Yeast: the harm and benefit to human body
The existence of yeast was identified in the nineteenth century the French microbiologist Louis Pasteur. Since then they are popular all over the world. They are used for making all kinds of pastries and drinks. While few people think about what harm and use yeast.
What is yeast and what varieties of them there are
Yeasts unicellular fungi called. In nature, includes more than 1,500 species of such microorganisms. They have a high adaptability to adverse environmental conditions, for example, they thrive in the absence of oxygen.
Fungi found wide application in industry and medicine. This is largely due to their ability to reproduce. But not all types can be used. Some of them are considered pathogenic as they cause a variety of human diseases.
For food production currently uses 4 types of fungi:
- Bakery. With their addition of preparing delicious aromatic bread, various buns and other pastries. They betray the finished product lightness, volume and specific structure.
- Wine. They can be seen in the bunches of ripe grapes. Thanks to such fungi and the process of fermentation of fruits, which subsequently leads to the appearance of the wine.
- Beer. They are used for drinks, baked goods and drugs.
- Milk. With their help the process of milk fermentation and preparation of dairy products.
All versions of this product feature a unique composition, therefore, their use person need.
Wine yeast is a natural whitish bloom on the grape bunches. Therefore, before preparing wine grapes cannot be washed.
That is part of the yeast
Yeast belong to low-calorie products. They are 60% consists of proteins. The human body easily assimilates them. The nutritional value of these fungi is comparable to meat or fish.
A particularly rich composition of different Baker's yeast. They contain the following substances:
- Vitamin B1. It is involved in metabolism, regulate the nervous system.
- Vitamin B2. This ingredient helps to fight skin diseases and enhance visual acuity.
- Vitamin B3. Takes part in building the body's cells, endocrine glands and nervous system.
- Vitamin B6. Rather, it helps the body absorb nutrients, is involved in metabolism.
- Vitamin PP. Experts have discovered that this substance can prevent the development of cancer. In addition, it fights the symptoms of an allergic reaction.
- Vitamin D. Involved in the process of calcium-phosphorus metabolism.
- Biotin or vitamin H. Beneficial effect on the condition of the hair. They become thicker and bulkier.
- Minerals: iron, magnesium, potassium, iodine, copper and others.
- Lecithin. Involved in the construction of cell membranes, normalizes the concentration of cholesterol in the blood.
This is not a complete list of valuable substances contained in the baking yeast. Milk has a similar composition but also includes probiotics, necessary for normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
Useful quality bakery yeast
This kind of fungi we eat every day. They have an impressive list of positive qualities. The use of yeast for the organism consists in the following:
- Strengthen the immune system. They contain beta-glucans, which are considered natural adjuvants.
- Enrich the intestinal microflora. Due to this, improving the digestive process. They increase the production of gastric juice, which leads to complete and rapid digestion of food.
- Have an antioxidant effect. They neutralize the factors that cause oxidation of cells. This helps to slow down the process of aging.
- To reduce the concentration of harmful cholesterol in the blood.
- Help deal with constipation.
- Have the ability to reduce blood pressure.
- Some experts believe that yeast is useful for people with a predisposition to cancer. They are particularly effective for the prevention of pancreatic cancer.
- After the use of yeast skin becomes smooth and clean, leaving hair full of body and silky, the nail plate stratify.
Fungi can be used as an external tool. With their help, manages to cope with acne, seborrhea, eczema, burns and dermatitis. Based on them to prepare the healing mask for the face and hair.
Per day one should eat five to seven grams of the product. In some cases, it is recommended to increase the dosage. Yeast recommended to use for people with reduced immunity, experiencing constant stress, suffering from anemia, skin diseases, cancer, digestive problems.
For therapeutic purposes, the fungi consumed in the form of a drink. For this they are bred in a small amount of warm water. Add a little sugar, bran or other ingredients to improve flavor characteristics. This drink must be drunk by vegetarians to fill the deficiency of protein and other usefulsubstances.
The useful properties of the yeast is lost when they are heated above 60 degrees. Therefore baking these good qualities does not possess.
