Is it possible to have chocolate for poisoning and diarrhea
What you can eat in cases of poisoning, which is accompanied by vomiting and diarrhea – this question is often asked by patients who experience these unpleasant symptoms. Many people, once passed the acute stage of poisoning, start to look than they might regain their strength. Sometimes the choice to stop with the chocolate. Is this correct and can I eat chocolate if you have diarrhea, you should understand.
Causes of diarrhoea in cases of poisoning
Vomiting and diarrhea in cases of poisoning usually occur simultaneously. This disorder is a reaction to the penetration of pathogenic microorganisms. These two phenomena are not amenable to any control, but with the right approach they can stop. Even individually, these two violations are very dangerous because they lead to dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.
The main cause of diarrhea is a hit in gastrointestinal tract microbes and their reproduction. The decomposition products of the microbes begin to poison the human body – this leads to toxicity and deterioration of General condition.
For severe course of poisoning, it is recommended to call a doctor, who will prescribe appropriate treatment and will monitor the process to avoid dehydration.
Treatment of diarrhea
Pinning to use medicines is not recommended. This will not only stop the diarrhoea, but will stop the output of harmful microbes and toxins from the body. Emergency treatment of diarrhea involves several steps.
- Do not give the patient no food for at least 12 hours, ideally fasting can last the day.
- To prevent dehydration, the patient must give a lot of drinking. For this purpose, suitable solution regidrona, decoction of dried fruit, a decoction of raisins or non-carbonated mineral water. In order not to aggravate the situation, all drink, give in divided portions, a pair of spoons every 5-10 minutes.
Even if the symptoms of diarrhea disappeared, fasting need to withstand a certain period of time.
- Give the victim any adsorbents which have a home – smectite, enterosgel, APSCO, activated carbon.
- If vomiting and diarrhea lasts for more than a day, you can start taking antimicrobials. In that case, if no improvement took place over two days, the doctors prescribe antibiotics. The dosage and type of antibiotic is selected individually based on the severity of the condition and weight of the patient.
With the right treatment for vomiting and diarrhea quickly stop, but it is important to prevent their recurrence when exiting fasting.
Diet after poisoning
Diet in the treatment of poisoning plays a crucial role. How will properly defined the diet depends on the speed of the final recovery. On the second day after normalization of human poisoning begin to feed. It is possible to give the following products:
- viscous porridge on the water, without adding oil. Use different cereals – buckwheat, rice and oatmeal;
- home nesdobnoe app crackers or cookies;
- baked apples with honey;
- well ripe bananas. Unripe fruits shouldn't, as they contain a lot of starch, enhancing the fermentation;
- compote of dried fruits.
On the second day in the diet of the patient can include a viscous porridge, cooked on a diluted low-fat milk.
The main thing is not to give sweet foods poisoning, including chocolate, as sugar causes fermentation and multiplication of microbes in the gut.
On the third day the doctors recommend to include in the menu for meat products. For this low-fat chicken broth or boiled chicken breast, chopped in a meat grinder. Meat can be mixed with a mashed potatoes without butter, you get a sort of pate.
From the fourth day in the diet include dairy products, it is often bifidokefir. It contains beneficial microorganisms that help restore the gastrointestinal tract. Kefir must be fresh because the drink with the deadline of the implementation will not bring benefits.
Throughout the rehabilitation period recommended the appointment of enzyme preparations and bifidobacteria.
What not to eat with diarrhea and during the recovery
There are a number of products that are not recommended for use during poisoning with diarrhea and during the rehabilitation period:
- Pear – cause heaviness in the stomach and stimulate peristalsis, their consumption will lead to increased diarrhea.
- Melons – melons and watermelons are too watery, increase the absorption of water into the intestine have a laxative effect.
- Citrus fruits have a very strong acidity, irritate and weaken the mucous membrane of the stomach.
- Whole milk increases the growth of bacteria.
- Sugar and sweets increase fermentation in the gut.
- Chocolate – it contains extractive substances, which stimulate the activity of the gastrointestinal tract. Cocoa is acting aggressively against the walls of the stomach and intestines, irritating them and stimulating the production of gastric juice, which irritates the mucous membranes.
- Fatty meats – pork, home chicken, lamb.
Immediately after the poisoning is not chocolate, it is possible to include in the diet a week later after recovery. It is better to use dark chocolate, which is well invigorates and restoresforce.
Some foodies are interested in how safe chocolate and can be poisonous. To poisoning can be anything, if the food is poor quality, stale or eating food too much product.
Chocolate poisoning is rare and the cause is poor quality of the product. Unscrupulous chocolate manufacturers add technical vegetable fats such as palm oil, which is not digested by the human body. In addition, many varieties of chocolate add too much sugar, the volume many times greater than the daily rate. Such a poor quality chocolate is not processed by the stomach and damages the cells. It manifests such changes in health:
- appears constipation or diarrhea;
- join in the infectious pathology of the gastrointestinal tract;
- activates fungi which are peacefully existed in the body, and rashes appear on the skin;
- can occur candidiasis of the mucous membranes.
In addition, the abuse of low-quality chocolate, the pancreas begins to function poorly, which may eventually lead to diabetes different types.
In cases of poisoning by chocolate you need to provide first aid. For a start clean out of reach a chocolate bar, which has become a cause of intoxication. Throw it is not necessary, since when the deterioration of it is not superfluous to show the doctor and send for analysis. Then you need to make gastric lavage large volume of salted water. Washing is continued until until the output water is absolutely clean. You can then do a cleansing enema and give the victim any adsorbent for withdrawal of harmful substances from the body.
Prevention of poisoning with diarrhea
To prevent poisoning with diarrhea, you should observe some simple rules listed below.
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water, especially after using the toilet. If it is not possible to wash hands, it is quite suitable wet wipes with antibacterial effect.
- Not to buy expired products or products with a finite shelf life. They already start to breed bacteria.
- Do not eat products of questionable quality. When buying pay attention to product composition and to try not to take palm oil.
- Take the good habit to wash the bin using a disinfectant.
- Sponge for washing kitchen utensils to change as often as possible. It accumulates a large number of pathogenic bacteria that can go to the kitchenware.
Any poisoning brought a lot of unpleasant moments. Therefore it is better to observe the rules of hygiene to prevent these conditions. If the poisoning has occurred, it is not necessary to panic, everything is curable. To recovery occurred quickly and without consequences, you need to give first aid, and stick to the diet.