Shaking with a hangover: what to do and how to deal with it
The hangover is called payback for excessive alcohol consumption. This condition is familiar to almost every adult. It manifests unpleasant symptoms, among which headache, indigestion, pressure changes, tremor. In this article we tried to understand why the shakes with a hangover and what to do to get rid of clinical manifestations of withdrawal syndrome and to withdraw alcohol from the body.
The metabolism of alcohol
Alcohol, getting into the stomach, it is rapidly absorbed through the mucous membrane into the blood. For the metabolism of alcohol in the body are responsible the enzymes produced by the liver. With the help of alcohol dehydrogenase alcohol molecules are converted first to acetaldehyde and then to acetic acid, which further breaks down and excreted from the body through the kidneys.
The time required for neutralization and excretion of alcohol from the body, individually for each person. It depends on the condition of the liver, amount consumed, strength of drinks, sex. It is believed that the male body is able to get rid of alcohol.
In the process of splitting and elimination of alcohol the body suffers from dehydration, electrolyte and metabolic disturbances, acidosis. This condition is clinically manifested by symptoms of a hangover.
Why shakes with a hangover
Any use of alcohol is a stress to the body. And if the person he was admitted in large quantities, creates difficulties with its excretion and digestion. Ethyl alcohol is poison. In large quantities it provokes alcoholic poisoning and can be the cause of death.
A hangover is a consequence of alcohol intoxication. Man shakes with a hangover the next morning for the following reasons:
- Because of the violation of the cardiovascular system. Alcohol provokes a rise in blood pressure, the development of tachycardia (rapid heartbeat) and vascular spasm. Such changes lead to a strong load on heart due to what person quite decent vibration in the morning after drinking alcohol.
- Due to dehydration and water-electrolyte failure. Alcohol provokes the loss of large amounts of fluid and necessary minerals. The consumption of alcohol in large amounts may develop acidosis – decrease in blood pH.
- Due to the destruction of neurons and nervous tissue. Ethyl alcohol is toxic to the Central and peripheral nervous system. Chronic alcoholics with the shakes of a hangover because of the nerve pathways and the spinal roots of alcohol and its decay products.
Other symptoms of hangover
The symptoms of a hangover usually appear the morning after the feast. The more a person had taken alcohol, the more severe are the clinical symptoms of hangover. The main signs of this condition include:
- severe dryness in the mouth and thirst. The body requires fluid to combat dehydration and acidosis;
- headache and dizziness – signs of vascular spasm and high blood pressure;
- nausea and vomiting develops due to irritation of the gastric mucosa. Can also be a heartburn and belching with sour taste;
- increased flatulence, intestinal colic, loose stools and diarrhea;
- strong tremor. Hands shaking with a hangover most often in people who abuse alcohol;
- inability to concentrate at work and to gather my thoughts;
- chills. The person may freeze, as when the temperature of the body;
- partial memory loss. After heavy intoxication can sometimes be difficult to remember the details of the feast.
Clinically the hangover the morning after drinking. If a person became ill during the consumption of alcohol should be suspected of acute intoxication and alcohol poisoning.
How to overcome a hangover
What if the shakes with a hangover? To compete with this condition can at home. Below, we have gathered for you the guidelines by which you will be able to get rid of the symptoms of hangover and regain their ability to work and the normal state of health:
- Drink a glass of brine. The composition of this drink is ideal for the normalization of water-salt balance. But carried away by the brine is not necessary, 100-200ml will be enough. You also need to avoid salty drinks made on the basis of vinegar.
- Take sorbents. These drugs are available in almost every home medicine Cabinet. You can use any representative of this drug group, for example, activated carbon, sorbex, APSCO, enterosgel, Polisorb. Before receiving the sorbent, check its expiration date and read the rules in the regulations of dosing.
- Drink as much liquid as possible. This may be a weak sweet black tea, mineral or table water, juice, broth hips or chamomile. But coffee, alcohol and strong tea should be abandoned. It is also desirable to drink sodas, juices, and energy.
- Take a contrast shower. It can help you to get rid of vascular spasm and tremor. And from a hot bath should be abandoned, as it may lead to pressure rise and the return of nausea with vomiting.
- Eat a good Breakfast. In this conditionthe most useful protein foods of animal origin. This can be cheese, cheese, lean meats and fish, eggs. It is better to avoid spicy, fatty and fried foods. Try to listen to your body, he can tell you what kind of food is willing to accept. For example, you may want something sweet or salty.
How to recognize alcohol poisoning
Unlike alcohol withdrawal syndrome, acute alcoholic poisoning cannot be treated at home. This condition requires immediate medical intervention. It develops as a result of taking dangerously large doses of alcohol or its surrogates. Alcoholic intoxication can be triggered by concurrent intake of narcotic substances or some drugs.
Signs of intoxication of alcohol:
- Symptoms develop over several hours after ingestion of alcohol or during its use.
- Violation of coordination of movements.
- Fuzzy, confused and unintelligible speech.
- Nausea and profuse vomiting. We must not forget that the attacks of vomiting may develop on the background of a disconnected consciousness, a person can die choking on your own vomit.
- Disturbance of consciousness of the patient. He may fall into a stupor or deep coma.
- Convulsions, hallucinations, inadequate and aggressive behavior.
- Blurred vision is a sign of intoxication with alcohol substitutes.
When the first signs of alcohol poisoning you need to call the ambulance, prior to their arrival should do our best to help the intoxicated person himself. If he's conscious, let him drink several glasses of water and cause vomiting by pressing on the tongue. You can then give him the sorbents and drink.
In the case of a disturbed mind do not attempt a person to wash the stomach, drink it or give medication of any kind. Turn it on its side and check the breathing and pulse. All treatment will be provided to physicians.
Shaking with a hangover, maybe due to dehydration and disturbance of the nervous system. In addition to this symptom, a person suffers from headache, nausea, diarrhoea, dizziness. Protein foods, drinking plenty of fluids, sorbents, and a contrast shower will help to get rid of the hangover and return the ability to work and normal health. If you suspect alcohol poisoning, you need to call an ambulance, treatment of this condition should be carried out only by physicians.