Harmful than mayonnaise for the human body
Mayonnaise is one of the most popular sauces in our country. It is added to meat, fish, salads and other dishes. However, we do not always think about what harmful mayonnaise and in what quantities it is safe to eat.
What is included in the composition of mayonnaise
The classic recipe of this sauce means that it contains the following ingredients:
- Vegetable oil.
- Egg yolks.
- Lemon juice.
- Salt and pepper.
The product of these harmful components can't be called. Egg yolks contain albumin and choline, which are extremely important for human health. Mustard contains large amounts of nutrients and vitamins. Vegetable oil is a source of polyunsaturated fatty acids and good cholesterol.
Homemade mayonnaise is modern Housewives cook very rarely. So he'd turned right, you need to have certain skills, and not a quick process, as it requires a long beating. Therefore, most people acquire sauce factory production.
Products honest manufacturers differs little from the classic recipe. Only lemon juice is almost all replaced by vinegar. But the vast majority of modern products produced not according to GOST. In such a sauce can contain preservatives, flavor enhancers, flavorings and other harmful substances. In this case, the harmfulness of mayonnaise for the organism is obvious.
Choosing a product in the store, pay attention not only to the expiration date, but also on the composition of the product. The shorter it is, the better.
Harmful properties of mayonnaise the industrial preparation
The harm and benefit of the mayonnaise will depend on its composition. There are the following properties of the product factory production:
- For the production of the sauce is used specially refined vegetable oil. This treatment process removes from the product most of the vitamin, minerals and proteins. The result is a TRANS fat of vegetable origin. It is not digested by the human body. The particles circulate through the body and deposited on the walls of blood vessels. In the end it leads to their blockage.
- In the manufacture of this product is water. But just mix it with vegetable oil impossible. This resort to the preparation of the emulsion, which includes the lecithin. If in real mayonnaise this ingredient is taken from the egg yolk, then in the industrial product add a substitute for lecithin. It is produced from genetically modified soybean, the influence of which on human organism is still not fully understood.
- To give the sauce a delicious smell manufacturers use flavors. Accumulate in the human body, they can trigger a violation of the liver.
- Mayonnaise is harmful to health because it contained aspartame. It is used as a sweetener. When heated, this substance is converted into poisonous alcohol and phenylalanine. Therefore, it is not recommended to use a commercial sauce for cooking, barbecue and so on.
- Sometimes manufacturers add in the sauce and preservatives like sodium benzoate. Repeated use may develop cirrhosis of the liver.
- In order for the product tasted delicious, it adds flavor enhancers. Usually, it is monosodium glutamate. Its use leads to damage to the walls of the stomach, which can cause bleeding. In addition, this substance can be addictive.
The dangers of mayonnaise on the human body is obvious. So this product is better to eliminate from your diet. Use it only on holidays in small quantities.
The dangers of mayonnaise increases if not properly stored. Closely monitor the expiration dates and store the open pack in the refrigerator.
Harmful than homemade mayonnaise and how much of it you can eat
Homemade mayonnaise is not entirely harmless product. This is due to the following factors:
- One of the main components of the sauce be egg yolks. They contain a large amount of harmful cholesterol. Its excessive use leads to diseases of the vascular system and heart.
- The harm of vegetable oil is its high caloric content. 100 grams of this product contains up to 900 kcal. In this regard, excessive use of mayonnaise leads to the appearance of extra pounds.
- Contained in mustard sauce can cause exacerbation of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Therefore, people with such problems is strictly prohibited even homemade mayonnaise.
Fond of mayonnaise is not necessary. Even the product made from natural ingredients, you can't eat every day. Eat no more than three tablespoons per week, and then health problems do not threaten you.
Alternative to mayonnaise
The best option for your health will be the complete elimination of this product from your diet. It can be replaced easy, but equally delicious sauces. Try the following recipes:
- Enter natural yogurt a small amount of soy sauce. There also send chopped garlic clove, parsley and a few drops of balsamic vinegar. This sauce to give a touch of Oriental dishesfrom fish, meat and seafood.
- Chop the flesh of the avocado, tomato and cucumber. Mix the components and add a little mustard and red pepper.
- Mix low-fat cottage cheese and natural yogurt. To this mixture, add some chopped greens and garlic. This sauce goes great with potatoes and vegetable salads.
- In a blender, chop the parsley and a little garlic. Enter olive oil and a few drops of wine vinegar or lemon juice. This sauce will be a great addition to roasted vegetables and meat dishes.
To prepare the sauces before cooking meals. If you need to store, place in a glass jar and store in the refrigerator.
How harmful mayonnaise, everyone decides for himself. But the undeniable fact is that its use should be kept to a minimum. The only way you can maintain your health for years to come.