Activated charcoal after drinking: is it worth taking
Alcohol poisoning appears from the great quantities consumed of alcoholic beverages. Activated carbon after alcohol is a drug that can be used for the treatment and prevention of poisoning. Cleansing the body with the help of the drug occurs very quickly, improves the General condition of the person.
Activated charcoal is a completely natural product, whose components are extracted from the coke or charcoal. It is an absorbent means that has a black color. If you drink it in large quantities, the stool also darken, but normal digestive process. The drug has no taste or smell. Available in the form of tablets or powder.
Symptoms of alcohol intoxication
After drinking alcohol, the breakdown products of ethanol are contained in human blood. Under their influence comes alcohol poisoning, accompanied by vomiting, headache, lack of appetite, weakness. If vomiting is continuous, there is a likelihood of dehydration.
In rare cases there is a rise in body temperature. If the usual food poisoning most often there is diarrhea, with alcohol constipation. And this is due to the fact that under the influence of alcohol from the body excreted a lot of fluid, so the stool dry.
The use of coal in alcoholic intoxication
If, after the binge is bad, he's probably got alcohol poisoning. In this case, it is necessary to render first aid to the patient. To do this:
- It is necessary to wash out the stomach. In a liter of boiled warm water add a few crystals of potassium permanganate so that the liquid had a slightly pinkish hue. The resulting solution should be drink in one gulp. As a rule, an attack of vomiting occurs immediately. To wash out the stomach you want as long as the vomit will not be clean with no food particles. For washing, you can prepare another solution: a liter of boiled water add 2 tablespoons of salt. However, this drug is very unpleasant to the taste, so not everyone can drink it.
- Immediately after lavage of the stomach should drink black pills. To do this, take a few tablets of charcoal, pulverized into a powder which is added to the glass of warm water. Both components are well mixed, after which the patient drinks the resulting solution. If the taste of charcoal does not seem to the contrary, tablets can be chewed, and then wash them down with plenty of water. But be aware that after this language for a while would be black.
- To reduce the headache to take an aspirin or analgin.
- To strengthen immunity and increase appetite, the patient must offer to eat a few leaves of sour cabbage or drinking its juice. But it is only in the case that the smell of the product does not cause disgust in a patient.
- To restore the water balance in the body after suffering poisoning the patient must drink a special mineral solutions (for example, regidron).
In mild poisoning after ingestion of tablets of activated charcoal symptoms will disappear after a few hours. But if the poisoning is more severe, it may take a day. If you take activated charcoal immediately, but after 5-10 hours after the poisoning, the poison will be absorbed into the blood, and with it gets into the internal organs. From this it may be a number of complications. In this case, treatment can last more than three days.
If symptoms of intoxication have not gone after 3 days, it is urgent to consult with a specialist. Self-medication can negatively affect the health of the patient.
Dosage of activated charcoal
Activated carbon under the influence of alcohol consumed in the same way as with any food poisoning. At one time you can drink no more than 10-15 tablets. In General, dosage is calculated as follows: 10 kg of body weight – one tablet. It is better to drink the medicine several times a day, but in small doses. Thus, under the influence of the drug vomiting, diarrhea and other symptoms of poisoning will take place.
Although if the poisoning is very strong, the person can drink 20-25 pills at a time. After all, when an excessive amount of alcohol in the body accumulates large amounts of toxins. And the more poison in the body, the more medications required. Activated carbon unites toxic particles together and removes them from the body during bowel movements. Part of toxins out of the body together with urine. In any case, acute alcohol poisoning needs urgent consultation with a specialist.
Rules for the use of activated charcoal with a hangover
Before drinking coal tablets, you need to learn how to take them correctly. After all, failure to comply with some requirements, will not be obtained the desired effect:
- Often people have a question when the coal need to drink before or after a meal. It is advisable to consume it an hour before eating or one hour after a meal. If the stomach be full, the effect of consumed tablets will come much later.
- If you need to take some medicine, it is necessary to drink an hour before activated charcoal. Otherwise coal tablets neutralize the effect of another substance, but in this part of the toxins still remain in the body.
- Add black tabletdirectly into the solution for washing stomach. To do this, they need a good grind. Such a solution will be softer to act on the stomach wall.
- If vomiting occur every 20-30 minutes, there is no need to take pills of coal. In this case, they will not have time to act, as they come out of the stomach with vomit.
In order not to suffer from morning hangover or alcohol poisoning, it is recommended to drink a few tablets of charcoal before the meal. They must drink mineral water. It contains useful substances for the body. Under the influence of coal tablets ethanol is rapidly excreted from the body together with urine. Therefore, people will not be long to get drunk.
If before going to bed to drink some more coal in the morning appear of the symptoms of hangover. For best effect you need to drink them two cups of water.
Tips and advice
Can I drink charcoal in alcoholic intoxication? It is not only possible, but necessary. When the first symptoms need to take a pill of activated charcoal. But in this case it is necessary to consider several recommendations:
- The speed of the impact of drugs on the body depends on what size are the granules. It is therefore recommended to use the coal in powdered form or just buy the coal powder.
- Although activated charcoal does not deteriorate under the influence of sunlight and moisture, you need to use it before the expiry. Otherwise, can appear side effects: weakness, nausea, severe allergic reaction.
- To take the pills better immediately after drinking, right before going to bed. But if the hangover has already arrived, immediately it is necessary to use activated carbon.
Preferably 2 hours after that to empty the bowel. Otherwise, it will appear the opposite effect. Therefore, the toxic particles from coal will come back into the intestine. In the use of tablets before sleep, you should Wake up two hours later and go to the toilet or to perform gastric lavage.
The length of treatment black tablets from 3 to 14 days. It is not recommended to drink the medication for longer than two weeks. Because it washes away from the body not only harmful components but also nutrients, vitamins and minerals. As a result, the person can happen the exhaustion, the immune system will become weak, so the body becomes vulnerable to various diseases.
Who can't drink activated charcoal
It would seem that activated charcoal is a completely safe product. However, even this drug has a number of contraindications. Therefore, before taking the cure to eliminate the symptoms of a hangover, you need to examine contraindications:
- It is impossible for people who have stomach problems. This category includes persons afflicted with ulcers, gastritis, pancreatitis and also suffering from inflammation of the stomach.
- Forbidden to drink black pills to people with possible bleeding in the digestive organs. Although such persons are also prohibited alcohol.
- Not suitable for people who are treated with antitoxic medicines. Under the influence of coal and their impact on the body will be reduced.
Shows a drug for poisoning of any type. In addition, the drug restores the function of the organism after diseases of the stomach, removes from the blood the harmful toxins. Drink the cure and as a preventive measure for cleaning the body. The compatibility of tablets of coal with other drugs only if their drink is consumed several hours. Otherwise it will neutralize the effects of other drugs on the body.
Thus, the activated carbon is a great way to deal with alcoholic intoxication. Under its influence there will be speedy recovery of the body, the person will feel better. Only you need to understand that this means there are contraindications that must be observed.