Antibiotic and alcohol: compatibility and reviews
Adaptol is a popular anxioliticeski drug with sedative and anticonvulsant properties. As a rule, it is assigned to the patient for a long period, at least 2-3 weeks. So many people worry about the combination of adaptol and alcohol, the compatibility of the drug with alcohol. That's the question we answered in this article considered the implications of concurrent use of alcohol with adaptol.
The description of the drug
Adaptol (mebicar) is available in the tablet form. It has a tranquilizing effect and applies to anxiolytic drugs. The drug does not cause psychological and physical dependence.
Adaptol has the following effects on the body:
- takes away the feeling of fear, anxiety and worry;
- relieves emotional stress and excessive irritability;
- has an antioxidant and protective effect on the nervous system.
At the same time, antibiotic is not a sleep aid or slow down the effect. It does not reduce mental activity and human performance. During his admission, one does not need to stop working, you can get behind the wheel.
Remember that the decision to start treatment with adaptol person should be the attending doctor. The doctor will determine the dosage and duration of treatment agree with the patient, what you can do, and what not during this therapy. Self-treatment with adaptol is possible to harm your health.
Adaptol has the following indications:
- Neurosis, anxiety, and fear.
- Emotional lability.
- Treatment side effects caused by taking drugs from the group of neuroleptics.
- The sensation of pain in the region of the heart, provoked by nervous stress and stress.
- Treatment of cigarette addiction.
- Elimination prosapogenin States with premenstrual syndrome or in the case of menopause (menopause).
Adaptol well tolerated by patients, this information is confirmed not only clinical research, but also a lot of positive feedback about the drug.
Adaptol has almost no contraindications. It can not be used if you have individual intolerance or Allergy to it. Also, it is prohibited for use pregnant women and women raising children in breast milk.
Is it possible to combine antibiotic with alcohol
Doctors do not recommend consuming alcoholic beverages while undergoing treatment with this drug. This combination can lead to serious consequences, violation of the liver and Central nervous system.
Ethyl alcohol and antibiotic have a direct impact on the Central nervous system. In parallel they work synergistically with each other and can cause acute poisoning and violation of the patient's condition.
The consequences of this combination can be a liver pathology. In acute poisoning may develop liver failure.
Under the influence of alcohol to the person can get back all the symptoms and conditions which he eliminated with the help of adaptol, but only in more pronounced form.
The clinical picture
If, however, the man on the background of treatment with adaptol used alcohol in large quantities, develops acute intoxication. Such poisoning is accompanied by inhibition of the nervous and cardiovascular systems.
- strong and unbearable headache, accompanied by severe dizziness;
- rapid heartbeat (tachycardia), which leads to an overload of the cardiovascular system;
- the sharp increase in blood pressure due to production of adrenaline and vascular spasm;
- extreme weakness, lack of strength;
- indifference to what is happening and the people around them;
- noise in the ears, accompanied by their congestion;
- violation fine motor skills and coordination. In this state, the person can fall or even accidentally fall out of a window, fall off the stairs, get hit by a moving vehicle;
- nausea that can be accompanied by vomiting. This symptom is caused, in the first place, alcohol intoxication.
- loose stools, diarrhea, flatulence. Perhaps the development of intestinal colic, stomach pain;
- pain in the right subcostal arch.
Under the influence of adaptol person can drink large amounts of alcohol. Taking one drink of alcohol, he may continue to drink up to acute alcohol intoxication or even coma.
What to do in case of poisoning
If a person is taking alcohol during the course of treatment with adaptol, became ill, he had the above symptoms, you should immediately call the ambulance. Also don't forget that you need to take away his alcohol, as he may want to continue to drink.
Then you need to try to quickly bring the remnants of alcohol from his body and neutralize him in the gut. First, let the poisoned person drink 2-3 glasses of plain water. It should not be carbonated, warm or cold. The field of fluid intake a person should immediatelysnatch. This can be done by invoking the gag reflex by pressing your finger on the root of the tongue.
After cleansing the stomach look at home kit drugs from the group of sorbents. Will fit any brand, for example, activated carbon, smectite, sorbex, enterosgel etc. These medications neutralize and bind the remnants of the alcohol and drug located in the digestive system.
After these procedures can give a poisoned person a bit to drink, but in any case not a volley, not to provoke repeated vomiting.
If the patient is very lethargic, does not contact or is unconscious, do not try to give him something to drink or to trigger a gag attack.
Medical aid and treatment of poisoning
Further care and treatment will be provided by physicians. They'll give you a quick examination of the patient, assess his General condition, consciousness, pulse, blood pressure, breathing, and saturation, remove the electrocardiogram. Before admission will be given first aid. Depending on the severity of the patient it may include the following components:
- formulation of an intravenous catheter;
- gastric lavage through the probe;
- droppers with solutions to reduce intoxication;
- drugs to normalize heart rate and blood pressure.
After stabilization of the patient's condition he was urgently transported to the nearest emergency hospital, where he is a qualified medical assistance.
Summing up, I want to say that such poisoning to avoid a very simple. It is not necessary to drink alcohol during treatment with adaptol. Without alcohol people can easily live and even visit events and celebrations. Taking alcohol during treatment with adaptol, the patient puts her life and health to a great danger. Problems with the liver and nervous system caused by such reckless and negligent behavior, you need to treat for longer period after intoxication. Take care and value your health.