The benefits and harms of treatment with ozone (ozone therapy)
Ozone therapy is an innovative method for the treatment of many diseases. In addition, this technique is used in prophylactic and cosmetic purposes. Gas is produced with the help of specific devices, the so-called ozone generators. This gas can be considered an excellent disinfectant that can be used both topically and internally. Intact ozone is injected into the subcutaneous layer and joints, combined with saline or blood the gas is injected directly into the bloodstream. The benefits and harms of treatment with ozone are not yet fully investigated, so many professionals for such a procedure of rejuvenation and treatment are treated with caution.
Ozone therapy is a quite effective technique which in its capabilities is far superior to some modern medications. She took a worthy place in the prevention and therapy of many severe pathologies. Use ozone therapy in different fields of medicine:
- In cardiology. In the complex treatment of many cardiovascular diseases – heart failure, ischemia, angina, hypertension, arrhythmia and atherosclerosis.
- In the treatment of veins. For rapid healing occurs trophic ulcers, as well as in complex treatment of varicose veins.
- In endocrinology. For the treatment of diabetes different type, and in lesions of the nerve endings of varying severity.
- In neurology. With regular migraines, and poor blood circulation of the brain, encephalopathy and degenerative disc disease.
- In complex treatment of chronic bronchial asthma.
- Gynecological problems in women, especially during menopause and mastitis.
Ozone therapy is quite popular among gynecologists, as many women's diseases effectively treated by this method.
In addition, ozone therapy is successfully used by dermatologists and cosmetologists. This innovative technique can help with problem skin, it restores the natural beauty of the skin and heal them. Has a good effect in treating cellulite, acne, neurodermatitis and many other diseases of the skin.
Despite the fact that the harm and benefit of ozone therapy is still not fully investigated, this technique has undeniable advantages. Ozone therapy can be used in conjunction with medication, other therapy, and also the procedure of laser irradiation of blood. But do not think that this procedure is absolutely safe. The ozone therapy has a lot of contraindications, which should definitely be considered.
Before prescribing a course of ozone therapy doctor carefully examines the patient's medical history.
Contraindications for the procedure
List of contraindications of ozone therapy is quite extensive, which is why many experts say that the benefits and harms of this technique is almost equivalent. Although there are providers who claim that this procedure generally carries health risks. To use this method of treatment is not recommended when:
- you suspect internal bleeding, as well as in the presence of large wound surfaces;
- of strong alcoholic intoxication;
- the acute shortage of platelets;
- problems with blood clotting;
- hypersensitive to ozone.
These are the main restrictions on the use of ozone therapy, but the list of restrictions gradually extended, as studied this method of treatment. Particular caution must be observed if the introduction of ozone occurs intravenously.
The calculation of permissible dose of ozone requires an individual approach. Have not clearly defined the calculation algorithms, so most experts rely only on experience.
What is the impact of ozone therapy
Ozone therapy has a positive effect on the entire body in case if it is used correctly. She has such a therapeutic effect:
- Strengthens the immune system, thereby increasing the body's defenses.
- Gives a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect.
- Has analgesic effect.
- Detrimental effect on pathogens.
- Disinfects the body both outside and inside.
The efficiency depends on the amount of ozone which is injected to the patient. Dosage is always calculated individually, based on the General health of the patient.
After the introduction of ozone in the blood appear ozonide specific molecules that enhance the immune system and improve the metabolic processes in the body.
The effects of ozone on cells
The effects of ozone on cells in the human body are not yet fully investigated. But we already know that by direct contact of cells with ozone can form free radicals, which contribute to the destruction of cell membranes, which in turn often leads to cancer.
High concentration of ozone affects the General health of the person. There is a paradox – a small dosage of ozone is not harmful but benefit from it too, no. A large portion of gas, conversely, can have a good therapeutic effect, but at the same time detrimental effect on the cells.
The success of the use of suchrelaxation methods depends on many factors including the experience of the doctor who conducts the procedure.
Types of ozone therapy
In different pathologies, the doctor selects the optimal method of administration of ozone into the body. This necessarily takes into account the peculiarity of the pathology and General health of the person.
Developed a package of measures, which are used for the external treatment of the patient with ozone. There are several methods of such exposure:
- Processing gas in a specific tank. Most often it is quite a thick plastic bag that fits a certain area of the body. This method is prescribed for the treatment of skin diseases, gangrene, Proline and long nonhealing wounds. This procedure disinfects wounds and helps them heal quicker.
- Treatment of ozonated water promotes rapid healing of wounds and improve circulation.
- Ozonated cosmetics. Help some cosmetic issues.
Ozone therapy is characterized by a pronounced rejuvenating effect so often used in cosmetics.
In diseases of the internal organs greater efficiency gives the introduction of gas:
- Subcutaneous injections are used for cosmetic purposes or for treatment of neurological diseases.
- Rectal insufflation – for this purpose, a mixture of ozone with oxygen. The procedure strengthens the immune system, and is also used for the treatment of pathologies of the digestive tract, kidney disease and urology.
- Intramuscular injections give good anti-bacterial effect.
- Intravenous – enhances immunity and improves circulation.
- Water enriched with ozone, is ingesting it has a pronounced anti-inflammatory action and improves the work gastrointestinal tract.
One treatment of ozone therapy won't work, so you need to take a course which consists of 10 procedures. The interval between each treatment is determined individually and may be up to 5 days.