If the antibiotics are harmful for the human body
Antibiotics is a group of medicinal preparations of natural or semisynthetic origin that are used for the treatment of many diseases caused by pathogenic bacteria. The attitude to these drugs is quite ambiguous. Some people are starting to adopt them with or without it, others fearing for their health, do not resort to such medications, even in severe infections. So harmful antibiotics or it's just speculation people, far from medicine?
What are antibiotics
Antibiotics were developed over 70 years ago. They were designed to fight deadly diseases. These substances are able to suppress the propagation of various bacteria at the cellular level. Antibiotics are effective in all ailments that are triggered by pathogenic bacteria.
For manufacturing these medicines are used special substances that are negatively affecting the pathogen, but it does not have a negative impact on human health.
Often confuse antibiotics with antimicrobial agents, which include Biseptol, Bactrim and Metronidazole. All of these drugs are fully synthetic. According to their therapeutic action they are very similar to antibiotics, but they have a different mechanism of action on microbes.
There are antibiotics that act on a certain kind of bacteria, and there are those that act directly on many types of gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria and anaerobes.
When antibiotics harmful
When the first signs of respiratory illness many people immediately begin to take antibiotics, arguing that so you can recover faster. In this case, the treatment is not only inconvenient, but even dangerous to humans. It is understood that the majority of colds are caused by viruses, against which these drugs are powerless.
Antibiotics are harmful to the body and with such infectious diseases as measles, influenza, chickenpox, and rubella. In this case, the antibacterial drugs are appropriate to prescribe only when a viral illness is complicated by secondary infection on the background of a greatly weakened immune system. But even with the complication of the disease, we cannot forget the antiviral and immunomodulatory drugs.
Will not help of different antibiotics in the fight against fungal diseases. On the contrary, the prolonged use of these drugs may trigger the development of candidiasis. Ineffective medications of this group in the treatment of pathologies caused by protozoa, as well as for worm infestations.
In tetanus, botulism and diphtheria, too few to take some antibiotics. In this case, the introduction of a special serum, which may appoint a doctor. When monomachine these conditions only by antibiotics, but damage will not.
To appoint antibacterial preparations should only doctor. While taken into account the results of the analyses which can be identified pathogen. It is understood that the same drug may not be equally effective for all infectious pathologies.
During exacerbation of certain diseases, the doctor may prescribe a broad-spectrum antibiotic a short course. Once the patient's condition improved, he was transferred to antimicrobial drugs and physiotherapy.
Despite the fact that antibiotics are often criticized, the benefits are undeniable. It is worth remembering that before the invention of these drugs people often died from the common cold, which was complicated by secondary infection. Now give the treatment even those diseases that a century ago were considered fatal.
Antibacterial drugs can be administered to adults and children with serious pathologies caused by bacteria. This includes such infectious disease:
- Inflammation of the lungs.
- Infectious diseases of the digestive tract.
- Diseases of the genitourinary system.
- Skin pathology.
- Venereal disease.
- Postoperative complications.
Properly chosen antibiotics will help to quickly get rid of the disease and will reduce the risk of various complications to a minimum.
In the production of antibiotics is precisely calculated the dosage of the active substance, which can have a detrimental effect on pathogenic bacteria, but will not be harmful to the body as a whole.
Many antibacterial drugs permitted to take in combination with other medicines. But in this case, need expert advice.
In many cases, antibiotics are not selective, and immediately kill as pathogenic and beneficial microorganisms, which leads to dysbiosis and other pathological conditions. In the treatment of these drugs can be side effects:
- Some antibiotics affect fetal development, so they are rarely prescribed in the first two trimesters of pregnancy.
- Antibiotics penetrate into breast milk and can have a negative impact on infants, therefore, these drugs tend notto designate the period of breastfeeding.
- Antibacterial drugs irritate the lining of the stomach and intestines. Due to this can worsen the gastritis or ulcer.
- Drugs of this group cause disruption of the normal microflora in the intestines that leads to severe dysbiosis.
- Hypersensitive to antibiotics can be serious disorders in the kidneys and liver.
- In some cases, antibacterial drugs lead to severe allergic reactions. It can be not only skin rashes but swelling.
- Can be disorders of the nervous system and the vestibular apparatus. It can be accompanied by disturbance of consciousness and hallucinations.
Because of the frequent administration of antibacterial drugs, the body loses the ability to fight different infections. In addition, very often there is a special bacterial resistance to drugs in this drug group.
It is very dangerous to take antibiotics without a prescription. In this case, you may develop a superinfection, which is difficult to treat.
Features of treatment with antibiotics
To reduce the toxic effect of antibiotics of drugs on the body, should adhere to these recommendations:
- You cannot begin to take such drugs at the first sign of a cold. At a temperature up to 38.5 degrees, the body itself fights with the infection.
- Antibiotics can be prescribed for respiratory disease only if fever persists for more than 5 days. It speaks to the complication of the disease.
- Medication prescribed by the doctor should take the full course, even if the improvement came early.
- At treatment by antibiotics it is necessary to simultaneously take probiotics. This will prevent goiter.
If treatment with antibiotics has not been for 3 days, you must inform your doctor!
Antibacterial agents undoubtedly necessary for the treatment of many infectious diseases. But they can be taken only by the physician and in strict accordance with its recommendations.