Harmful tea: harmful properties of green and black tea
The rich aroma and full bodied taste make green tea one of the favorite drinks of every second person from early childhood. Who doesn't like to drink a Cup of warm tea, eating a piece of candy or a cookie? In addition, it is a known antioxidant that, according to studies, is the elixir of youth and the prevention of cancer. However, everything is good in moderation. To answer the question of harmful green tea, you should understand how much you must consume this drink and is it a danger to human health.
Dangerous green tea
Green tea can also be hazardous to health. If you drink a lot of tea, and there is no difference – black or green, the body gets a shock the amount of flavonoids – biologically active compounds, due to which the purification of the digestive system. Large daily serving of this drink can cause failures in the functioning of the digestive system and overload the liver and kidneys. Also, do not forget that of green tea have more caffeine than coffee so if you drink it in large quantity, you can just not sleep a wink.
It is believed that if you drink hot tea, there is a risk of throat cancer, not to mention the fact that boiling water burns your esophagus, which can damage the entire digestive tract. Best enjoyed freshly brewed tea, as it the most good, and he is not bitter. Some prefer to drink chilled or very cold tea, which is good quenches thirst and refreshes.
The harm to the green tea for people who have serious problems with the joints, it is also impossible to deny. The fact that in its composition contains the purine, which helps to get the toxins. However, if you drink a lot of tea drinks, this substance can accumulate and be converted into salts, causing considerable damage in patients suffering from rheumatism, arthritis and similar serious illnesses. No wonder, once a person stops drinking coffee, green or black tea, he immediately observed the improvement in health.
Who should not drink green tea
A lethal dose of tea – about 130 cups per day, but it is hardly possible to drink that amount of beer. However, there is a group of people, which doctors strongly recommend drinking green tea, as it's too harmful for them. Condition and diseases in which it is undesirable to consume this drink listed below:
- Pregnancy and lactation. For the reason that green tea is rich in caffeine, it can affect the fetus through the circulatory system, and those moms who like strong tea, you risk to give birth to underweight baby with hypertonus of the muscles. Lactation need to be especially careful and not to lean on a green tea, so apart from excessive nervous irritability, the baby may have problems with sleep. As for pregnant, if you drink this drink on an empty stomach it can cause nausea and other symptoms of toxemia.
- Gastric ulcer or duodenal ulcer, erosion gastritis. Despite the fact that green tea cleanses the digestive system from toxins, it a component of theophylline can prevent erosions and ulcers to heal, as it promotes acidity in the stomach. In addition, tea is harmful for the intestines, because caffeine has a laxative effect and, when such serious ailments is contraindicated. It often happens that the sick from green tea – this occurs because under its action the muscles of the esophagus relax. Can occur retching is common at high pH or in the use of this drink on an empty stomach.
- Insomnia, depression, neurosis. In all these States, the tea reception need minimized, as it is stimulating. In addition, an overabundance of caffeine can cause frequent headaches. This drink might not be too bad to drop it altogether, but in such cases it is recommended to drink only in the morning. But drinking tea with milk at night after such diseases will be very useful.
- Hypertension, diabetes mellitus. If there are problems with the heart and blood vessels, and there are frequent pressure peaks, such drinks as tea, should be used with caution, as they are caffeinated. A lot of cases, that from an overabundance of caffeine of high blood pressure feel sick after a good tea, so if you drink this drink with this disease, the welding must be weak. Tea affects blood sugar levels, so diabetics also need to refrain from drinking.
What tea harm the reproductive system, has not been proven. However, its constant use gives the excitement, and then the lethargy and as a result, decrease in sexual activity.
There are several recommendations on the subject of how to drink green tea, so that it is not harmful to humans:
- do not buy low-quality tea. Green tea bags to buy is not recommended, usually there is pre-packaged tea dust. It is better to give preference to proven producers of loose leaf tea;
- not to drink tea along with alcoholic beverages as this combination gives an additional burden on the liver and kidneys;
- drink tea drink food, but not be attracted to him in the morning on an empty stomach.
When there is a need to clean the body of toxins, green tea can be very useful. However, he does notbe harmful if you drink no more than one and a half liters of this drink a day. Maximum course duration is one week, and the result will be more noticeable if you also eat a lot of veggies and fruits.
Often drink tea in order to recover not worth it, if you want to repeat the course, this can be done not earlier than in a month. But that does not mean you have to completely abandon a favorite healthy drink – green tea is recommended to drink daily two cups, but no more.
Should I refuse to drink, for fear of harm to their health? A couple of cups of tea a day will not harm. In addition, people who lead a sedentary lifestyle and spend a lot of time at the computer, doctors recommend regular use of anti-cancer drink.