How to restore intestinal flora after antibiotics in adults and children
For the treatment of many diseases, experts recommend the use of antibacterial drugs. Along with harmful microorganisms such means kill the beneficial bacteria. This adversely affects the entire digestive system. Today developed many ways on how to restore intestinal flora after antibiotics. Used as medicines and simple home remedies. Everyone will be able to choose the method that fits him.
How antibiotics affect the gut
The main objective of antimicrobial drugs becomes the suppression of pathogenic microflora. Some medicines affect the cell wall of bacteria, while others destroy its genetic information. At the same antibiotic may not work selectively. It kills all microorganisms that are present in the intestine, including useful to humans.
The process by which there is an active inhibition of beneficial microbes in the gut is called dysbiosis. It has a negative impact on the health of the entire digestive system, disrupts the intestine, reduces human immunity, impairs the absorption of vitamins. To avoid dysbiosis after taking antibiotics impossible. Therefore, immediately after completion of primary treatment is necessary to restore the microflora of the stomach and intestines.
Symptoms of dysbiosis
Disturbance of the natural balance of microorganisms can be accompanied by many unpleasant symptoms. They include:
- pain, that are of a spasmodic character;
- odor from the mouth;
- unpleasant taste in the mouth;
- alternating diarrhea and constipation;
- an allergic reaction to certain foods, which had not been previously observed.
Dysbiosis, among other things, adversely affects the condition of hair, teeth and nails. The skin changes its color, becomes grey and unattractive. This is due to the fact that disturbed absorption of nutrients and vitamins. Therefore, the treatment of the problem should begin without waiting for adverse reactions.
The main recommendations to restore microflora
To restore the gut after antibiotics will help adjustments to lifestyle. It is necessary to observe following recommendations:
- Move more. Physical activity improves the digestive tract and help maintain muscle tone. But don't overdo it, as increased load will only aggravate the problem.
- To abandon the use of alcoholic beverages and tobacco.
- To adopt a rational diet. Eliminate the use of semi-finished products, fatty and fried foods.
- To normalize the emotional state. To organize a complete rest. If you suffer depression or apathy, you need to undergo a course of therapy.
- Is recommended to take vitamin-mineral complexes.
- Food must be fractional. Organize a day at least five meals. This will help evenly distribute the load on the digestive system.
Pay special attention to drinking regime. Every day you must drink at least two liters of pure water.
Adhering to these recommendations, you will be able to restore the gut quickly to cope with dysbiosis.
Quickly deal with the problem will help specialized drugs to restore the microflora of the intestine. Intended for this tool can be divided into three large groups:
- Probiotics. The composition of these medicines includes beneficial bacteria. Use of such drugs can be started simultaneously with antibiotics.
- Prebiotics. Such medicines contain a fibre that is not digested by the human body. They act as a nutrient substrate for beneficial bacteria. At the same time they actively begin to multiply.
- Synbiotics. This complex drugs that combine the properties of the first two groups. They not only bring in the intestine with beneficial bacteria, but also create favorable conditions for active reproduction.
In order to increase the effectiveness of these drugs, before their application is necessary to clean the intestines. For this you may use an enema, stick to a special diet or resort to the advice of traditional medicine.
The most effective probiotics
Probiotics effectively compete with dysbiosis. Often they are used for preventive purposes. After oral administration the medication that support the intestinal microflora with antibiotics allows to recover not more than 10% of the bacteria. Therefore, in case of serious form of the disease the experts recommend the introduction of probiotics directly to the intestines. But such therapy can be performed only under the supervision of a physician.
Among the most popular drugs in this group include:
- Linex. This tool helps to quickly restore the natural balance of microorganisms in the intestines. Included in it are the bacteria involved in the process of assimilation of potassium and vitamins. After a course of therapy with this drug can completely get rid of the problem, to restorea damaged immune system. Has an effect only on the lower intestine.
- Enteral. It is a means for the normalization of microflora today occupies a leading position in its field. It helps to restore stool after antibiotics, improving digestion and excrete toxins.
- Probifor. Besides that this tool will fill the intestine with beneficial micro-organisms, it effectively combats pathogenic bacteria. In some cases it can be an alternative to antibiotics. Thanks to the this drug fails to restore the flora, stop diarrhea, eliminate the symptoms of intoxication, stimulate digestion, strengthen the protective functions of the organism.
