How to stop vomiting after alcohol at home
Vomiting after alcohol can develop for many reasons. In some cases treatment should be in hospital. This article examines the principal causes of the vomiting after alcoholic intoxication, the methods of treatment at home, the situation under which you should call the ambulance.
The main condition that may induce vomiting after ingestion of alcohol
Vomiting from alcohol can be a symptom of a large number of conditions and diseases. Choosing the right treatment depends on the cause of the development of symptoms.
The table below describes the main condition that may manifest with vomiting and can develop after ingestion of alcohol.
|The reason||Description||The main clinical manifestations|
|Hangover||This condition develops in the morning after drinking alcohol. The hangover provoked by the inconclusive excretion of alcohol from the body, dehydration.||
|Alcohol poisoning, or alcohol substitutes||Alcohol intoxication develops when a one-time ingestion of a large amount of alcohol or surrogates. When alcohol poisoning develops the strongest intoxication, which affects the brain, heart and all internal organs.||
|Acute pancreatitis||The person who was drunk, may develop acute failure of the pancreas, necrosis of its tissues. It is urgent surgical pathology. Treatment – operative.||
|Gastritis||Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the stomach can be caused by the intake of alcohol. Alcohol increases the production of hydrochloric acid which irritates the stomach.||
|Gastrointestinal bleeding||This complication develops after alcohol people who are suffering with chronic gastritis and peptic ulcer disease.||
|Cholecystitis||Inflammation of the gallbladder can be triggered by the abundant intake of alcohol.||
How to help at home
Vomiting after alcohol the next day can develop for many reasons. The amount of required treatment depends on the condition causing this symptom. At home, you can only treat the hangover. All other pathology require an immediate call to ambulance.
What to do at home and how to stop vomiting? Below we have reviewed the basic aspects of first aid in various pathological conditions that may arise as a result of taking alcohol.
Vomiting from alcohol develops as a result of alcohol intoxication, and irritation of the mucous membrane of the stomach. To eliminate the need to neutralize the alcohol, take it out of the body and replenish lost fluid.
How to get rid of vomiting during a hangover?
- You can drink antiemetic drugs (reglan, metoclopramide). They affect the vomiting center and effectively eliminate nausea.
- Stop vomiting by using sorbents. These drugs neutralize the remnants of the alcohol, clean the intestines. They should take separately from other medicines. You can use any of the sorbents, which you have in your first aid kit (activated carbon, APSCO, smectite, etc.).
- Sober. This popular method helps to stop tear. Its essence lies in the acceptance of alcohol in the morning in a small amount (polruki of vodka or glass of beer).
Please note that pohmelye forbidden to combine with drugs.
How to stop vomiting alcohol poisoning? Treatment of this condition in the hospital. To self-medicate at home and to appoint a drugs for poisoning is very dangerous. At the first signs of alcohol intoxication should call an ambulancehelp and to go to the hospital. Before the arrival of doctors you can try to slightly improve the human condition.
First aid for alcohol poisoning consists of:
- gastric lavage with room temperature water. To do this, gulp drink a liter of water and then to snatch it.
- a cleansing enema. Wash the intestines in the home only by using boiled water. Medications or herbal teas cannot be added. Enema is performed before the appearance of clear wash water.
- reception of sorbents (the activated coal, enterosgel, sorbets, etc.).
- copious drinking. In cases of poisoning by alcohol, you can drink drinking water or mineral water with an alkaline pH.
The disease treated in the surgical Department, with the appearance of its symptoms, you need to call an ambulance. You can go to the nearest hospital on their own.
Please note that drinking water or medication if you suspect acute pancreatitis is prohibited. These actions interfere with anesthesia during surgery.
The appearance of black vomit you should immediately call an ambulance. To drink water, medication, clean the stomach or intestines are prohibited.
The only thing you can do to help the victim, it is providing the rest. You can also put on the belly of an ice pack. The cold will cause vasospasm and reduce blood loss.
If a person with internal bleeding and lost consciousness, you should lay it on a flat surface and raise his legs up. The head should turn sideways. Before the arrival of doctors it is necessary to constantly monitor the presence of breath and heart attacks. The heartbeat is most convenient to test on the side of the neck, a carotid artery (major blood vessel). For the control of breathing place your hand on the patient's chest and follow her tour.
A survey of hospital
After hospitalization, the patient starts receiving necessary medical care. In parallel with treatment a survey of his body. It is necessary to establish the specific reasons for which the patient vomits and feels bad, and for the selection of proper treatment.
A survey of hospital can consist of a number of the diagnostic techniques listed below.
- General complete blood count, which is required to identify the inflammatory process in the body, anemia, dehydration, hemolysis, or thickening of blood.
- The General analysis of urine. It is used for diagnosis of kidney damage.
- A blood test for alcohol. This laboratory study helps to confirm the fact of alcohol, and set its concentration in the body.
- Biochemical analysis of blood, which determines the functional state of the liver, pancreas and kidneys.
- A gastroscopy. The swallowing of the probe shown in the gastro-intestinal bleeding. Using gastroscopy can not only identify but also to eliminate the bleeding, and thus quickly removed by vomiting.
- Ultrasound examination (ultrasound) of internal organs, which is held for the diagnosis of pathology of the liver, pancreas and kidneys.
- ECG. Study of the heart it is necessary to identify complications from the cardiovascular system, which can develop due to alcohol intoxication.
Treatment in a hospital
After determining the cause of the development of vomiting, the doctor prescribes treatment. Its volume and duration depends on the pathology and severity of the patient's condition.
When alcohol poisoning is hemodialysis, intravenous the imposition of solutions to remove the intoxication.
Acute pancreatitis treated surgically. After the surgery may require the patient stay in the intensive care unit.
The gastrointestinal bleeding stopped during gastroscopy or surgery. With a large amount of blood loss, is the substitutionary blood transfusion.
Vomiting after ingestion of alcoholic beverages can be caused by hangover or serious pathological condition. Self-treatment may be carried out only with a hangover, it can stop vomiting by using folk remedies or drugs. In the case of acute pancreatitis, alcohol poisoning or internal bleeding, is emergency hospitalization of the victim to the nearest hospital. The duration of therapy in the hospital depends on the pathology and condition of the patient.