Diarrhea in case of poisoning: treatment, first aid
Today, patients are increasingly turning to the doctor because of liquid stool. Diarrhoea may be entirely different causes, ranging from serious diseases to nervous stress. According to statistics, more often suffer from diarrhea during food poisoning. Consider how to eliminate diarrhea in cases of poisoning, the treatment of this disease and first aid for food poisoning.
Causes of food poisoning
Unfortunately, for this disease no one is immune. Poisoning occurs due to ingestion of pathogenic bacteria include staphylococci, E. coli, Salmonella. The most common causes of poisoning are the following factors:
- Consumption of expired products.
- The adoption of foods that were not stored in accordance with the regulations.
- Unwashed vegetables or fruits.
- Unwashed hands before eating.
- Nadovrazhnoe meat or raw fish.
- Unfit for human consumption mushrooms or berries.
When there is poisoning, diarrhea, vomiting and nausea are the main symptoms of intoxication. In some cases there is increased body temperature.
First aid for poisoning
When the first symptoms of poisoning, the patient should immediately provide assistance. First aid consists of the following manipulations:
- For a start it is necessary from the body to remove toxins and toxins that do not have time to penetrate into the blood. The patient needs to drink plenty of clean boiled water and induce vomiting. The procedure is repeated until then, until vomit is clear.
- Reception of sorbents will help to stop the absorption of pathogens into the blood. The most common sorbent is considered to be activated charcoal. It is necessary to give the patient a drink of charcoal - 1 tablet is for 10 kg of body weight.
- To provide to the victim plentiful drink. The liquid is better to prefer boiled water or herbal teas, infusions and decoctions.
If we are talking about a serious poisoning, which is accompanied by high temperature is also affected if a small child or elderly person, call the ambulance.
Why in poisoning diarrhea occurs
After eating low-quality food into the body through poisons and toxins, thus begins the poisoning of the body. Bacteria in the body in large quantities multiply and die, causing irritation of the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract. At this time, the operation of the intestine, disturbed absorption of salts and water, is excess fluid in the intestine, causing diarrhea occurs.
Diarrhea when poisoning is divided into several types:
- If the diarrhea is watery without impurities, we are talking about secretory diarrhea.
- If, after the act of defecation in the stool visible mucus or blood clots, most likely, this invasive diarrhea.
- There is also an osmotic form of diarrhea, in this case use the liquid not absorbed in a short time out of the body.
Many patients wonder how long the diarrhea after food poisoning? Really specific answer to this question does not exist. The duration of liquid stool depends on the following factors:
- The severity of poisoning.
- Was given first aid and how quickly.
- The health of the patient.
It should be noted that diarrhea in cases of poisoning mostly occurs immediately, this can happen 3-4 hours after eating poor-quality product or maybe 3-4 days.
Treatment of diarrhea in cases of poisoning with drugs
Medications for diarrhea must appoint the attending physician depending on the severity of the poisoning and the individual characteristics of the organism. Consider the most effective means that will help to normalize the stool after the poisoning.
- Regidron. This drug is available in powder form that is Packed in a sachet. Rehydron is needed to restore the body fluids and maintain water and electrolyte balance. To prepare the medicine, one packet regidrona need to pour into the container (1 liter) of boiled water and mix thoroughly. Liquid use at the rate of 10 ml / kg of weight. After about one hour the procedure must be repeated. After each bowel movement solution take a few SIPS, this procedure is necessary to prevent dehydration.
- Filtrum STI. Antidiarrheal adsorbent available in the form of tablets. The drug helps to restore the chair, removes from the body toxins. In compliance with the course of treatment, the patient will notice the improvement and normalization of the chair by about the third day of use. According to the official instructions, filtrum take three times daily two tablet. Before applying, it is desirable to crush tablets into powder.
- Enterosgel. Enterosorbiruyuschee tool is available in the form of a gel, which in turn is able to get rid of diarrhea in a short time. When ingested the drug has protivotoksicheskoe effect and normalizes the function of the intestinal tract. You should pay attention that the drug is absolutely contraindicated in intestinal obstruction. The advantage of thisthe drug is the ease of use when breastfeeding and in pregnancy. Diarrhea drink a tablespoon spoon and wash down with clean water. The reception frequency at least three times a day. Usually the course of treatment is 4-5 days.
- Smectite. This tool is popular with both consumers and physicians. The advantage of the drug is the availability of applications even for infants. To get rid of diarrhea and symptoms of poisoning, one sachet should be dissolved in one glass of warm water, mix well and drink half a Cup 3-4 times a day. The course of treatment is not more than 5 days. The treatment regimen can be adjusted by the attending physician.
- POLYSORB. The drug is available in the form of a powder which must be diluted with water. According to the instructions, 2 teaspoons POLYSORB should be diluted in 150 ml of pure water. Ingest not less than three times a day.
These funds are not a guide to self-healing. Treatment provided for information purposes only. Before treating the illness, a doctor's consultation.
Equally effective in case of diarrhea will be the popular recipes. To cure disease, should give preference to proven recipes.
- Pomegranate peel from diarrhea. Garnet cleared from the berries. Peel a pomegranate cut into small pieces and place in a warm dark place for two days. After the crusts dry, they need to be crushed to powder state. Before use a tablespoon of the dry powder is placed in a Cup and pour hot water. To use before eating 1/3 Cup at least 3 times a day.
- For relief from diarrhea a few peas black pepper and chopped parsley pour hot water, cover with a tight lid. 3 hours later the drink is ready to use. Drink 1/4 Cup before each meal.
- Some umbrellas of dill is placed in boiling water. Boil for 20 minutes. After preparation, the beverage is filtered and cooled to room temperature. Drink 1/4 Cup, three times a day.
If after two days of acceptance of folk remedies is not is diarrhea after food poisoning, be sure to visit the doctor for consultation.