Eutirox and alcohol: compatibility and interoperability
Some pathology of the glands of internal secretion require lifelong hormonal therapy, so the question is, is it possible to combine eutirox and alcohol, for many people becomes relevant. To answer this question, you should carefully examine the annotation to the drug.
The description of the drug
Eutirox thyroid belongs to the group of medicines active component of which is levothyroxine. The drug is a complete analogue of thyroid hormone thyroxine. His presence in the body is vital for normal functioning of the hormonal system. This substance affects the process of metabolism of proteins and fats in the human body and plays a significant role in the formation of cells. Many patients use these medications your whole life.
The drug is produced in the form of white tablets of various dosages. Indications for the appointment are:
- the lack of thyroid hormones;
- euthyroid goiter;
- cancer tumors on the thyroid gland;
- autoimmune thyroiditis;
- surgery on the endocrine glands;
- diffuse toxic goiter;
- prevention of exacerbations with complete or partial removal of the prostate gland.
In addition, the tool used as a diagnostic method for the detection of thyroid suppression.
The use of eutiroks are most often in the morning on an empty stomach. The dosage and treatment regimen determined by the treating physician, taking into account of the disease and age characteristics.
Limitations to the use of eutiroks are:
- hypersensitivity to ingredients;
- pathology of heart and vessels;
- high blood pressure;
- uncompensated thyrotoxicosis;
- the disadvantage of the pituitary gland;
- malfunction of the adrenal glands.
The drug is not compatible with thyreostatics. During pregnancy and lactation, the tool is allowed to use, increase the dose slightly to avoid the probability of miscarriage and congenital malformations in the unborn child.
Side effects and overdose
When the prescribed dose is usually the facility does not cause adverse effects. However, sometimes you may experience the following condition:
- Allergy symptoms;
- poor appetite;
- soreness in the chest;
- increased heart rate;
- febrile syndrome;
- pain symptoms in the head;
- trembling of the limbs;
- spasmodic symptoms in the muscles of the legs;
- excessive sweating;
- anxiety, aggression;
- sleep disturbance;
- nausea, gag reflex;
- weight reduction and so on.
Overdose remedy may provoke thyrotoxicosis, accompanied by the following conditions:
- violation of the cardiovascular system;
- convulsive syndrome;
- reduction of body weight;
- violation of the menstrual cycle.
It is therefore necessary to follow dosage appointed expert. The drug has no effect on the concentration of the patient, therefore during treatment it is prohibited to drive vehicles and work with complex mechanisms.
Eutirox with alcohol
Instruction manual does not indicate whether you can drink alcohol and eutirox at the same time. To prevent possible negative effects, you must still refrain from combining the two substances and observe a small interval between doses.
Eutirox – artificial thyroid hormone that is most often used for a long time. The tool normalizes the glands of internal secretion, which helps to lead an active lifestyle without any particular limitation.
That is why the combination drugs with booze can lead to the same consequences as in healthy people. However, this does not mean that alcohol should be consumed in excessive doses.
Many experts conclude that significant negative effects in compatibility eutirox with alcohol does not occur. However, to avoid possible side effects, you should use them at different times.
When drinking alcohol people suffering from diseases of the endocrine system, it is necessary to observe moderation. Alcohol can cause destruction of internal organs, negatively affect cardiac system, the liver, and in the presence of chronic disease alcohol withdrawal syndrome can be particularly acute.
In addition, alcoholic beverages have the capacity to reduce the therapeutic effect of drugs. This may affect the efficiency of eutiroks that will lead to the immediate deterioration of health of the patient.
Also tablets can cause allergic reactions and uncontrolled consumption of alcohol contributes to negative consequences.
Under the influence of alcoholic poisons increases the load on the liver, which, except for ethanol, is forced to recycle the medicinal substance. Therefore, combining the medication with alcohol is undesirable, especially if alcoholdrank systematically and in large doses.
How to take
The pills alkogolesoderzhaschie beverages is prohibited. Eutirox take 5 hours before the planned feast. This will help to avoid disruption of the thyroid gland and reduce the risk of increased stress on the liver.
After the party, you should not immediately use the tool, you have to wait a while until the ethanol is not removed from the body. The duration of excretion of 50 g of ethyl alcohol is 2-3 hours, but it all depends on the alcohol, and individual to individual.
In the period of adaptation of the patient to eutiroks the use of alcohol should be deferred until the body gets used to the medicine
Patients receiving synthetic hormones, you should understand the danger of mixing any medication with drinking: alcohol, even in healthy people can cause the malfunction of internal organs. To maintain the normal functioning of the thyroid gland it is necessary to create favorable conditions and to avoid possible risks.
Regular consumption of alcohol can lead to frequent alcohol withdrawal syndromes and the weakening of drug effects tools.
- If the pill is missed, and in the evening, planned a party, you should cancel the event and take the missed dose of the drug.
- Usually the medicine is administered in the morning, so evening meal will not break the effectiveness of the drug: the break between the alcohol and the medication must be at least 5 hours.
- Eutirox – agent appointed by the attending physician. The need for its repeal should be determined only specialist. So if you plan the meal, to stop the treatment means is not recommended.
Frequent alcohol consumption leads to the development of alcohol withdrawal syndrome, which involves refraining from the use of eutiroks. Discontinuation of treatment in diseases of the thyroid gland can result in a deterioration of health, which is why the person who takes hormone therapy should be excluded systematic drinking of alcoholic drinks from your lifestyle.
The person who have no other health problems, one-time use of small doses of alcohol together with eutirox will not cause dangerous complications. However, before hiring it is best to consult with your doctor:
- In chronic pathologies of the heart and blood vessels combining alcohol with thyroxine can lead to disruption in the functioning of the heart muscle.
- Liver disease possible symptoms of overdosage: in this patient may experience nervousness, irritability, insomnia, heart palpitations and other symptoms.
- In addition, on the background of alcohol and during the hangover may decrease the effectiveness of means that often leads to the progression of hypothyroidism and other diseases that the medication is taken.
Thyroid disease can appear at any age. Lifetime use of hormones should not affect a patient's quality of life. Eutirox prescribed to ease symptoms, allowing the patient to a normal lifestyle without any restrictions. Man, health-conscious, you need to remember that alcohol even in healthy people can cause irreversible changes in the internal organs, so to get involved in alcoholic drinks is not sick nor healthy people.