How useful is glucose: benefits and harms for a person
Glucose is a natural monosaccharide, also called grape sugar. Is contained in some berry crops and fruits. A large number of substances included in the composition of grape juice, hence its name. How useful is glucose for a person how important it is for your health?
The value for the body
Glucose is a colorless substance with a sweet taste, which can dissolve in water. Penetrating the stomach into fructose. Glucose in the human body necessary for the implementation of photochemical reactions: it takes energy to cells and is involved in the metabolism process.
Useful properties of crystalline substances:
- contributes to the smooth operation of cellular structures;
- entering in cells, monosaccharides enriches their energy, stimulates inter-cellular communication, resulting in oxidation and biochemical reactions.
Element capable of independently synthesized in the body. On the basis of simple carbohydrate made medical devices, intended to fill its shortage in the body.
Grape sugar is produced in different forms:
- In the form of tablets. Glucose tablets are useful for improving overall health, increasing physical and mental abilities.
- As a solution for IVS. Used to normalize water-salt and acid-base balance.
- In solution for intravenous injection. Used to increase the osmotic pressure, as a diuretic and a vasodilator drug.
Opinions about grape sugar is contradictory. Some argue that the substance triggers obesity, while others consider it a source of energy, without which a healthy person can not do a single day. What are the benefits and harms of glucose for the body?
In the human bloodstream, the substance shall always be present. Simple carbohydrate gets into the internal organs along with food.
Dissolving in the digestive tract, food is broken down into fats, protein compounds and carbohydrates. The latter in turn are broken down into glucose and fructose, which, penetrating into the blood stream, distributed to cells and internal organs.
The product has properties:
- participates in the processes of metabolism. With its deficiency, people feel malaise, fatigue and drowsiness;
- is the main source of energy. Taking a small amount gluconeogenesis food, it is possible to recover;
- normalizes the heart;
- used for medical purposes in the treatment of many diseases: hypoglycemia, poisoning, brain pathologies, liver disease, infectious diseases;
- nourishes the brain. This monosaccharide is the main food for the brain. Deficiency can cause deterioration of mental abilities, difficulties with concentration;
- satisfies hunger;
- relieves stressful conditions.
Carbohydrate can correct the psycho-emotional state, improve mood and soothe the nervous system.
Glucose can cause the body harm. Patients with metabolic disorders and the elderly should not abuse products containing large amounts of carbohydrates. The overabundance of a substance can lead to negative consequences:
- the appearance of fatty deposits, obesity;
- the disorder of metabolic process;
- malfunction of the pancreas, which in turn negatively affects the synthesis of insulin;
- increase the amount of cholesterol in blood, atherosclerosis;
- the formation of blood clots;
- the appearance of allergic reactions.
The norm and the consequences of the rejection
The necessary rate of glucose in the body – 3,4-6,2 mmol/l. In case of any deviations from the limits may have serious disorders.
Deficiency of insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, a substance is not absorbed in the body, does not penetrate into the cells and concentrated in the bloodstream. This leads to starvation of cell structures and their death. This condition is a severe pathology, and in medicine is called diabetes mellitus.
When an unbalanced diet, long diets, and under the influence of certain diseases in humans can reduce blood sugar. It threatens the deterioration of mental abilities, anemia, and hypoglycemia. The lack of sugar has a negative impact on the functioning of the brain, and affects the whole body.
The excess of the monosaccharide can lead to the development of diabetes, damage to the nervous system, organs of vision.
Excess substances penetrating into the bloodstream, adversely affect the blood vessels, which leads to the deterioration of the functions of vital organs. Subsequently, this can lead to atherosclerosis, heart failure, blindness, and kidney pathology.
That is why to use gluconeogenesis products should be adhering to acceptable standards.
The daily rate of glucose calculated from the weight of the patient: a person weighing 70 kg to 182 g of substance. To calculate your need for sugar, you need a lotbody multiply by 2.6.
In some cases, requires additional consumption of glucose. Often , specialists prescribe a remedy in tablets with poor nutrition. In addition, it is used:
- during pregnancy, insufficient weight of the fetus;
- during intoxication of drugs and chemicals;
- in hypertensive crisis, severe drop in blood pressure and deterioration of blood supply of some organs;
- for recovery after poisoning and dehydration resulting from diarrhea and vomiting;
- in the recovery period after surgery;
- in the fall of blood sugar, hypoglycemia, diabetes;
- at pathologies of liver, intestinal infections, increased bleeding;
- after a prolonged infectious diseases.
Askorbinka glucose is especially useful for the growing organism. The scarcity of the product during active growth of children can lead to degeneration of the skeletal muscles and destruction of the teeth.
In addition, the use of the tablets will help make up for the lost vitamin C in smokers, who lose it in the process of Smoking.
Very unpleasant consequences to human life can result in exceeding the permissible norms by 4 times. The abuse of sugar and other sugary foods can cause flatulence, vomiting, diarrhea.
An extremely dangerous overdose of glucose for diabetics, which can cause a variety of complications. To suspect an overabundance of the element can be symptoms:
- frequent need to urinate;
- failure of the heart;
- disorder of visual abilities;
- disturbance of consciousness;
- dry mouth;
- intense thirst;
- lethargy, lack of energy;
- itching of the skin.
These symptoms manifest themselves, usually in single cases of exceeding dose.
People with diabetes, increases the likelihood of complications of the disease. Diabetics are often concerned about hard-to-heal wounds, brittle bones, blood clots, pain in muscles, increased cholesterol.
Thus, the content of glucose in the blood must be at a certain level. Any deviation from the norm provoke disorder of the endocrine system and metabolic disorder, which, in turn, negatively affect the General condition.