Enema in cases of poisoning adults and children
Enema is a special medical procedure, which cleanses the intestines. In the last century (since ancient times) this procedure was performed very often for the purpose of bowel cleansing and the treatment of various ailments. But today, this procedure is carried out only in certain situations: before surgery, in preparation for childbirth (subject to woman's consent) and before some examinations. Very effective enema in cases of poisoning by food or alcohol.
The essence of the enema during intoxication
Enema is performed with a different purpose, so the procedure may differ in character. Distinguish enema, medicinal, oil, as well as hypertension. When food or alcoholic intoxication is done enema, the purpose of which is the removal of toxins from the body.
The need for this procedure arises when intoxication is no process of diarrhea. Diarrhea is the body's natural response to poisoning. With the help of liquid stool and vomiting the body self cleanses itself, from exposure to toxic substances. Accordingly, if diarrhea is absent, the toxic substances will continue to poison the body, causing various disorders and complications in the organs and systems. To avoid this, it makes sense to hold klishirovannyh.
With a cleansing enema in the rectum is introduced a special solution (or pure water). After the procedure is defecation, resulting in the body is removed and injected medicinal liquid, and with it all the accumulated toxic substances. This measure is good for clearing the intestinal wall and removes from the body toxic compounds.
The procedure is performed through the anus without anesthesia, despite the fact that pain should be absent, patients often report severe discomfort. Enema is satisfied by a simple procedure, but hold it carefully. There is a special technique. Even better if an enema will be an experienced doctor.
The enema cleansing purpose should be undertaken after the procedure of gastric lavage, which is also designed to rid the body of toxins.
The solution for enemas
To conduct enemas are used solutions with different composition. Experienced physicians for this purpose, solutions based on drugs, but self-administer the medication fluid is not recommended because of ignorance you can enter the dose wrong and end up hurt even more. Security purposes for enemas at home is it better to use simple boiled water at room temperature, as anything entered in the intestines, necessarily enters the bloodstream through the intestinal wall. Solutions with various additives are absorbed into the blood, and intoxication, their use may lead to negative consequences.
How to put an enema adult
Performs a cleaning procedure using a special tool called "Mug Esmarch". This tool consists of a pad (which is a pint), a rubber tube and tip set.
Independently conduct the procedure impossible. It is necessary that someone helped.
To help an adult to clean the body of toxic substances, you must follow the following pattern:
- Pour in the bottle of about 2 litres of warm water (it is desirable that the temperature was in the range 25-35 degrees), then the release of the remaining air through the dispenser and close tightly. Water treatments must be boiled, as it will be absorbed into the bloodstream through the intestinal wall. It is believed that the cooler the water, the more it will irritate the intestinal mucosa. But you should know that the water is too cold (18-20 degrees) are able to slow down the process of emptying, so the optimum temperature in this case should be within 35 degrees.
- Mug must be in limbo, so it must be locked at 1.5 meters. If this is not possible, then a mug can hold.
- The victim must make a special pose. To do this, he may lie on your left side with knees bent or take the knee-elbow position.
- Enema is placed through the anus, so you should lubricate the anus any baby cream or vaseline. The tip of the tool is also coated with a similar tool.
- Next you need carefully and rotational movements of the tube, approximately at a depth of 5-10 cm.
- Remove the clamp on the hose so that the fluid received into the intestine. You must make sure that the water is received into the gut very quickly, adjusting the speed with the tap. If the victim feels pain, then all too quickly, the filling of the intestines with water. In this case, you should stop the flow of liquid to give the victim to relax the stomach. After proceeding at a somewhat smaller pressure.
- When the water is almost completely introduced into the intestine, the tap you need to cover and slowly remove the guts from the tip.
- Immediately emptied impossible. The victim must for some time (at least 10 minutes) to lie down in this position, to give the liquid is fully distributed in the intestine. Then you can safely goto the toilet.
The procedure should not cause pain, bloating or dizziness. When such symptoms need to stop.
According to the rules of the enema should be set after natural defecation. Those who have frequent constipation, you must enter a half-liter of water and immediately release it to expel fecal plug from the intestines. You can then carry out the procedure according to the rules.
If constipation is a frequently used solution with the addition of vegetable oil or glycerin. The oil solution coats the solid feces and contributes to its easy promotion during bowel. However, during intoxication with toxic substances, this method is best used after consultation with a doctor.
Very carefully need to put an enema for the baby, as kids are more sensitive and can relate to such a procedure are very negative. It is desirable that klishirovannyh spent people with knowledge of the case, for example, a doctor.
In cases of poisoning of children (especially infants) should immediately seek professional medical help. If the kid poisoned food, and help will come not soon, then the mother (or other responsible person) need to spend klishirovannyh until the toxins have not yet fully absorbed into the bloodstream.
Children this procedure is done with a special rubber bulb, as well as boiled water, which must be at room temperature.
The volume of liquid depends on the age and weight of the child:
- to 6 months use a liquid no more than 60 g;
- from 6 months to a year, you must enter not more than 150 g;
- from a year to two years to apply the liquid is not more than 200 g;
- at the age of 2-5 years, not more than 300 g;
- at the age of 5-9 years – no more than 400 g;
- 10 years or more – half a liter.
Sequence of actions:
- The rubber bulb must first be boiled (approximately 30 minutes).
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- To lay on the surface of the rubber sheet and then lay the baby on his back with his butt under the diaper.
- The rubber tip of the syringe to lubricate the baby cream (vaseline).
- To raise the legs of the baby up (if the child is over a year, then lay it on its side and the legs tighten the abdomen).
- Fill the pear prepared solution, and then squeeze out the excess air.
- Carefully enter the nozzle into the anus of a baby to a depth of 3-4 cm (older children can be 6-8 cm).
- Slowly introduce the cooked liquid in the intestines.
- After slowly removing the tip of the pear and then squeeze the buttocks of the baby to retain water in the intestine.
- To give the child to lie down for ten minutes and then can be emptied.
It is desirable that during the enema someone was helping and comforting the child if he is naughty. If the baby the procedure went well, the enema can be repeated, if not, then you wait for medical help.
When properly executed the procedure, the enema has a good effect on the body during intoxication. This measure helps to clean the intestines from fecal matter and toxins, preventing the development of various complications. In some cases enema may even save the life of the victim. However, you must know that this procedure is better to spend for medical advice.
Danger enema and contraindications
If enema to hold wrong, there could be more trouble. Violations of technology procedures (as well as the frequent use of enemas) can be together with the toxins and completely remove all microflora. In addition, the possible trauma of the mucous membrane, sometimes fraught with the scars and then malignant tumors. Improper enema can also cause malfunction of the colon.
It is also worth considering that in some States, the enema is contraindicated. Such conditions include:
- chronic inflammatory diseases of the intestine in the acute stage (e.g., proctitis, colitis, etc.);
- hemorrhoids with heavy bleeding;
- cracks in the anus;
- tumors of the intestine;
- high body temperature;
- the condition of the body after strokes and heart attacks;
- pain in the abdomen.
If the poisoning is severe and requires urgent measures to clean up the intestines, the decision on the procedure of enema is taken with BracoM.