Suspension motilium for children with vomiting: instructions for use
Instructions for use suspension motilium for children with vomiting should remain at the packaging of this medicinal product and are subject to a thorough study of the parents of the sick child. This drug is assigned by the attending physician after examination of the baby and identifying symptoms of poisoning or other conditions that are accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
Babies from birth when taking any new food violations occur in the stomach and intestine due to an unstable digestive system. To restore the normal functions of these important organs in babies infants and older there are many medicines, including motilium.
Characteristics of medication
Drug motilium is an antiemetic drug, domperidone as active substance. The drug is designed to eliminate symptoms and restore normal functioning of the stomach and upper intestine.
The drug after administration contributes to the pressure rise in the lower part of the oesophagus, increases the activity of thin and duodenal ulcer and helps the stomach to get rid of processed food.
The active substance domperidone in its therapeutic action has no effect on the amount and acidity of gastric secretion and secreted.
Motilium in cases of poisoning by medicine or food is an indispensable tool for removing nausea and vomiting, in particular in children. Also this drug helps with persistent sickness in the road, intoxication during a virus, rotavirus and respiratory diseases.
Motilium, depending on the age of the little patients, is available in different kinds and packages:
- Suspension in the form of a sweet syrup is whitish in 100 ml bottle. Complete with syrup in the package are the user manual and syringe dispenser. Assigned to the drug full-term infants from one month to five years. The amount of active substance domperidone is calculated in mg per kilogram child weight.
- Tablets with mint flavor in instant form. The drug is administered to children of preschool age from five to seven years old, weighing 25-30 kg. complete with 10 or 30 pills in the package are instructions for use of the drug.
- Pills with no taste in a dense shell. Medications are assigned to school-age children older than seven years, weighing more than 35 kg. In the package with 10 or 30 tablets enclosed instructions for proper use of funds.
Motilium in one form or another is appointed only after consultation with the child's physician based on condition, age and weight of the child.
Indications for receiving funds
Motilium for nausea in a child can be assigned to children of all ages, but in different form, with such symptoms:
- air belching and regurgitation of breast milk;
- colic in infants;
- vomiting in motion sickness stable on the road;
- diarrhea or frequent constipation;
- bloating in the abdomen;
- feeling of fullness in the stomach.
- spasms, accompanied by pain sensation in the upper abdomen;
- lack of bowel;
- the rise of undigested food or gastric juice into the channel of the esophagus or even the mouth;
- inflammation of the walls of the esophagus;
- burning, turning into a heartburn in the stomach and in the lower region of the esophagus;
- overeating, accompanied by nausea and vomiting;
- food poisoning stale food;
- inflammatory processes in the ducts of bile output;
- poisoning drugs;
- nausea and vomiting due to rotavirus disease.
Motilium vomiting in a child should be taken only after a doctor in a dosage which was individually designed by the doctor.
For all its virtues, motilium has some contraindications:
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance domperidone, or other component of the ingredients of the drug.
- Hypersensitivity to sorbitol, a part of the suspension.
- Severe liver disease.
- Ulcerative diseases of the stomach or intestine.
- Obstruction of the intestine.
- Suspected bleeding in the stomach or intestine.
- Tumor formation in the pituitary gland.
- Prohibited concomitant use with amiodarone, voriconazole, clarithromycin, ketoconazole, telithromycin, fluconazole and erythromycin.
Motilium vomiting not recommended for use in renal and heart failure in anamnesis, the violation of the rhythms of the heartbeat, as well as in congenital dysfunction of the intestines.
The use of motylium may be accompanied by side effects:
- Spasmodic sensation in the stomach and intestines.
- Allergy in the form of itching, severe swelling of hands, feet and face, hives, rashes all over the skin;
- Heartburn and dryness of the throat, urinary retention.
- Loss of appetite.
- Diarrhea or constipation;
- Ulcers on oral mucosa.
- Common conjunctivitis, occurring in the form of redness and swelling of the eyelids, pain and itching.
- General weakness and drowsiness.
- Head pain, anxiety, and leg cramps.
- Inflammation in girls breast.
According to laboratory studies, side effects from motylium occur in one baby a hundred children. The use of motieka as analogcontaining the same active ingredient domperidone, allows you to bypass some of the side effects.