- Bifidumbacterin. Resistant to antibiotics, so it can be taken throughout the course of therapy. It is composed of bifidobacteria at high concentrations. This drug can be used for the treatment of dysbiosis in children. This is only possible if the baby is no intolerance to dairy products.
To select a specific drug is better together with your doctor. A specialist will be able to find the right dosage and the duration of such rehabilitative therapy.
Before you apply the medication carefully read the instructions. Method of many of the tools depends on eating.
Most often the main active substance becomes prebiotics lactulose. These drugs stimulate active proliferation of beneficial bacteria, restore normal digestion and promote regeneration of the mucosal surface of the intestine. In the list of the most popular includes the following medications:
- Duphalac. Is available in the syrup form. With his help restore intestinal flora after antibiotics is fast. It helps to cleanse the bowel and fill it with beneficial bacteria.
- Hilak Forte. Its constituent components help to normalize the acidity in the intestine. This creates favorable conditions for a full reproduction of beneficial microflora. This tool can be used and baby. The drug is not recommended for constipation, as it may cause exacerbation of problems.
- Normase. This tool is recommended to drink not only when dysbacteriosis, but also with constipation. It helps to recover the flora, but also enhances intestinal motility and improves digestion. It can be taken not only to adult but also to the child from an early age.
- Relax. In addition to lactulose, it is composed of lactose and galactose. Because of this the product not only normalizes the balance of bacteria in the intestines and improves peristalsis, hinders the absorption of toxic substances and lowers the pH of the colon. The tool is produced in liquid form, which allows active ingredients to achieve faster your goal.
Prebiotics are widely used not only to restore the flora after treatment with antibacterial drugs, but also to prevent recurrent goiter.
Represent a combination of drugs, which along with probiotics are prebiotics. Such medications allow you to quickly cope with the manifestations of severe dysbiosis. After use, the pathogenic microflora dies, the beneficial bacteria begin to actively proliferate, the digestive process is normalised, the body gets rid of accumulated toxins, which significantly improves the protective ability of the body.
Every year on the modern market there are new drugs in this group. In the list of most effective you can include the following:
- Maxilac. In the composition of this medium is nine valuable for human microorganisms and also oligofructose. It not only helps to recover after taking antibiotics, but also has a beneficial effect on the condition of the respiratory and immune systems of the body. The drug comes in capsules that are easy to take at any time.
- Laktiale. It contains seven kinds of beneficial microorganisms and fructooligosaccharides. A distinctive feature of this tool becomes the content of B. infantis – Bifidobacterium inherent microflora of children's intestines. The drug has a positive effect on the nervous and immune systems of the body. Available in powder form or capsules.
- Bitlis. In addition to bifidobacteria, the medicine composition includes lysozyme. This remedy effectively restores the flora, normalizes digestion, removes inflammatory processes. Available in the form of a solution and suppositories rectal and vaginal administration.
- Normospectrum. It is the integrated product that includes bifidobacteria, probiotics, lactobacilli, minerals. It allows to fully cope with the problem, get rid of digestive disorders.
Use of such drugs will allow to quickly restore the digestive tract after treatment with antibiotics. At their reception must be strictly observed attached to each packing instruction.
Microflora restoration proper nutrition
If you don't want to take pills, to restore your body after antibiotics can and by eating certain foods. It will have to completely revise your diet. Consider the following guidelines:src="/poisoning/images/622-6.jpg">
- The first step is to abandon harmful products. These include fried and fatty meals, fast food, convenience food, confectionery. Prohibited use of alcohol and soft drinks.
- Minimize need and use of cabbage, grapes, bread, meat products, mushrooms. It is not recommended to drink black tea, lemonade, and jellies.
- If dysbiosis is accompanied by constipation, try to enter in your menu more fresh juices, beets, prunes, oatmeal, bran.
- The diet must be present fruits and vegetables. Special preference for cauliflower and carrots, and baked apples.
- Good for the body will bring broth, cooked on the bone.
- Intestinal microflora will recover quickly if you eat dairy products. Good effect have acidophilus Bifidok and. Make sure to eat cheese, and yogurt, supplemented with cereals.
- Try to include in the menu of sour berries, such as cranberry or rose hips.
- When choosing a Breakfast cereal choose oatmeal, buckwheat and barley.
- During the day, try to drink more pure water. From drinks are allowed and green tea. It is desirable to add lemon balm, lemon, mint and honey. Have high effectiveness in the compote of raspberries and currants. They can drink two glasses a day. But the sugar in them is better not to add.