Harmful quality bakery yeast
Yeast has the fungus and harmful to the body. Among them are:
- Once in the body, the fungi begin to actively proliferate. They feed on carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals that come along with food. Over time a person may experience nutritional deficiencies.
- In the course of their life microorganisms produce antibiotics, which adversely affect intestinal flora.
- Once in the human body the yeast can begin to ferment. As a result of this process formed fusel oil, aldehydes, alcohols and other harmful substances. They have a toxic effect.
- Fungi contribute sozdayut acidic environment. This environment is considered favourable for the life and reproduction of parasites, promotes the development of gastritis, stones in the liver and gallbladder.
- Promote the excretion of calcium from the body. Fungal microflora in the body negatively affects the composition of the blood. As a result of disturbed absorption of calcium.
- Fungi can cause problems with circulation. The result is a large probability of formation of thrombosis.
- The use of yeast has a negative impact on the liver and kidneys.
Damage of yeast for the human body in the fact that in modern manufacturing can be used salts of heavy metals and other toxic substances. Despite the fact that this product has low calorie content to use it people suffering from overweight, it is not recommended. The fact that he has the ability to increase appetite that can cause overeating.
In some cases, the use of this product may cause serious injury. They are best avoided in the presence of the following diseases:
- Allergic reactions.
- Renal failure.
- Individual intolerance.
Yeast in a woman's body can cause the development of candidiasis. Therefore, their application is possible only under the supervision of a gynecologist.
Today, you can find live yeast is very problematic. Most popular product dry is sold in small sachets. Dried fungi are small granules of rounded shape. Their shelf life can reach two years. Thus all the beneficial properties are maintained. So they intensified their enough to dissolve in warm water or milk.
Dry yeast is useful for anemia and as a means to strengthen the immune system. They contain a large amount of protein. It is not recommended to use in gout, goiter, and acute diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Features of brewer's yeast
Brewer's yeast is used not only in beer production, but also for the manufacture of cosmetic and medical preparations. They have excellent purifying, rejuvenating and healing action.
This type of fungus often used for the recovery of the hair. It is believed that he is able to make the hairstyle lush and attractive. But most experts with this opinion do not agree. Their use can trigger allergic reaction and cause severe dandruff.
Brewer's yeast can be purchased in pill form. Manufacturers claim hundred, they are able to exert the following effects on the body:
- Contribute to the rapid recruitment of muscle mass.
- Improve health and enhance brain activity.
- Cleanse the body of toxins.
- Eliminate the effects of stress as a positive impact on the functioning of the nervous system.
- To reduce the concentration of cholesterol.
Such drugs are used for people suffering from diabetes, cardiovascular disease, problems with the nervous system. Contraindications to their use is considered to be pregnancy, kidney disease, hypersensitivity, treatment with the use of monoamine oxidase inhibitors, antidepressants or pain relievers.
Especially dairy yeast
Unlike other varieties of milk yeast is a valuable product for the body. They contain the enzymes necessary for the normal functioning of the body. They have a positive impact on the bowel, help strengthen the immune system.
Dairy fungi contained in yogurt, fermented baked milk, whey, yogurt and other dairy products. They can become harmful only with excessive consumption. But if you drink them in moderation, the benefits will be invaluable.
How to store yeast
Yeast is a product which requires special storage conditions. Purchased briquettes must be kept at a temperature of from 0 to 4 degrees. If you leave them at room temperature, it is usable they will be more than a day. When storing in the refrigerator the shelf life is extended to fourweeks.
To extend the storage time of the fresh yeast you can, if they crumble and mix with flour. Allow the resulting mixture to dry. To do this, lay it on a clean thick paper. Before use, verify the product's shelf life.
Another way to store yeast becomes freezing. To this end, the preform must be free from wrap, cut into small pieces. Each wrap foil. Fold all fold in one plastic bag and tie it tightly. Store in the freezer. The product will remain usable up to six months.
Dry yeast does not require special storage conditions. Unopened they stay fit for a year and a half. You need to keep them in a slightly cool place. Make sure that the bundle does not get direct sunlight. If bag is already open, the shelf life of the product is reduced to two weeks. The yeast is better to pour in a dry glass jar, tightly sealed with a lid and refrigerate. In this state, they can remain usable up to six months.