Phenibut and alcohol: the compatibility, consequences of the use
The drug phenibut (noofen) belongs to the group nootropics and has tranquilizer properties. It is used in the treatment of many conditions and diseases. Generally this drug is well tolerated by patients. In this article, we examined how the interaction between phenibut and alcohol, is it possible to combine them, what could be the consequences of their simultaneous use.
The description of the drug
The drug phenibut valued in medicine due to its therapeutic action. It relieves anxiety, soothes and improves sleep and is a mild tranquilizer. This drug is available in tablet form and is also known under the trade name "Antibiotic".
Remember that self-administration of phenibut can be dangerous for the body. Use this medication only after consultation with your doctor, who will determine necessary patient the dosage, frequency of taking and duration of treatment.
Indications for the intake of phenibut:
- disorders sleep quality, insomnia;
- Meniere's disease;
- to prevent the development of motion sickness while travelling in vehicles;
- alarming and asthenic conditions;
- the feeling of fear, anxiety and worry;
- the need for reassurance of the patient before performing certain invasive surgical and medical interventions;
- the development of a nervous TIC and stuttering in children.
- dizziness caused by pathology of the vestibular apparatus.
- pregnancy and feeding the child breast milk;
- individual intolerance of the medication are allergic to it;
- acute or chronic renal failure.
Drug interaction with alcoholic beverages
Many are interested in the question of whether to drink alcohol during treatment with phenibut? To take phenibut with alcohol is strictly contraindicated, even with soft drinks, beer and cider. Alcohol, when consumed, has a direct effect on the Central nervous system. In large doses, alcohol depresses her work. A similar effect has the drug phenibut.
Earlier drug phenibut is widely used in the drinking bouts. Nowadays, it is used in this pathology rarely, and only in case of emergency. It is given to patients who have developed delirium tremens.
But when alcohol phenibut helps the person cope with the depression and craving for alcohol. The drug regulates sleep, eliminates anxiety, depression. But to begin to accept only after complete removal of alcohol from the body, detoxification.
Please note that it is not advisable to take phenibut after alcohol. In this situation this medication can be prescribed by doctors only for the relief of aggressiveness and inappropriate behavior of the drunk man.
What happens when you combine the drug with alcohol
Considering the compatibility phenibut and alcohol, consider possible consequences for the organism. So, when taking this drug together with alcohol occur following pathological changes:
- Reduced tactile sensitivity and coordination of movements. People can be injured and not feel it. This condition is very dangerous, as unnoticed damage may be accompanied by massive bleeding or damage to vital structures in the body.
- Infringement of adequate perception of their condition, time and place. People like lost. It can be dangerous not only for themselves but also for the people around him.
- Disrupted Central nervous system. Man is not just falls asleep and falls into a coma.
- Develops acute poisoning phenibut, because alcohol enhances its effect on the body. During this process it can damage the cardiovascular system and kidneys.
The symptoms of poisoning phenibut on the background of alcohol
Poisoning phenibut on the background of alcoholic intoxication is acute. The severity of this condition depends not only on the number of drugs and amount of alcohol drunk. Such intoxication was caused not only by drug, but alcohol. As these two substances work synergistically with each other.
The clinical picture of poisoning:
- Nausea and vomiting. These symptoms may develop on the background of acute alcohol poisoning. If the person drank a large number of phenibut, they may be missing because of the oppression of the Central nervous system. Vomiting poses an immediate danger to the life of the poisoned person, because it can occur on the background of a disturbed mind. The patient simply chokes on vomit and dies as a result of aspiration into the respiratory tract and suffocation.
- A sharp drop in blood pressure to critical values.
- Slowing of the heart rate (bradycardia).
- Disturbance of consciousness. This could be deep sleep, soporose or coma. Also may develop seizures (as in epilepsy). In this state may self-discharge of feces and urine.
What to do with this poisoning
Patients with acute poisoning phenibut andalcohol need skilled medical care. With the appearance of their first symptoms of acute intoxication listed above, you should immediately call the ambulance. If a sick person is aggressive, you need to specify this when you call.
Waiting for the arrival of the medical team, you need to begin to help the poisoned person from such emergency care may depend a man's life.
If the patient is conscious, first aid consists of the following:
- Give the man to drink several glasses of plain water, preferably at room temperature. Then, you must provoke an attack of vomiting. This can be done by pushing the tongue root with a finger. To carry out this procedure is possible only in a sitting position and provided intact consciousness and appropriate behavior. It is very important that the person choked on their own vomit. If the patient falls asleep and sluggishly responds to your questions, wait for doctors, they spend a gastric lavage through the probe.
- If you have a drugs from the group of absorbents, give them to drink to the victim. It can be activated carbon, smectite, sorbex, etc. Make them have seated, drink plain water.
In the case of a broken condition should:
- To put the intoxicated person on a level and solid surface, preferably on the side. If you are physically unable to flip it from back to side, then at least turn your head to the side. In this position reduces the risk of choking from vomit or sunken language.
- With the development of seizures, try to hold the patient, so he doesn't hurt himself and broke his head. In any case there is nothing to poke him in the mouth. Do not worry that he will bite the tongue, this rarely happens. People during the attack more likely to suffer from "bear" help people who are try to poke them in the mouth: they have broken teeth, dislocated jaw.
- Also you need to check for breathing and heartbeat of the victim. When their absence should be chest compressions.
Further treatment is carried out by the medical team of the ambulance and the doctors at the hospital where the victim will be delivered. Be sure to inform the doctor that the patient had used and in what quantities, and also tell us about the amount of help from you. If you know what is he allergic or what it hurts (e.g., diabetes), tell the doctors.
Phenibut is absolutely impossible to combine with alcohol. This can lead to acute intoxication and trauma person. In the case of poisoning should call an ambulance. To take the drug phenibut is possible only after the appointment of his doctor. Uncontrolled reception of this drug threat. Do not self-medicate and appreciate your health!