Activated charcoal: benefits and harms to the human body
On our kitchen shelves or in the medicine Cabinet there is always stuff "just in case" that may be required at any time and to be useful in problem situations with health. On a number of issues we appeal to the medical staff, but when urgent help is needed, open your kit. And there is always a packing of activated carbon.
Composition: what made the black pill
Get activated charcoal from wood, coal, nut or coconut shell, fruit pits. All these materials contain carbon in one form or another. At elevated temperatures (up to +1000) is a substance with a porous structure. How useful is activated charcoal? It possesses adsorptive and catalytic action.
Natural hydrocarbon raw material is exposed to acid and steam. It turns out the substance is made of tiny pores. The absorbent action is the ability to collect on its surface various unnecessary substances for our body. The catalytic effect is the ability to accelerate chemical processes in the body.
Into a pill, add a little starch, and the result is a powerful adsorbent that is able to provide invaluable benefits to humans. Therefore, it is always present in our home medicine Cabinet.
Why is coal called activated? Due to the porous structure of the absorptive surface is greatly increased. Therefore, it is able to output a larger amount of harmful substances in gaseous and liquid state.
Effect of activated charcoal on the body
The sorbent is able to absorb the harmful substances around the digestive tract. He captures the waste products of metabolism faster than they are released into the bloodstream and disperse throughout the body. Activated charcoal does not remain in the body, it is excreted along with the toxins. Has the ability to display:
- toxins and salts of heavy metals;
- the pesticides trapped in the body;
- some parasites are "living" in the gut.
The black tablet is able to deal with 4,000 toxins, chemicals, impurities. This connection with the powerful adsorptive ability. It is safe to apply to people of any age.
Cleansing and detoxification
The use of activated charcoal for the body is detoxification-the cleansing of toxins. It contributes to the overall improvement. The cleaning process is carried out as follows:
- Coal taken an hour before food or 2 hours after a meal.
- Drink on an empty stomach, drinking plenty of water, which is needed for fast movement of adsorbent through the digestive tract. In the water you can add lemon juice.
- The dose and duration of intake depends on weight, age, diseases.
During the cleaning of the intestine coal is undesirable to take Supplements or any drugs, because coal will output them. Therefore, the effect of treatment with medicines you get.
The substance absorbs the accumulated gases in the intestine, removes accumulated toxins. Therefore, it is useful to use for flatulence, rotting and fermentation in the intestines, diarrheaand other problems related to digestion. To use or is just activated carbon makes no sense, because it is not candy, and drug.
Does the adsorbent to lose weight
Harmful if charcoal pills? A moot point, since black tablet not breaks down fats, and only removes unwanted toxins. In addition, during reception of tablets absorbed a large amount of fluid that is used in many diets. So losing weight really is, although after you stop taking it can be also easy to score.
But if you decide to lose weight with activated charcoal how to use it?
- Taken an hour before meals 3 times a day from calculation 1 tablet on 10 kg of weight.
- The length of treatment is 10 days. Weight loss occurs due to dehydration of the body when the toxins excreted liquid.
- Break between courses must be at least 7 days.
Long-term use suffering with the body as a whole, as only harmful, are removed and useful substances. It is a "hard" diet, and its popularity is due to the cheapness of the drug and simple way to use.
If correctly to eat: little and often, eat protein foods, vegetables and fruits that contain fiber, you will lose weight with health benefits, not harm him.
Black tablet poisoning
Coal is indispensable in case of poisoning. He quickly and efficiently cope with the intoxication. This is the antidote, the ability to absorb toxic substances, but also to prevent their spread.
To take the drug you need in powder form, to wash out the stomach. You can crush a pill, but the effect will be somewhat less. In case of poisoning are as follows:
- Take a liter of boiled, cool water and pour 10 g of powder. A suspension: a suspension of fine powder in water. It should mix well and drink in one gulp. This action is repeated three times.
- Then call the vomit to vomit out poisonous substances.
- Then out comes the enema with clean water without carbon powder. The intestines need to be free from poor quality food.
- Forfull recovery within a few days, continue to take activated charcoal tablets. Better not to swallow and grind up and use in suspension.
Tablets of activated charcoal (at 0.5 and 0.25 g) is called carbol. Activity lower than that of powder drug, but the poisoning can be used.
Black tablet can help in cases of poisoning with poison of some snakes or insects. To the bite it is necessary to impose a compress with powdered coal. Compress change every 30 min during the first 8 hours. But before we turn to the doctor, because the composition of different poisons and coal can not be saved, if the substance introduced into the blood, potent.
Activated charcoal can prevent a hangover when taken a certain number of tablets before bed. It will also help to bring the products of the metabolism of the alcohol that has not had time to get into the blood.
Contraindications and side effects
Harm activated charcoal for the body is not so great, but some limitations are still there:
- Prolonged use may cause constipation or diarrhea.
- The stool may turn black and oily.
- Harmful substances are excreted proteins, vitamins, enzymes and other nutrients.
- It is possible to reduce the content of potassium will affect the heart muscle.
- Calcium deficiency will alter the course of metabolic processes and affect the musculoskeletal system.
- Not recommended for pregnant and lactating women.
- Not used in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, kidneys, liver.
- In case of poisoning with gasoline or acids may cause damage.
- Do not give to children younger than years.
Most side effects occur with long-term use of the drug. But in any case, consultation of doctor is required. Only he can determine the benefits and harms when using activated carbon.
In addition, immediately contact your doctor if while taking rash, hives and difficulty breathing, squeezing in chest, swelling of the mouth or face.
Other useful properties
Activated charcoal can be considered a "magic pill". He is irreplaceable in various situations:
- Its porous structure helps to retain and absorb the odors.
- Cleans chlorinated water by removing chlorine and other harmful compounds.
- After cleaning the intestines, the breath will remain fresh, because the body got rid of toxins.
- For the same reason, disappear acne. There is a cosmetic effect of the drug.
- Able to whiten teeth and remove plaque.
- Lowers lipids and cholesterol, which positively affects the condition of the body.
This drug has no taste or smell. To keep it (especially powder) need to be closed hermetically. It easily absorbs surrounding odors and moisture.
Don't forget that activated charcoal is a medicinal drug. And, despite the lack of serious side effects, take it just like that or without medical advice is not desirable. Think before you "go on a diet" with this substance. But in some cases, black tablet remains indispensable.