- As sweets can you eat dried fruit: prunes, apricots, raisins, dried bananas.
- Good effect on the intestinal microflora and wheat bread. But liking them is not worth it because of its high caloric content.
- Acceptable poultry and fish, steamed.
- Eat smaller portions at meals. So the recovery process will be gradual. The duration of such a diet at least a month.
People's methods of recovery of microflora
Often bowel antibiotics simple remedies, prepared on the basis of natural components. They will help establish digestion and intensify the process of reproduction of beneficial bacteria. Among the most effective recipes are:
- Mix 10 grams of pumpkin and sunflower seeds, add the same quantity of walnut kernels. Grind the mixture into powder. Pour half Cup of water. Leave for a couple of hours. Make cooked means necessary in the evening and the morning. Treatment by this method is not less than 10 days.
- Effective in dealing with dysbiosis Kombucha. It is necessary to insist not less than four days. This infusion drink the number of glasses before each meal. The status of microflora is improved after only a week.
- Grind a handful of dried apricots and prunes. Mix it with bee honey. This mixture eat a tablespoon every day.
- Chop with a knife head young garlic. Put it in a glass bowl. Pour 250 ml of oil sunflower. To insist such a composition is necessary during the day. Add this garlic oil to salads, porridge and other dishes. This remedy accelerates the reproduction of beneficial bacteria.
- Of garlic can be prepared and other means. For its preparation you need to chop 2 garlic cloves and add them in one glass of natural yogurt. This drink should drink a couple of hours before bedtime.
- In a teaspoon of honey enter a bit of propolis. The prepared composition is dissolved in a glass of warm water. Drink this remedy every day for six days. It will not only restore microflora, but also to strengthen the immune system.
- To deal effectively with the problem will help Braga. For its production need half liter water to dissolve the sugar and honey. Add 2 grams of yeast. All components mix well and leave for two days in the heat. To withstand the long part is not necessary, as it will form intoxicants. Divide the prepared amount into two times and drink throughout the day.
- An excellent tool for the normalization of microflora becomes pickled beets. Wash the vegetable in running water and clean it from the skin. Slice thin and place in a glass bowl. To prepare the marinade, in a gallon of water use two tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar, a teaspoon salt, half teaspoon sugar, 6 buds cloves, 10 peas of black pepper, two leaves of Laurel. Pour the prepared marinade beets, which previously should be boiled. Insist to cool the liquid. Eat this dish every day until the main meal.
The use of traditional methods to safely and effectively normalize the intestinal microflora. In some cases, such prescriptions can lead to manifestation of allergic reaction.
Microflora restoration herbs
Help solve the problem of decoctions and infusions of herbs. For these purposes, perfect peppermint, sweet flag, plantain, chamomile, fennel seeds and others. Among the most effective recipes are the following:
- To prepare a medicinal decoction separte tablespoon Potentilla Cup boiling water. The prepared mixture boil for 15 minutes. After that, the tool infuse for about 20 hours. Divide this quantity of the decoction in three parts and drink during the day.
- Recover quickly helps the infusion of fennel seeds. Enough to fill half of the glassof boiling water a teaspoon of seeds. Leave for a few hours, then filter. Take a teaspoon three times a day.
- Pour a glass of water, 200 grams of dried roots of Burnet. Boil for about 20 minutes. This decoction is taken five times a day in quantity of one spoon. The duration of therapy at least a month.
- Mix two tablespoons of chamomile, lemon balm and St. John's wort. Add the same amount of flax seed. Two tablespoons of the prepared composition steamed Cup of boiling water. An hour later the infusion is ready to use. Take half a Cup before meals.
- To restore the intestinal flora you can use funds from plantain and calamus root. Mix two tablespoons of herbs and pour a glass of boiling water. Leave for half an hour. Take 50 ml before meals.
- Mix a spoonful of dill seed, and five tablespoons of eucalyptus and three spoons of mint. Pour half a liter of boiling water. Infusion will be ready an hour later. Should take a glass before meal for one month.
- Mix one spoon of succession, plantain and three-coloured violet. Add chamomile, calendula and fruits zhostera ions. Pour half a liter of boiling water. An hour later, it will be possible to filter. Take 70 ml before meals.
These simple remedies will help to restore microflora and strengthen the immune system. But before applying you should consult with a specialist.
After receiving any antimicrobial drugs will require a recovery procedure of the microflora. For a quick workaround, you can resort to several methods simultaneously.