The benefits and harms of flax seed, how to take it
Flaxseed is a healthy natural product which is known for its unique properties since ancient times. Even in ancient times, this plant product was used in different fields – cooking, medicine, perfumes. It also continues to be used nowadays, but many are known only bedding that are made of that plant material. But that's not all, flax seeds for man are invaluable because they contain nutrients that are beneficial for health.
Before you start to use flax seed, benefits and harms of this plant component needs to be studied comprehensively. First you need to know the composition.
First of all I should tell you about the calorie content of flax, this information will be particularly relevant for those who use it for weight loss. In 100 grams of product contains about 492 calories. The level of proteins is 85 kcal, carbohydrates – 7 kcal, fats – 442 kcal.
The whole plant contains the following vitamins:
- thiamine – B1. This component provides the release of energy from food;
- Riboflavin – B2. This element takes part in the creation of fat and protein. In addition, it enables you to function the liver has a beneficial effect on the digestive system. This ingredient improves vision, protects the eyes from ultraviolet exposure;
- Pantothenic acid. This component breaks down large amount of fat, it provides the release the energy levels necessary to maintain proper functioning of the human body;
- pyridoxine – B6. This element is used as an additional component in the treatment of toxicosis during periods of childbearing, removes dermatitis, psoriasis, disorders of the nervous system;
- choline. This substance provides for the regulation of insulin in the blood. And also normalizes the processes of remembering.
In addition to the above elements, in the composition of the seeds of flax are the trace elements – iron, magnesium, zinc, sodium, copper and others. All these elements ensure the preservation of the balance of substances in the body, which is required for proper operation of all systems and internal organs.
The benefits and harms of flax seeds
Before taking Flaxseed, be sure to consider the benefits and harms of this plant component.
Flax seed is a storehouse of natural vitamins, which are essential to maintain the health of the human body. Useful properties of flax:
- The high content of phytoestrogens – lignans, reduces blood bad cholesterol. This component helps to eliminate atherosclerosis, and pathologies of the cardiovascular system. Regular consumption of flax provides effective protection against cancer diseases and heart attack and stroke.
- In the plant there is a complex of fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6. They maintain the health of body cells, preserve the cell membrane structure. The shortage of these substances the occurrence of failures in the cardiovascular and nervous systems. In addition, the lack of fatty acids can cause stress, depression, States of chronic fatigue, may decrease the level of resistance to various diseases. Since the synthesis of omega fatty acids occurs in the body, it is important to get outside in sufficient quantities. This will provide enhanced protection of the organism from diabetes, asthma, joint diseases.
- Fiber. The composition of Flaxseed this component is included in a soluble form, so positive effect on the condition of the digestive organs. Fiber coats the stomach wall, will accelerate the excretion of cholesterol from the body, carcinogenic components and other harmful components. Provides good absorption of nutrients that protects the colon from cancer lesions.
- The rich content of minerals and trace elements maintain metabolism, improves health, strengthens the protective properties of the immune system. The most valuable are the antioxidant vitamins A and E, and phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, manganese, amino acids. These elements prevent the production of free radicals, prevent the formation of cancer cells.
Harm and contraindications
If you examine the benefits and harms of flax, you will be able to take it without any problems. But do not forget that, in addition to positive qualities, this plant has negative factors. Harm the seed is that it is not always possible to use in large quantities.
The opinions of many experts disagree regarding safe consumption of seeds of flax. Some claim that the daily dose for consumption should be no more than 25 grams, and others believe that no more than 50 grams. Most importantly, should not be abused. In General, in order to fill in the body of useful components, a day is enough to eat about 20-25 grams of flax.
In addition, it is worth considering that this plant item has some contraindications:
- Notrecommended for women during pregnancy and feeding the child breast milk.
- Do not take the seed of women with pathologies of the reproductive system – uterine fibroids, polycystic, endometriosis.
- It is not recommended for men who have an increased risk of prostate cancer.
- The presence of inflammation or obstruction of the bowel and colitis, pancreatitis, cholecystitis.
- If in the region of the gall bladder has stones.
- In the event of intolerance to the product.
In addition, flax seeds can cause allergies, which is accompanied by the following symptoms:
In what diseases is recommended to use
Regular consumption of flax will allow you to resolve various pathologies of the internal organs.
The indications of the use of flax are:
- Diseases of the heart and blood vessels. By eating flax seed, there is a decrease in blood cholesterol, blood viscosity is reduced, which eventually leads to increased elasticity of blood vessels. All this provides a reduction in pressure and prevent blood clots.
- In disorders of activity of bodies of digestive system. The use of this plant helps to normalize the activity of the digestive organs, restores the metabolism, eliminates constipation, heartburn, inflammation.
- It is recommended in diseases of the respiratory tract. In the use of seeds removed during inflammation tonsillitis, laryngitis, tonsillitis, asthma.
- With a lower immune system. The use of flax increase protective properties of the organism, resistance to various diseases and negative factors.
- Used when cancer tumors. Due to the fact that it consists of fatty acids – omega-3 and omega-6, flax has anti-cancer effects. Often this component is used together with other medicines in the treatment of cancer.
- In disorders of the nervous system. Almost 60% of the full functioning of the brain depends on the amount of fatty acids that come from food. Flax seeds provide improved mental focus, enhanced memory, reduced mental fatigue.
