Body detox from alcohol
Excessive consumption of alcohol leads to problems with functioning of systems and organs. First and foremost, suffer from liver, which is responsible for the excretion of waste products of ethanol. At high loads associated with excessive hobby of alcohol, its cells begin to break down. To avoid this, are detoxing from alcohol, that can eliminate the damage caused by toxins.
Detoxification: the concept and purpose of process
Detoxification is a complex of measures aimed at cleansing the body after its intoxication with toxins. It can be done with the help of artificial methods in conditions of a hospital or natural, carried out independently, in the case of the permissibility of this option.
Body detox from alcohol is aimed at removing the components of alcohol, the restoration of normal functioning of the organs and avoidance of withdrawal syndrome.
The main goals of the detoxification procedure:
- purification of toxins;
- the restoration of the proper functioning of the internal organs and systems;
- restore low immunity;
- normalization of metabolism;
- the restoration of the normal functioning of the nervous system.
Methods of detoxification
Methods of purification of toxins vary depending on the type of poisoning. When alcohol detoxification used the following methods:
- Medication. These activities are aimed at sequestration and excretion of toxins and their degradation products. To do this, use the absorption of various fluids and medications to facilitate withdrawal of the poison, vitamins, sedatives, substances that protect the cardiovascular system and the liver.
- Drug-free. Include procedures such as hemodialysis, plasmapheresis, hemosorption. Such events accelerate the process of detoxification and facilitates the course of the withdrawal syndrome associated with cessation of alcohol consumption.
- Combined. Combine the use of absorption of drugs and methods of relief unhealthy craving for alcohol. Simultaneously given oral restorative means to restore the proper functioning of the nervous and cardiovascular systems, normalization of sleep.
Degree of alcohol poisoning
To determine how detoxification is important to ascertain the degree of alcohol poisoning. Severity distinguish 3 types of intoxication:
- Mild is characterized by such manifestations as loss of coordination, redness of the face, rapid breathing and pulse, excessive salivation.
- Intoxication average degree is accompanied by blurred speech, severe lack of coordination of movements, disorientation in space and time, paleness of the face, the appearance of nausea and vomiting.
- Severe intoxication is accompanied by absence of reaction to external stimuli, disorder of consciousness, respiratory failure. In some cases, perhaps the confluence of a man in an alcoholic coma.
Providing non-medical assistance is permissible only in case of poisoning mild. Alternatively, require immediate treatment in a medical facility.
First aid for alcohol intoxication
First aid to a person with alcohol intoxication consists of three consecutive stages:
- Acceleration of alcohol elimination from the body. For this it is necessary to perform gastric lavage. This is done as follows: the person needs to drink about a liter of boiled water or a weak solution of potassium permanganate, and then induce vomiting by pressing a finger on the root of the tongue. The procedure is repeated several times until, until the vomited material will not gain clarity and lose the smell of ethanol.
During the procedure, gastric lavage should ensure that the person was in an upright position to prevent aspiration of vomit into the respiratory tract.
- Prevention continue suction of toxins. This goal was adopted by any adsorbent for binding of decomposition products of ethanol and reduce the probability of its penetration into the bloodstream through the mucous membranes of the stomach or intestines. As the adsorbing agent can be use activated charcoal or smectite enterosgel.
- Restoration of metabolism and water-salt balance. The patient should drink a glass of lightly salted water every half hour.
In case of serious poisoning further assistance for the removal of toxic substances from the body can only be provided in a medical facility.
Detoxification in a medical facility
The choice of treatment in the medical facility based on the examination of the patient by the doctor-narcologist and defining the General state of his health. Procedures and used in the treatment medicines aimed at the elimination of acetaldehyde, formed as a result of the interaction of alcohol and liver enzymes.
Alcohol detoxification in a medical facility includes the following procedures:
- Reception adsorbents. Doctor gets drug, is safe for a sick person, but is able in a shorttime to introduce the acetaldehyde from his body.
