What to do if you feel bad after drinking alcohol
Almost all the festivals and feasts not dispense alcoholic beverages, which help lift your mood and relax. However, after taking alcohol, many of the next day developing a hangover, and in sensitive people can be even intoxication. Bad after alcohol what to do? In this article we consider the basic methods of aid.
The effect of alcohol on the body
Most people alcoholic drinks are not perceived as something dangerous. Many a hungover state calmly, considering this is a common occurrence. Actually ethanol is a toxic substance to an organism, and in large quantities this substance can cause very serious violations. The glass of liquor absorbed by the body instantly, as ethyl alcohol does not need to be processed in the gastric juice, as food. Alcohol is instantly absorbed into the blood stream, without prior training.
The body treats ethanol as a poison, therefore, after the alcohol enters the stomach, the body as protection produces a special enzyme called alcohol dehydrogenase. The role of this enzyme is to break down ethanol to acetaldehyde compounds, which by oxidation is transformed into acetic acid. And acetic acid the body to cope much easier, than if the ethanol remained unchanged. The human body is very wisely arranged, but if you overdo it with alcohol, the body has no time quickly remove ethanol from the blood and toxic substances begin to disrupt the normal functioning of organs and systems.
Alcohol is absorbed almost all the water space of the body. The slowest absorption occurs in the stomach, and a lot of speed noted in the small intestine. That's why people get drunk immediately, but after some time. Phase of elimination of ethanol last much longer than the process of absorption. Up to 10% ethanol excreted in pure form through the lungs, kidneys and skin, and the rest transformered into acetic acid and excreted within a few days.
Frequent use of alcohol negatively affects almost all organs of the body. First from ethanol affects the liver and brain. Regular use of alcohol occurs gradually the violation of all human body systems, the result of which may cause disease of varying severity.
Symptoms of poisoning
Of alcohol poisoning nobody is immune. The poison can be any low-quality alcoholic drink or excessive consumption, causing the liver fails to neutralize the ethanol in the blood, the body begins to "poison" poisonous substances. The most frequent signs of intoxication are:
- nausea, urge to vomit;
- palpitations, possible decrease in body temperature;
- low pressure;
- increased sweating;
- loss of stability and coordination of the body;
- pain in the right hypochondrium or in the abdomen;
- pallor or redness of the face;
- General malaise and weakness;
- dilated pupils;
- respiratory failure;
- mental excitement, incoherent and unclear speech, hallucinations.
The severity of ailments depends on the degree of intoxication and overall health. Sometimes a drunk can be very bad, and then, without professional medical assistance is necessary.
Medco distinguish several degrees of poisoning:
- At the first stage (concentration of ethanol in the bloodstream is not more than 2 ppm) observed such symptoms as redness of skin, sweating, frequent urination, euphoria, loud speech. Intoxication at this stage usually passes without any serious consequences for the organism.
- The second stage (concentration of ethanol in the bloodstream up to about 2-3 ppm) is characterized by ataxia and slurred speech. After this stage the next morning the man noted all the symptoms of a hangover.
- The third stage occurs when the person continues to take alcoholic beverage and the concentration of ethanol in the blood continues to increase. In this case, it may occur very dangerous disorders of the heart, pressure, respiration. In severe cases the person may lose consciousness and even fall into a coma.
Experienced doctors advise at the first signs (even the slightest) poisoning to seek professional help.
If a person is ill from alcohol, it is extremely useful gastric lavage. To do this, the victim should drink water as much as you can, and then try to cause vomiting. The procedure should be repeated several times until the patient will feel relieved.
If unpleasant symptoms persist, you should immediately seek medical help. Before the arrival of the doctors will be useful to conduct a vigorous rubbing of the ears. Such action promotes a rush of blood to the head, it will help the victim lead to himself. Then the person should be put to bed (to the side) and wrap with a blanket if there is a chill. If you notice that the person is not breathing, you should immediately resort to artificial respiration. Quite a useful massage of the tip of the nose and areas above it and belowlower lip. This will help to stimulate the heart and respiratory work.
After a large amount of alcohol consumed almost all body functions begin to suffer. That is why the person feels considerable distress, and if nothing is done, can be very serious consequences.
What not to do:
- Not drunk to lay on his back. This body position is dangerous in case of vomiting, as he can drown.
- Apply a cold shower, as in a sudden change in body temperature after taking alcohol can be negative consequences.
- To walk or to rise again from the bed to his feet. During intoxication the body is in a weakened state and additional stress can exacerbate the condition.
- Leave the drunk in this one, as there is a risk that they will happen loss of consciousness or stop breathing.
