How to remove toxicity in the home
Intoxication can occur for many reasons. Its treatment is performed in a hospital or at home. In this article, we covered how to remove toxicity in the home, what medicines you can use before the arrival of the doctor, in what situations must the patient be hospitalized in the hospital.
How does intoxication
The cause of intoxication syndrome can be microbes, toxins, chemicals, foodstuff, medicines, toxic gases, etc. Hazardous substances enter the body through the digestive tract, respiratory system, skin or mucous membranes. Clinical manifestations depend on the type and amount of toxin, the method of its penetration, the individual characteristics of the poisoned person.
Please note that the poisoning with chemicals and medicines often develops in young children, who love to taste and pull in my mouth all that I see around. Cleaning solutions they are taking over sweet drinks, and colorful pills them seem appetizing candy.
The poisoning can be acute or chronic. Given a single massive contact with the toxin develop acute lesions of the body. Chronic toxicity develops with daily contact with a poisonous substance. For example, when working with heavy metals.
Intoxication may be manifested by symptoms and clinical signs listed below.
- General intoxication syndrome. It is characterized by fever, headache, weakness, aching muscles and joints. The stronger the poisoning, the more severe are these symptoms. For some substance-induced state is characterized by a sharp increase in temperature (for example, when poisoning drugs, salts of heavy metals), and some occur on the background of unchanged body temperature (for example, light food poisoning).
- Disorders of the digestive system. At poisoned person may develop nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, intestinal colic, abdominal pain, heartburn, flatulence.
- The defeat of the respiratory system that is most often develops as a result of inhalation of toxins. A person may be a dry cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, rapid breathing, pain in the chest.
- Violations by the cardiovascular system. Depending on the type and amount of toxin can develop hypotension (drop in blood pressure) or hypertension (high blood pressure), slow down or increase heart rate.
- The Central nervous system manifested by the appearance of hallucinations, General convulsions, disturbance of consciousness, falling into a deep coma. The nervous system is the abuse of alcohol, medicines, poisonous mushrooms, etc.
Please note that for each type of intoxication is characterized by its clinical picture. When disturbed the patient's state of health should he find out the possible cause of intoxication, for example, drinking large amounts of medication. This information will help doctors in providing first aid.
How can I help the patient in case of intoxication
To treat intoxication and household poisoning should be under the supervision of a qualified specialist. Self-medicate and guided by the advice of relatives, friends, or information obtained from the Internet, you risk not only the health of the patient but also his life. Only a doctor can objectively assess the condition of the poisoned person and assign the necessary treatment.
When the first signs of acute poisoning or intoxication, you should immediately contact a doctor. If the patient's condition worsens, the symptoms increase quickly, you need to call the ambulance. With relatively normal health of the person, for example, food poisoning mild, you can self-refer to a doctor in a clinic or hospital.
Remember that in case of mushroom poisoning, canned food, drugs, gases, detergents, paints, chemicals should urgently call a team of SMP.
While waiting for the arrival of doctors we can try to independently reduce or remove toxicity of the body. In the case of severe poisoning the patient's life often depends on first aid. Below are its main components.
The cessation of contact with a toxic agent
If a person is in a smoke-filled room or in an environment with polluted air, should be immediately out of there.
The cleansing of the stomach
Lavage gastric cavity helps to get rid of toxins that had not digested or absorbed into the blood stream.
The patient should gulp drink plenty of plain water to cause vomiting. This procedure is not carried out independently in the domestic environment in the following cases:
- the appearance of black or bloody vomiting. This symptom is a sign of gastrointestinal bleeding. In this state it is impossible to wash out the stomach, give the patient something to drink or take;
- when disturbed the consciousness of the patient or in severe alcoholic intoxication;
- in case of poisoning with acids or alkalis. In this conditiongastric lavage through the probe and is done by physicians.
Enema helps with the removal of intoxication. It can help rid your body of bacteria, toxins and poisons. Intestinal cleansing is carried out using boiled water. Its temperature should be room. The enema should be repeated several times. Criterion for effective cleansing of the bowel is the appearance of clean wash water.
Receiving drugs from the group of sorbents
Medicines in this group help to remove diarrhea and lowering the intoxication syndrome. Once in the digestive system, they absorb all the toxins and poisons.
Please note that the sorbents are drugs that must be available in every home medicine Cabinet. Periodically check the expiration date. On its expiry of drugs are dangerous and ineffective.
You can use any of the sorbents, for example:
- activated carbon;
The dosage of drugs indicated in the instructions. It should be read carefully before using this sorbent.
Fluid needed to accelerate the elimination of toxins, reduction of dehydration and intoxication. All the drink should be still and be at room temperature. Allowed to drink plain water, alkaline mineral water, sweet black tea.
Treatment of intoxication at home
Intoxication mild treated at home. Dr. lurid detail to the patient the scheme and the duration of treatment, diet, mode. To change his purpose is prohibited. The types and quantity of medicines, diet depend on the etiology of intoxication, toxic substances.
Severe poisoning should be treated in an infectious or Toxicological Department. Critically ill patients are placed in intensive care, the intensive care unit. Successful treatment depends on timely access to medical care.
Treatment of intoxication syndrome in the home may include the following components:
- bed rest;
- drink plenty of liquids;
- antibacterial drugs;
Treatment of intoxication in the home can be conducted only under the supervision of a physician. Self-medication can be not only ineffective but also dangerous to the intoxicated person. At the first clinical signs of the disease need to seek medical help. Prognosis depends largely on timely access to a doctor and correctly rendered him first aid. With gastric lavage, enemas and sorbents can draw most of the toxins and greatly improve the condition of the patient, and these procedures contribute to a full and quick recovery.