Tar shampoo – the benefits and harms
Shampoo on the basis of tar is not accidental in great demand. Problems with hair and dandruff make people look for traditional recipes for restoring and rejuvenating the hair and scalp. Tar is one of the best substances used for the care of the hair, but before buying a therapeutic agent is to understand what the benefits and harms of tar shampoo.
What is the tar
A substance produced from birch bark. As a result of processing turns a dark mass with a viscous structure and a specific aroma. The composition of the tar consists of various trace elements and essential oils with healing properties. In a small amount of product included in many cosmetic preparations.
The medicinal qualities of a substance allow it to be used to eliminate many diseases. Often it is used for the treatment of skin rashes, herpes and psoriasis.
In addition, it has the following properties:
- promotes healing of fractures and wounds;
- eliminates bacteria;
- positive effect on blood circulation;
- relieves pain and itching;
- dries weeping wounds;
- stabilizes emotional background;
- it is used to treat respiratory tract;
- relieves inflammation and irritation;
- removes parasites.
The maximum effect is achieved when using the product in pure form.
Thanks to its unique composition tar shampoo often used for medicinal purposes. Useful properties of included substances allow it to be used in the treatment of many problems of hair.
Medicinal shampoos based on tar possess the following qualities:
- exfoliate dead skin scales;
- disinfect the skin of the head;
- relieve inflammation and irritation;
- eliminate itching;
- regenerate damaged skin;
- contribute to the recovery process of the epidermis;
- reduce the fat content resulting from the strengthened work of sebaceous glands;
- rid of dandruff;
- stimulate hair growth;
- treat psoriasis, seborrhea;
- eliminate hair loss;
- nourish hair follicles;
- destroy germs, fungus and lice;
- improve the condition of curls, giving them Shine and volume.
The systematic application of funds has a positive effect on the external and internal condition of hair, but frequent use can cause harm.
Despite the obvious benefits of birch tar, it can have a negative impact on the skin. Most often this happens when incorrect use, excessive doses, and continued use.
Most often this product is:
- the irritation of the skin;
- allergic reactions;
- itching and flaking of the skin;
In addition, the unpleasant smell of tar means it is, and not always easily tolerated by some people. However, such reactions occur in rare cases: purchase shampoos contain a minimal amount of substance, diluted by other ingredients.
Before buying a product, consider its small drawbacks:
- persistent bad breath;
- the ability to glue strands after application;
- inability daily use;
- may lead to fly-away and dull looking hair.
Be wary tar the funds are used for increased dry hair and split ends.
People with light hair, must use product with caution: with continued use it can make their color darker. In addition, it is contraindicated to people having allergic reactions to the active substance.
Indications for use
Problems with hair currently bothering a lot of people. Common causes of the poor state of the scalp are unfavorable environmental conditions, poor nutrition and stress.
Medicated shampoos on the basis of birch tar will help to give the hairline a healthy and positive impact on the scalp. The substance can affect the hair follicles, penetrating the upper layers of the skin and saturating them with useful microelements.
Tar shampoos are often used in the presence of the following problems:
- seborrheic eczema;
- excessive dryness of the epidermis;
- allergic dermatitis;
- fungal disease;
- hair loss;
- atopic dermatitis;
- itching and redness;
A quality product contains only natural ingredients without extra additives that impair its therapeutic effect. Such funds even at regular application will not have the desired impact.
From the lice
The active substance can effectively get rid of the organisms, parasitic on the skin of the head. Due to antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties and specific smell without harm for health will destroy the lice will heal wounds and will positively affect the General condition of hair.
Medicated shampoos can be purchased atready in stores and drugstores, or make your own.
For cooking in the home will need the following ingredients:
- natural baby soap that does not contain dyes and additives;
- birch tar pure and simple.
Soap is converted in soap chips by using a grater, put in a pan and put in a water bath. Gradually add the tar to obtain a homogeneous mass. The mixture is removed from the heat, cool and infuse for 2-3 days.
