Смекта при отравлении: инструкция по применению
Poisoning is not an uncommon phenomenon in everyday life. What it causes unpleasant feelings, remember everyone who was "lucky" to get into the circle of "lucky". It's hard when suffering itself, but even harder to watch when children suffer. That's why drug in cases of poisoning is so popular – it quickly leads to normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract and is suitable for the treatment of adults and young patients.
Composition and appointment of the drug
The main objective of all drug poisoning as quickly as you can excrete poisonous and toxic substances. Smectite with it perfectly. This Antidiarrhoeal agent that has the ability to envelop the intestinal wall and absorb harmful pathogensto be eliminated from the body naturally.
The drug is available in powder form. The active ingredient is completely natural and is extracted from the silicates – rocks of natural origin. A powder intended for dissolution in water. For a more pleasant taste of the finished suspension includes:
Drug for children has a pleasant orange or strawberry flavor.
The effect of smecta in the body
The tool has been successfully used for treatment of poisoning worldwide, the international pharmacological practice its name – diosmectite.
Due to the specific structure of the molecules of the active substances they easily absorb poisonous toxins without the body vitamins, minerals, and beneficial microorganisms.
Crystals smecta absorb the products of poisoning, acting selectively, not being absorbed in the intestine and no effect on the digestive tract. Thus the following processes occur:
- Eliminates excessive gas and flatulence.
- Crystal surface of the drug absorbs toxins, bacteria, poisonous waste products of pathogenic microorganisms, allergens, and adverse selection as a result of other medications.
- The quality of the intestinal mucus increases. Due to this, it improved enveloping properties of the rectal wall less irritated from exposure to toxic substances, stops spasms and diarrhea.
Any violations in the body deliver the discomfort, which wants to get rid as soon as possible. Poisoning is not an exception, so you will help in cases where there are such phenomena:
- violation of the stool (acute or chronic);
- infectious disease with severe disorders of the gastrointestinal tract;
- flatulence and bloating.
The greatest effect of smecta manifests in digestive disorders caused by opportunistic microorganisms that fall through the stomach (e.g., food poisoning).
Smectite adults: causes and dose of use
Indigestion can be caused by different reasons. In adults, it usually occurs:
- in cases of poisoning by food;
- in alcoholic intoxication.
Medicinal powder available in bags, per 1 pack – 1 dose. Used according to instructions. Daily dose should not exceed recommended by a doctor.
The use of smecta is a successful struggle with loose stools is not only in cases of poisoning with poor-quality products, but also in the reactions of the organism to a substance – an allergen in the food eaten. Preparation is essential when traveling to exotic countries. A sharp change of familiar food in unfamiliar often provokes indigestion.
To relieve symptoms:
- powder diluted in a little water, stir thoroughly and drink. Depending on the severity of the condition, the dose a single dose may be increased to 2-3 sachets;
- a small number of crystals may settle to the bottom of the glass. In this case, it is sufficient to add a little liquid, stir again and drink. On the drug it has no effect;
- to drink the medicine you need after each meal (Breakfast, lunch, dinner);
- the course of treatment may be up to 7 days, until complete disappearance of pathological conditions.
Daily dose should not exceed the maximum allowed number of packets of smecta for adult – 9 pieces.
Not everyone knows how to drink smektu correctly to reduce the intoxication effects of ethanol on the body. Meanwhile, the drug is suitable not only for the relief of the symptoms of a hangover after a stormy libations, but also as a prophylactic before taking alcohol. The drug adsorbs decomposition products of alcohol, significantly reducing it from entering the blood.
Method of application if alcohol poisoning:
- to reduce intoxication and prevention of hangover state to take 2-3 packages diluted in water medicines;
- to facilitate the intoxication effects of ethanol to drink smektu after the feast;
- when the vomiting reaction after taking medication for 30 minutes to use the drug again;
- if alcohol was improperquality, before taking smecta artificially induce vomiting and then to take the drug.
With a strong body reaction to poisoning with alcohol-containing products need medical assistance.
Smectite with vomiting
Powder is not an antiemetic. However, the ability of the drug to bind toxins and remove them from the body helps to struggle successfully with the manifestations of retching and nausea. Gag reflex – a protective reaction, the signal about the presence of poisons and attempt to remove them. As soon as the toxins leave the digestive tract, the rejection of vomit and nausea will stop.
Smectite effective in the urge to vomit only in case of local poisoning. The participation in reaction to the intoxication of the CNS (for example, some fungal toxins) medication will not help, since the signal to gastric bowel movement comes from the brain. In these cases, the specific antidote.
Sometimes strong retching prevent the intake of any medication, including and smecta. In such cases, it will perform gastric lavage. To do this, dissolve in the calculation of the 2-dose to each liter of warm fluids and try to drink as much of the funds received.
The use of smecta in children
Many parents wonder if children drink smektu when signs of poisoning. It is not only possible, but necessary. Unlike other chelators, smectite is slower, but it has a distinct advantage over similar drugs: thanks to the enveloping effect it effectively soothes inflamed walls of intestine and, therefore, the effect of the application will be more pronounced. In children, the drug is preferred when the poisoning occurred due to consumption of stale food or absorption of poisons with a strongly irritating effect on the mucous membranes of the digestive system.
It is strictly forbidden for children to set their own dose different from doctor appointments or specific instructions!
In acute course of the disorder and profuse diarrhea dosage limited to:
- up to 1 year up to 2 bags per day, divided into three-fold use and dissolved in liquid (water, formula, breast milk);
- 1-2 years – no more than 4 packets, divided in equal amounts for three after taking food during the day;
- children over the age of 3 years dosage smecta is indicated.
The advantages of smecta in the fight against poisoning
In comparison with other antidiarrheal remedies smectite has a number of advantages, which include the following:
- Approved for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Has no age restrictions, can be used from birth, subject to the right dosage.
- Acts selectively without causing damage to the contents in the body of useful elements.
- The gentle texture of the molecules of the active substance does not injure the mucous membrane of the internal organs, acting mildly and gently.
- Almost never causes allergies.
- Almost has no side effects.
In addition to the relief of acute diarrhoeal processes, has a wide range of positive actions:
- elimination of heartburn;
- reducing flatulence;
- the relief of a hangover;
- getting rid of nausea and vomiting.
Contraindications to smecta
Like any medication, smectite has a number of limitations to the use:
- individual intolerance to components of the medication;
- intestinal obstruction;
- malabsorption syndrome.
Side effects are mainly due to violations of terms of reception and self-increasing doses, and are expressed in the form of constipation and reduce intestinal motility.
A taking any medicines require a doctor's advice and strict adherence to the instructions for use!