- Recommended for pathologies of the urinary system. The plant prevents the formation of stones in the urinary and gall bladder, and cleanses the bile ducts.
- Used to reduce joint pain. Len relieves inflammation during arthritis, arthrosis, rheumatism.
- You can apply for problems of the skin. Eliminates seborrhea, psoriasis, eczema, acne. Improves the quality of the skin.
- Flax seed many doctors recommend to consume in the presence of diabetes. When used in plant components in this disease is the restoration of the functioning of the pancreas, there is recovery of the endocrine system. Regular consumption of flax reduces the risk of diabetic neuropathy, as well as a decrease in blood sugar levels.
- Shown to apply when vision problems. Due to the fact that the composition includes a vitamin A occurs correcting vision, improves color perception.
Use for the female body
Seeds are a natural medicinal product, which is actively used in almost all fields of medicine. In addition, it is worth noting its benefits for the female body. While women flax is not only composed of various folk recipes for improving health, but also as a cosmetic means.
Due to the fact that it consists of phytoestrogens, with its regular consumption is the elimination of hormonal imbalance, which frequently occurs in a woman's body.
In addition, regular consumption of seeds prevents the appearance of breast cancer. Phytoestrogens provide a normalization of the menstrual cycle the female body.
Also, this herbal product is widely used in the field of cosmetology:
- Addresses issues with dry and oily skin. The use of special masks for the skin on the basis of flax seeds eliminates peeling of the skin.
- And eliminates wrinkles. The composition has a vitamin E – "vitamin of youth", which is able to quickly remove all the wrinkles and improve the skin structure.
- Due to the fact that flax seeds give the skin softness and high elasticity, they are added to many oils for massage.
- Have a positive impact on the quality of the hair.
How to take flax seed
How to take flax seed? This plant product can be used both in raw form and to combine with a variety of products. Most importantly, you need to know recipes, healthy cooking, folk remedies that will help to improve the condition of the heart, digestion, skin, immune system and other internal organs.
Usually along with a yogurt flax is used as a means during losing weight or during exercise.
How to prepare:
- in the glass you should pour the yogurt, about 200 ml;
- then fall asleep 2 tsp flax seed;
- the mixtureinfused.
The ready mixture can be consumed instead of Breakfast or dinner. To drink is on an empty stomach. In order to speed up the process of weight loss a week dose of seeds can be increased to 4 spoons, and a week to 6 teaspoons.
A decoction is usually used to cleanse the body from harmful substances, and to improve the condition of skin.
How to prepare broth:
- In a container filled with 1 big spoon of flax seed.
- Poured half a liter of hot water.
- Keep on low heat for 30 minutes.
- After this, the tank is removed from the fire, closed, wrapped in a towel;
- After complete cooling broth can be consumed.
Drink warm broth should be in the morning on an empty stomach and at night before bedtime. At one time you should drink 250 ml.
Tincture is used for diseases and inflammations of the gastrointestinal tract. It also helps to clean the digestive system from harmful substances, toxins.
Infusion of flax seeds prepared according to the following recipe:
- In a thermos 1 liter should be made to cover 3 large spoons of a linen seed.
- Then pour all of a liter of hot water.
- The flask should be closed and left to stand for 3 hours.
- Further, the infusion should be filtered, the entire cake needs a good squeeze.
Ready infusion should be taken half an hour before meals for 150 ml. is made within 30 days.
Jelly from flax seeds
The jelly is commonly used to treat gastritis, constipation in chronic, ulcerative disease, various intestinal disorders, the jelly has a beneficial effect on the condition of the stomach and improves metabolism.
How to prepare the jelly:
- In the Cup you should pour 1 big spoon of flax seed.
- All poured 500 ml of hot water.
- Infused about 8 hours.
- To improve taste you can put a little honey, cinnamon, vanilla. It can be brewed with chicory, or mixed with jelly from the berries.
When you use it is recommended to drink plenty of water. You should not eat with pancreatitis in an acute form.
Application features during diabetes
Flax seeds are shown to adopt in the presence of diabetes. To do this they need to make a special broth. Additionally added the green beans, the straw of oats and blueberry leaves.
How to prepare a decoction:
- In a container filled with equal parts of bean sprouts, oat straw, blueberry leaves. All must go 2 big spoons of all components.
- Brew 400 ml of hot water and put on fire.
- Boiled for 10 minutes on low heat.
- After this you need to add 2 tsp of flax.
- Next, the broth is removed and infused for half an hour.
- Then the broth should drain.
The finished decoction should be drunk three times a day half a Cup.
How to use during the diseases of the heart and blood vessels
To improve the condition of the heart, blood vessels, and also to prevent various pathologies of these organs are used decoctions of Flaxseed.
The broth is prepared as follows:
- In blender you need to fill up 2 large tablespoons of flax seeds and grind to a fine powder.
- Further, the finished powder should pour 200 ml of hot water.
- All infused for 10 minutes.
Ready broth should be drunk throughout the day for 1/3 Cup.
To improve immunity
Flax can be used to improve the immune system. For this you need to grind 3 small spoons of seeds and mix with 1 tsp of honey. Use the following 1-2 tsp up to three times a day. Also foods you can add Flaxseed oil.
Flaxseed is a useful product that is necessary to maintain health. Regular use of this herbal component will improve the condition of the internal organs, digestive, immune, urogenital systems. But still it should be used correctly, in moderation, and not forget about contraindications.