- A kidney dialysis. Extrarenal blood purification is necessary in the case when the internal organs can not cope with their duties at the conclusion of toxins.
- Introduction salt complexes. Thanks to an intravenous drip introduction of a special salt solution, the normalization vodno-elektrolitnogo balance.
- Reception of antihypoxic drugs that reduce oxygen deficiency in the body and saturating the cells with oxygen.
- Taking vitamin complexes. Long-term use of alcohol leads to a decrease in the number of useful elements necessary for the proper functioning of organs and systems. Taking vitamins helps to reduce craving for alcohol and reduce the symptoms of withdrawal syndrome.
- The adoption of sedatives. Use this procedure to restore the functioning of the nervous system and to mitigate the effects of the syndrome.
- The medication to protect the liver – hepatic. One of the consequences of the detoxification process – the destruction of liver cells and cirrhosis, so the process of alcohol elimination should be accompanied by the administration of drugs to maintain the body.
In addition to the described procedures can be carried out specialized activities aimed at the elimination of possible complications process. The combination of complex of drug and non-drug treatments contributes to the rapid elimination of toxins and the elimination of withdrawal syndrome.
Detox at home
With a slight intoxication of the action on cleansing the body you can clean. In addition to the review of the procedures for first aid, a complex detoxification from alcohol include the following:
- Drink plenty of liquids. In the period of poisoning is dehydration, so you need to drink plenty of liquid: non-carbonated water, weakly brewed tea.
- Welcome fresh juices and citrus juices. Juices with vitamin C content contribute to the restoration of metabolism.
- The use of milk with honey. These components help cleanse the blood of toxins and support the functioning of the liver and kidneys.
- Supplementing the diet with a parsley leaf. The plant is rich in active ingredients that promote the breakdown of toxins and their removal from the body. However, people with abnormalities of the cardiovascular system should not be abused the greens.
- Administration of decoctions of herbs. The rapid removal of toxins contribute to infusions of sage, chamomile, Hypericum, rosehip syrup.
Traditional methods of detoxification is applicable only in the case of a minor drinking alcohol. In severe poisoning, you must contact a medical institution in order to avoid causing more damage.
Features of detoxification in the case of alcoholism
Body detoxification in alcoholism depends on the phase of the process:
- Alcoholism in the acute stage does not differ from the acute effects in case of a single intake of a large dose of alcohol. Measures for detoxification should be directed to the excretion of breakdown products of alcohol. It is understood that the internal organs of the patient may have pathology of the functioning in connection with the regular intake of alcohol. Therefore, to determine the possible presence of renal insufficiency should pay attention to the amount of urine. If its a small amount or absence for 3-4 hours should seek professional medical help.
- Detoxification in alcoholism in the chronic phase of the flow aimed at maintaining the functioning of the kidneys and liver and must be performed at the medical facility. In this case, the elimination from the body decay products of ethanol becomes a secondary task.
Intoxication with alcohol substitutes
For people with alcohol dependence often does not matter the quality of the consumed drinks. In the pursuit of alcohol with the lowest prices they are able to use various fakes. In medical practice, there are poisoning atenololonline the following means:
- Cologne or lotion;
- non-food ethyl alcohol;
- technical liquids containing ethyl alcohol;
- the methylene;
- ethylene glycol.
The intake of these substances can cause the human body irreparable damage, including toxic damage to the nervous system, convulsive status, renal-hepatic failure.
If you suspect poisoning of a human by any surrogate alcohol, you should immediately call an ambulance. Measures of self-detoxification in this case is not acceptable.
Any alcoholic intoxication requires measures to restore the full functioning of his systems and organs. With minor alcohol poisoning sufficient measures to reduce and prevent the spread of ethanol in the body, which can be done at home. Intoxication moderate and severe requires the use of certain medications, and in some cases hospitalization. To self-medicate in this case, dangerous to life and health.