How to withdraw caffeine from the human body
Coffee – the favorite of many invigorating drink, which causes a surge of energy, a positive effect on productivity, but also promotes the production of the happiness hormone dopamine. However, overdose can be life-threatening. How to withdraw caffeine from the body, if you accidentally exceed a dose?
What is caffeine
Caffeine is a substance of organic origin, which enters the human body when consumed
- chocolate products.
Drinking two cups of caffeinated beverage or eaten chocolate can cause lead poisoning and cause serious consequences.
In moderate doses the product has a positive effect on the Central nervous system:
- activates the brain;
- improves memory and attention;
- helps you to concentrate.
It is the use of coffee helps a long time to remain awake and not to fall asleep. In addition, the substance has found its application in medicine: it is part of the cardiac stimulants and diuretics.
Effects on the body
The positive properties of the product for the body are:
- giving vigor;
- improvement of mood;
- increase of capacity.
However, there is a downside: caffeinated products are addictive.
Frequent symptoms of caffeine addiction are:
- causeless fatigue;
- the lack of interest.
The lack of the usual coffee in the morning may cause a bad mood and weakness.
Effects on the body caffeine can also be negative. Taking it in large quantities, can provoke unpleasant symptoms:
- sleep disturbance;
- nervous excitability;
- pressure surges;
- frequent urination;
These symptoms are not signs of overdose, and occur with excessive use dose.
How to neutralize harmful effects
Everyone knows that good coffee or strong tea contains caffeine, which in large quantities can be harsh on the brain and heart, and cause indigestion.
Completely neutralize caffeine in the body is impossible. However, you can reduce its negative impact:
- One of the easiest ways is to add in a drink of milk or cream. A protein that is part of their structure, capable of reducing the effects of the toxin.
- In addition, coffee can be put 1-2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Neutralizes the harmful effects of substance ordinary water. To do this, in a Cup, put less coffee and poured more water.
- To reduce the caffeine content in the body will help the use of large amounts of water: it promotes the excretion of substances through the kidneys. The daily rate is 1.5-2 l
- To improve the taste of coffee, as well as Supplement drink with vitamins can some spices. Of spices that can be added to coffee, can note: ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon. In this case the main thing – to observe moderation in order not to lose the taste of the drink.
Another option is the use instead of coffee, black or green tea: the caffeine content is much less and they are more sparing effect on the body.
If a person regularly consume caffeinated substances in large amounts may develop chronic intoxication. To completely get rid of their debris, you should not take any special actions: enough time to abandon their use. Within a few days should start to feel better.
What foods increase the effects of caffeine
Do not combine the substance with heavy food – fried and spicy dishes, so it is possible to increase the burden on the stomach.
A dangerous combination of body can be drinking coffee with brandy or liqueur: it can lead to tachycardia.
You shouldn't use invigorating drink other products containing caffeine: black, or white chocolate, Cola, energy drinks.
In addition, the substance contains some tools from headaches and migraines. That's why after the morning coffee should not take stimulating medicines. Their combination can trigger strain on the heart and nervous system.
How many displays
Caffeine is valid for 2 to 7 hours, depending on the dose. The half-life of caffeine in adults is 5 to 7 hours. The residue can stay in the body for a long time: from 8 to 14 hours. The highest concentration in the body is observed within 1 hour.
All the caffeine derived from the body after 14 hours, and women need a little more time than men.
It is noteworthy that smokers substance extracted from the body twice as fast as the others. This explains the strong need for coffee in smokers.
To stop the use of substances are necessary for 6 hours before bedtime. People with increased nervous excitability – 8 hours before bedtime.
Poisoncaffeinated products is possible. The main symptoms of overdose are:
- strong mental excitement, accompanied by sharp movements;
- the deterioration of visual and auditory abilities;
- numbness of the limbs, paleness of the skin;
- loss of coordination in time;
- nausea, retching;
- upset stomach, diarrhea;
- frequent palpitations;
- drops in blood pressure;
- bleeding from the nose.
These symptoms occur if you take more than 15 mg of substances per 1 kg of weight or 1 liter of beverage.
A lethal dose of caffeine is 10-12 g or 100-150 cups depending on body mass and drink.
People who took caffeinated drink in large doses, is often not capable of self-control, so leave it alone not worth it.
To ensure that the patient oxygen supply, it is necessary to open the window or bring it outside and loosen tight clothing.
Measures of first aid are:
- gastric lavage with artificial induce vomiting, and taking salt laxative;
- the use of any enterosorbent, for example, activated carbon or mixture of Polisorb. The sorbent absorbs the remains indissoluble toxin and ease the condition;
- the provision of copious drinking. The incoming fluid increase urine output and will allow, together with the urine to remove the excess toxin;
- if the patient is tormented by the diarrhea, you should take 1 liter of solution regidron, dividing it into several portions;
- to force the victim to eat a banana. Potassium, contained in banana will reduce emotional tension, relieve muscle tremors, and will also reduce the dizziness and nausea.
When a person is unconscious, you must immediately deliver it to a medical facility.
Antidote substance does not exist. However, in stationary conditions, doctors use special methods of removal of toxin, which contribute to the elimination of residues from the body.
Most often, symptomatic treatment, for example, morphine, neuroleptics, and Pipolfen. The system solutions are administered intravenously.
Caffeine is one of strong stimulants, different acting on each body. Its effect depends on the dose. It is therefore necessary to observe moderation in its use, and also control the number of cups of coffee.