Flaxseed oil: benefits, harm and how to take it
About the benefits and harms of Flaxseed oil written a lot of literature, conducted a lot of research in the field of its effects on the body. In addition to food products, as well as the use as a coating for wood products in the manufacture of environmentally friendly linoleum, in the manufacture of various oil colors for artists and designers of premises. Made from flax fabric, which has a very high strength, aesthetic characteristics. In such clothes it is cool in summer, it is hygienic, pleasant to the body. However, the application in food remains the most popular use of Flaxseed oil, especially for lovers of healthy food.
The benefits of Flaxseed oil for the body
Having a very specific sweet taste, this product may not be the favorite of those who are not used to it. Unrefined flax oil is cold pressed also, not all love because of a pretty strong kind of flavor. In this article, the reader learns all about linseed oil: its composition, benefits and harm, the scope of what it helps who should not, what it eats and what it treated.
The benefits of Flaxseed oil for the body is very significant. Our ancestors lived in the areas that are always rich in vital food providing a complete diet. And in this case to compensate for the missing fat, vitamins and minerals helped them that is linseed oil, which are easy to grow in the mid-latitudes on the plains. In addition to essential vitamins, it still contains valuable linolenic omega-3 acid, linoleic omega-6 and oleic omega-9 acid. This unique formula can substitute the fish diet, rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids omega-3.
Flaxseed oil also contains:
- Tocopherols, of which forms of vitamin E;
- plant hormone estrogen is necessary to women;
- folic acid;
- b vitamins;
- vitamins a and C;
- vitamin K is responsible for the metabolism and normal functioning of kidneys;
- vitamin F – the community of essential fatty acids needed for metabolism.
Why use flax oil? As this product dries quickly, its application extends to the impregnation of wood in home decoration or furniture. Soaked so the wood will last longer, will be protected from the parasites, but at the same time will retain their environmentally friendly properties. Based on it you can also make a fast drying lacquer or varnish, which will serve for the processing of wood surfaces. Everyone knows the linoleum and initially consisted mainly of linseed oil and linen cloth and it eventually became part of the PVC. Although clean linoleum original sample can be made today. Linseed oil is also used in painting in the manufacture of oil paints and solvents.
Very useful the use of oils in food, it is widely used in medicine, and simplifies the way of its acceptance – today you can buy jelly capsules, linseed oil and take them as supplements.
The most effective way to help the body choice is unrefined flax oil is cold pressed, which is extracted by cold pressing of flax seeds without heat treatment. This method allows you to keep all the nutrients intact.
Flax oil should be protected from sunlight to prevent violations of its structure. By the way, why were most often linseed oil is sold in dark glass.
Effects of Flaxseed oil:
- the health of blood vessels, the lowering of elevated cholesterol in the blood, elasticity of the vascular walls;
- the normalization of the gastrointestinal tract, which restores its peristalsis, len removes inflammation from the gastrointestinal tract, which can also be the cause of constipation;
- in addition to its anti-inflammatory and antiparasitic actions in the gastrointestinal tract, flax oil is also essential for the liver favorably on her acting and work by normalizing;
- diseases associated with breathing – with asthma, pneumonia, bronchitis – use of Flaxseed oil can alleviate the condition of the patient, diluting the phlegm, removing blood clots,
- female plant hormone estrogen helps women with menopause, and restores hormonal balance after childbirth or any stress;
- flax seed oil perfectly regenerates tissue, promotes wound healing, improves skin elasticity;
- prevents endocrine disorders, promotes weight loss and normalization of metabolism.
In addition to the oil for food, you can take flax seeds – this method is suitable for cleansing of the stomach and intestines of toxins. To do this in the morning on an empty stomach 30 minutes before eating need to eat, carefully chewing, about one tablespoon of dirty seed. This practice is good for the face, if it has rash: regular use of flax seed will eventually lead to its cleanliness, as it will decrease the amount of toxins in the blood produced by contaminated intestine. Still, this remedy will serve to improve health, normalization of stool and other effects, which lead to purgation. Chewed flax seed is good because it creates the effect of a scrub and gently cleanses the intestinal wall without causing any side effects.
Methoduse of Flaxseed oil
To detect a persistent effect of Flaxseed oil, you need to regularly receive it in at least a few months. Just 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a day to get the desired improvement. Oil can be added to food to fill them, salads or cereal, or taken separately from food.
How to use Flaxseed oil:
- for good digestion you should take oil on an empty stomach, and during the day before eating to establish peristalsis, to recover and eventually remove the inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract;
- gastritis with small portions should be divided into several receptions and drink oil a glass of warm boiled water;
- when liver problems, regularly consume a small amount of oil with food;
- when cardiovascular dysfunction requires prolonged intake of oil, which must be accompanied by the supervision of your doctor, the reception method standard – 1-2 tablespoons a day for one or more steps;
- to improve metabolic processes, skin and hair and weight oil is taken half an hour before meals 2-3 times a day;
- linseed oil applied to the skin to treat the joints to soften and heal wounds;
- it has a cosmetic effect, therefore, on its basis it is possible to make masks for face, hair or hands.
Crude oil cannot be heated because when heated, disappear valuable ingredients – vitamins and minerals.
