Diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain and weakness: what to do, how to be treated
Increasingly, patients complain of sharp abdominal pain accompanied by diarrhea and nausea. Especially actual this problem in the summer, at this time of the year often occur a poisoning with food. In addition to poisoning, these symptoms can signal about several ailments. In our article we will discuss what to do if stomach hurts, vomits and diarrhea.
Causes of disease
- Diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain, weakness – these symptoms are quite common in both adults and children. Their causes can be quite different. After seeking medical attention in particular, the practitioner discovers that the patient ate the day before, to avoid possible food poisoning.
- These symptoms may be the evidence of a single illness or multiple. For example, discomfort in the abdomen may arise from the adoption of too fatty food. Diarrhea is joined because of a possible intestinal infection, and nausea, in turn, can signal about diseases of the lower respiratory tract.
- Vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain are often found in slimming that you regularly exhaust yourself with various diets. After fasting and taking foods low in calories too experiencing these symptoms.
- If the patient has regularly (over a week) hurts badly stomach, vomiting and diarrhea, most likely we are talking about serious pathology where you need to start treatment as soon as possible. Especially dangerous are these symptoms for young children. If you are concerned about these symptoms for more than three days, you must contact a medical institution.
Among the main reasons of this phenomenon may be observed in connection with climate change or after long periods of stress.
Stomach pain, weakness, nausea and diarrhea are the first signs of the following diseases:
- Basically such symptoms as nausea, weakness, diarrhea and vomiting are the result of food poisoning. Often, the main symptoms are accompanied by increased body temperature. In cases of poisoning by food products should be washed stomach a light solution of manganese, and drink plenty of fluids. This manipulation is necessary in order to avoid possible dehydration.
- These symptoms are also characteristic of acute diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. In addition to the core symptoms, the patient complains of heartburn and heaviness in the stomach.
- Nausea, intestinal upset, pain in the stomach are symptoms of inflammation of pancreas or the cholecystitis. These symptoms disappear only in the complex treatment of the underlying disease.
- If diarrhea occurs more than 7 times a day, vomiting does not bring relief and is accompanied by vomiting, most likely, we are talking about the intestinal infection. If the patient be concerned about such symptoms, the doctor should be immediate.
- If, in addition to main symptoms, there are streaks of blood in the stool, the patient increased body temperature, and are worried about weakness, rather, it is about dysentery.
If these symptoms are caused by food poisoning
If the cause of the discomfort was poisoning, need to be patient and to proceed to a full treatment:
- The first thing to wash out the stomach to rid your body of toxins. For this purpose you can use the usual boiled room temperature water or a weak solution of manganese. The patient should drink at least cups of liquid, and then artificially induce vomiting (with two fingers). The procedure must be carried out before until the vomit will not get transparent color.
- After washing of the stomach is necessary to start taking medication, which in turn fight toxins. Reception of sorbents required for withdrawal from the body of toxins that managed to get into the blood. The most common is activated carbon. It is taken according to the instructions, one tablet per 10 kg of patient's weight. Besides activated carbon, there are more modern drugs such as smectite, enterosgel, Polisorb, filtrum. The dosage of each drug individually, taking the recommended only after consultation with your doctor.
- Another important step in the treatment of food poisoning is to drink plenty of liquids. The main symptoms of the disease are vomiting and watery diarrhea, these factors can lead to dehydration. For this reason, the patient should drink at least a glass of pure water after each bout of vomiting or defecation.
- After the disappearance of symptoms, the patient must be to restore the intestinal microflora. For these purposes experts recommend to drink a course of drugs that restore the microflora. These include: Hylak Forte, Bifidumbacterin, Linex. The dosage prescribed by your doctor depending on the severity of the poisoning.
- If we are talking about the intestinal infection, the treatment necessary for antibacterial drugs (tetracycline, ciprofloxacin).
If these symptoms are caused by disease of the gastrointestinal tract
If nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea caused by various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, it is necessary to begin treatment of the underlying disease:
- To relieve painstomach used antispasmodics such as nosh-PA or drotaverine.
- If pain is observed in the stomach, reduce gastric acidity, for this purpose, experts recommend taking or omeprazole omez.
- If we are talking about chronic gastritis or stomach ulcers, a reception envelop funds. These include Maalox or Almagel.
- To get rid of nausea help drug, such as reglan or metoclopramide.
- An important factor in the treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract is the diet. Should be deleted too fatty, smoked and spicy food. You should also avoid excessively hot or cold foods.
This information is not instruction for self-treatment. Names of drugs provided for informational purposes only. At the first of the above signs be sure to consult your doctor.
If the symptoms are caused by dysentery
The disease is detected after the tests of the feces. If the doctor found the patient dysentery, it is important to start treatment as soon as possible, this will help avoid possible complications. The disease has different degrees of severity, so the treatment of dysentery strictly individually. The treatment is carried out only in stationary conditions, as the disease is contagious. After treatment, re-assign the study of feces. As prophylaxis patients will be advised to observe personal hygiene and thoroughly wash vegetables and fruits before eating.
To get rid of unpleasant symptoms in the home, you can use folk remedies. These recipes will help the patient in the abdominal discomfort and diarrhea normalize:
Experts advise in case of serious diseases to apply this treatment, together with the principal.
- Take one pomegranate and the cleaned skins of the berries. Next, you need to put peel a pomegranate in a warm, dark place until dry. Once the crust becomes brittle, grind it to a powder state. One teaspoon of pomegranate powder placed in a glass, pour boiling water and close the lid. As soon as the drink reaches room temperature, it is necessary to drink a half glass of pomegranate liqueur at the first symptoms.
- Ginger root peeled. Grind using a fine grater and put the resulting texture in a glass bowl. Pour the ginger with boiling water and close the lid. Drink should infuse for at least 3 hours, and then to use after each act of defecation or the urge of vomit 1/3 Cup.
- For making the following recipe we'll need the young leaves of bilberry. 8-10 leaves, pour boiling water, it is advisable to use a thermos. Drink should infuse for at least a day, then you need to take before each meal half a Cup. Treatment blueberry tincture, preferably, a rate that is not less than 7 days.
In order not to become the owner of nasty diseases, such as dysentery or intestinal infections, as well as to avoid food poisoning, you must follow some preventive measures:
- Avoid public swimming pools or saunas.
- After the walk be sure to wash your hands with warm water and antibacterial soap.
- Vegetables and fruits before eating wash with hot water.
- Meat and fish eat only after heat treatment.
- Check the expiration dates before buying the product.
Pork, beef or lamb should be subjected to thermal effects for at least 2 hours.
Observe preventive measures to protect themselves and their loved ones. When the first symptoms of serious diseases, immediately consult a doctor.