refuses breast;
- to increase the duration of walks in the fresh air (to focus on the weather);
- with increasing temperature the child give an antipyretic;
- with increased flatulence and colic can be given dill water or a natural product based on fennel – "Plantex".
The first 24 hours after the overdose "Aquadetrim" cannot be used in babies cure bloating chemical based – "Espumizan", "Simica", "cough syrup", "Displacer". The interaction of chemical compounds with vitamin D in the body can be unpredictable, such as increased symptoms of overdose, deterioration of the General condition.
"Ease of use" is a required drug, which is prescribed by pediatricians to their patients. It is necessary for the proper growth and development of the child. To avoid overdose, it is sufficient to comply with the prescribed dosage.