In addition, head lice can be bought tar soap which is also effective against nits.
Soap rubbed on a grater, mixed with water and heated. The resulting mass is abundantly applied to the strands, carefully rubbing into the skin. The mixture was kept on the hair for 20-30 minutes, then wash away, gradually biting on brushing with a comb with small teeth.
This recipe can be used to prevent, stirring the mixture with a normal shampoo.
From hair loss
In ancient times, the pure tar is eliminated baldness. Substance includes unique compounds – phenol, essential oil, organic acids, which feed and stimulate the growth of locks. Means on the basis of tar can eliminate breakage and loss of hair, and add curls splendor.
Thanks contained in the composition a highly concentrated allantoin, they start a process of regeneration of the follicles, stimulate local blood circulation, thereby strengthening the roots and helping hair growth.
To get rid of the problem, don't get too carried away with shampoo. Maximum course of therapy is a month and a half, then make a break for 60 days.
In addition, people with increased dryness of the scalp, do not use tar tools that will further lead to a drying effect.
Dandruff is one common problem which I dream to get both women and men at any age. Many people have long given preference to natural cleaning products that do not contain any additives or fragrances.
Penetrating into the epidermis, the active ingredient stimulates blood flow to the follicles, cleansing the epidermis of the Horny scales.
When purchasing shampoo, consider the other ingredients included in it. Most often the treatment is aimed at eliminating certain problems:
- antifungal drugs used for the treatment of herpes and seborrhea;
- kertonegoro means additionally include zinc and salicylic alcohol, which are capable of reducing the fat content and restore cellular nutrition;
- antibacterial shampoos contain antibiotics, which successfully eliminate the festering sores, reduce inflammation and are used mainly in the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis.
Duration of treatment depends on the stage and type of disease, some cases require systematic treatment.
How to apply
How to use tar tools not too different from traditional shampooing. To get rid of problems with hair and scalp, you must follow the basic rules:
- shampoo apply to wet hair, after mixing it with water and staniv in his hands;
- apply the mixture must massage and RUB in gently;
- keep the hair for a few minutes, then rinse with warm water.
To avoid the sticky strands, and to get rid of the unpleasant smell after washing, rinse hair with water with lemon juice, vinegar or plain balm.
The tar in any form is not used too often or constantly: this can cause boils. It is best to alternate with a regular cleanser.
The therapeutic effect can be achieved by applying it 2-3 times a week rate 1-1,5 months. However, the duration and frequency of use is individual, and depends on the complexity of the disease and selected brand product.
How to choose
Currently, in pharmacies and stores you can find a large variety of products based on tar. The most popular brands are the following:
- "First aid kit Agafia" – budget domestic product, proven best side in the fight against dandruff, dryness of hair, seborrhea, and germs. Has a sharp unpleasant aroma, which, however, disappears quite quickly.
- "911" is one of the known means used against fungus, seborrhea, psoriasis and for getting rid of fat. Leaves no unpleasant smell after washing, but has temporary effect.
- "One hundred recipes of beauty" – another product of Russian production with an affordable price. Eliminates itching and dandruff, revitalizes hair, regulates sebaceous glands function.
- "Lubriderm" suitable for all hair types. Effectively clears the epidermis from dead skin flakes, grease, restores growth, strengthens follicles, normalizes the sebaceous glands.
- "Friderm" is recommended to eliminate seborrheic dermatitis, psoriatic plaques and dandruff. Constricts blood vessels, gets rid of fat, but the bad foam.
- "Tervapuun Tuoksu" – Finnish drug that can be used for daily care. Soothes inflamed skin,beneficial effect on the condition of hair, eliminates breakage, eliminates dandruff.
The least effective brands are also "Alopex", "Psorinum", "Belita Vitex".
A careful study of composition will help you choose a quality product: the tar must be in the top of the list. Otherwise, its application will not bring the desired effect. Only natural products containing in its composition a minimal amount of additives, or exclude them altogether, will help to cope with the problems and restore the health of hair.