Recipes with flax oil:
- excellent gastronomic properties of cottage cheese with flax oil and salt. For cooking you need to mix all the ingredients in the desired proportions, but it should be remembered that linseed oil is quite oily, so for 100 grams of curd will be enough 1 tsp. Well with dish fennel and garlic, which you can also add;
- filling of boiled potatoes with linseed oil instead of butter. Goes well, especially with onions and sour cream. Boil the potatoes in their skins, clean it and put it on a plate or dish, next put the chopped onion and fresh white cheese or sour cream, add linseed oil;
- muesli with linseed oil. Concentrated healthy food. Need low-fat cottage cheese, some yoghurt, a sliced banana, raspberries, honey, nuts and muesli. First mix the cheese with butter and yogurt until smooth. Then gently hammered into the mass of fruits, berries and muesli. Alternatively, it is possible to sprinkle a lot on top, not stirring it.
- Flaxseed oil goes well with any dairy products – be it cheese, sour cream or cheese. You can safely experiment with salads on the basis of the feta, or cheese and flax oil.
Flax oil should not be stored for longer than 2 weeks after opening. This product is very quickly oxidized, acquiring a bitter taste and loses the useful properties.
On how to take flax oil to get maximum absorption, there are several opinions:
- nutritionists usually recommend taking supplements in the morning with food;
- also, it is believed that drinking oil on an empty stomach – in particular, when digestive problems and inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract;
- take oil several times a day or once depending on the ability of the body. Intolerance to large amounts of fat daily dose are crushed;
- in the prevention or treatment of serious diseases, such as atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease, diseases of other organs the rate of daily consumption of Flaxseed oil should be very long – at least 4-6 months.
Unless you are drinking and add to food oil can be applied topically the method of rubbing, which is important for the joints of patients. Part of the oil acid is able to restore joint flexibility and health. This requires a little warm oil in his hands, or to use warming devices. Preheating temperature should not exceed 60 degrees.
Linseed oil for pregnant women and children
It is worth noting the special favor for women product such as linseed oil: for menstrual cramps, irregularities of cycle, hormonal failures in the field will help the plant hormone estrogen, which is in this product. Beneficial properties for pregnant women and breast feeding is indisputable – almost no contraindications, this oil has a rich composition of vitamins, which will restore the vitality of the mother's body and gives the child through breast milk nutrition.
In the body of a pregnant woman, there is a need for polyunsaturated acids of omega 3, 6 and 9, which are extremely rare in nature, and independently to develop the body is not able. These acids participate in the formation of cellular structures, transmit nerve impulses from the woman and fetus, as well as develop the nervous system of the latter. Comes to the aid of linseed oil, which ensures the pregnant woman's body essential elements. The content of omega-3 is also in fish oil, but Flaxseed oil contains more of this component twice.
Also Flaxseed oil has a positive effect on blood viscosity, which is important among pregnant women. It promotes better brain development in the fetus, it is used as a healthy pregnant woman, soand with the threat of miscarriage or complicated pregnancy.
Flaxseed oil can be extremely important in children who are actively in need of useful components of a healthy diet and contributing to their further development.
You need to ensure no allergies to linseed oil in its application in children.
Children may be allergic to linseed oil, so it is carefully to give children up to 3 years. This should be done after consultation with the pediatrician. After 3 years, allergic reactions are also possible, so the first batch of oil we need to make small and closely monitor the body's response for some time. In the absence of allergic manifestations, the oil quantity gradually increase, but it still should not be too high – a teaspoon for a child is enough.
Harm Flaxseed oil
The fresher the oil, the sweeter it is. But very quickly, especially with improper storage, the oil becomes bitter flavor, which is enhanced with time – this is caused by the main damage of linseed oil for the body. This oil in food can not be accepted, it is suitable only for technical purposes. Flaxseed oil can become bitter after a week after opening the bottle – this is the feature of this product, which is very rapidly oxidized upon contact with air.
Choose the correct oil in the store: quality linen, like any other oil, depending on the duration of the development and bottling. Bottling day should coincide with the date of manufacture, and the oil is fresh, the more chances that it will not taste bitter.
If fry or unrefined linseed oil, you can get a dose of carcinogens from both the hazardous "fast food". The fact is, all nutrients, which is so rich in linseed oil, when heated become poisonous. It must be stored in the refrigerator, away from sunlight, in a tightly closed glass.
Even the most useful product, and Flaxseed oil is no exception – can cause individual intolerance, but even if not, various unpleasant symptoms may cause too much consumption of the product.
Too much drinking of oil, and intolerance weakens the chair, which can lead to diarrhea. Possible allergic reactions, increased blood clotting. The baby is breastfed if the mother's diet with lots of flax oil can also produce diarrhea.
Most useful flax seed for women – its components are indispensable for the organism, although men will not be superfluous to make linseed oil for the prevention of diseases of the blood vessels, gastrointestinal tract, and male genital dysfunctions. The harm of Flaxseed oil for women and men is possible only when you are hypersensitive.
People taking medicines to thin the blood, lowering the level of sugar or cholesterol, the flax seed oil must be confirmed with your doctor. When laxatives oil from flax also need to be taken with caution. Pregnant women should remember to be careful regarding all products including linseed oil, it should not be taken more than 1-2 tablespoons per day.
In the presence of certain chronic diseases the use of linseed oil has contraindications. So the possible harm the use of linseed oil will cause cholecystitis, cholelithiasis, hepatitis, pancreatitis.
There are several types of oil, like any other it can be made refined or unrefined. The maximum amount of vitamins is maintained only in the case of unrefined cold extracts, but the purified oil can also be helpful, albeit to a lesser extent.
What is better – refined or pomace oil cold – depends on several factors. First, you need to define the purpose and use – if the oil to do the massage, that is fine, cleaned. It is also essential for frying or other processing temperature. Cold pressed can be used only for filling of ready meals and as remedies, as well as to replenish body with the necessary elements, acids and vitamins. Second, the purified oil is perfect for industrial purposes that require it cleaned refined product having no sediment and has a uniform texture.