- Again give alcoholic drinks.
Most people after consuming a significant amount of drink the next day feel all the unpleasant symptoms of a hangover. Such a state of intoxication caused by toxic substances formed in the blood as a result of disintegration of alcohol. Ethanol not only affects body functions, but also disturbs the redistribution of fluid in the body, resulting in edema and the condition as dry mouth.
Standard symptoms of a hangover are:
- high or low blood pressure;
- the feeling of nausea (vomiting are also possible);
- violation of stool (diarrhea or constipation);
- sweating or, on the contrary, dry skin;
- swelling of the face and other body parts;
- tremor of the hands or the entire body;
- headache (possible dizziness);
- a slight increase in body temperature;
- hypersensitivity to light or sounds;
- heart palpitations.
With a hangover may experience multiple symptoms from this list, however, if in addition to these characteristics observed unusual symptoms, you should not wait for changes, and immediately call a physician. Dangerous symptoms may be:
- severe pain in the abdomen or in the right upper quadrant;
- lightheadedness or even fainting;
- a sudden and strong fear of death;
- icteric color of the skin;
- disruptions of the heart;
- brown urine (signs of blood) or lack of urine;
- blurred vision, flashes or dark flies in front of the eyes;
- asthma, shortness of breath, dry cough with wheezing and other breathing problems;
- visual or auditory hallucinations;
- seizures or lethargy.
Drinking alcoholic beverages can trigger a variety of violations that require urgent medical care. You need time to recognize dangerous symptoms in time to provide the necessary assistance and even save lives.
How to remove the symptoms of a hangover
The most reliable method to remove all the symptoms of a hangover is excrete the residues of ethanol and toxic decomposition products of alcohol. Detoxification will help significantly lighten and improve overall health.
To expel harmful toxins by using sorbent or enema. If there is no possibility or desire to put an enema, then you can use a simple but effective method is to take any enterosorbent. For example, it is highly effective is the drug POLYSORB. The sorbent is a powerful tool against toxins, and is accepted as a suspension (prepared with water) five times a day. You can also take any other sorbent, which is at hand, for example, drug-tested activated carbon.
To remove the dry mouth, and swelling you can, if you drink plenty of fluids. It is useful to drink plenty of water combined with the diuretic drinks (green tea, natural coffee, the drug "Verospiron" etc.). Very useful if hangover is to drink bicarbonate water, for example, "Borjomi" or "Essentuki". This water acts faster and helps to restore the disturbed acid-alkaline balance. To restore the supply of salts-electrolytes in blood plasma by using cucumber or cabbage brine (not the marinade). This measure will help properly distribute fluid in the body, and thus relieve swelling and dehydrated.
Elimination of swelling at the same time helps to remove and headache. However, if the pain and heaviness in the head are not, then you can take Mexidol, Panangin or aspirin. By the way, the drug prangin contains in its composition magnesium and potassium, which are so necessary during a hangover.
If there is high blood pressure, to reduce using the drug magnesia. The tool not only helps with the hangover of hypertension, but also reduces headaches, swelling and the risk of complications. If the pressure is too high, then it is better not to risk and call for medical help.
Quickly get rid of a hangover with the help of the vomiting, the result of which would be significant relief. You should also drink a lot of water and eliminate junk food. During this state it is necessary to help the body rid itself of toxic substances.
Mild tachycardia, anxiety or insomnia can be reduced with the help of Valerian, motherwort, sedative herbs orother sedatives.
The most effective method is not to use strong drinks. However, the holiday feast many people are forced to abandon alcohol. In this case, you can at least observe the following measures will help to maintain the normal state of health after alcohol:
- To be a bit to eat before the first glass of wine or a shot of vodka. The absorption of alcohol will be much slower if it is correct to eat (juicy fruits, honey, lemons, sauerkraut, Apple juice). You can eat a sandwich with butter or lard that will help to create a protective film in the stomach.
- Do not mix different alcoholic drinks during a party.
- It is advisable to get out into the fresh air, whereby the concentration of ethanol in the blood will decrease.
- During the repast or after it is helpful to drink citrus juice because vitamin C helps the body will bring ethanol from the blood.
- After the feast, very useful to move a lot. However, excessive activity can have a negative impact, so you should not overdo it.
- If a person is taking strong medication, then you need to completely give up alcohol.
- Before you consume hot drinks, you can take a special drug that reduces alcohol intoxication.
And, of course, to prevent intoxication, and alcohol withdrawal syndrome, you must follow measures. You should not abuse alcohol, otherwise the negative effects of alcohol on the body can be unpredictable.