How to cleanse the bowel during pregnancy
Stagnation in the intestines in women during pregnancy is not uncommon. Slowing of metabolic processes in the body pressure on the intestines by the growing uterus, active the production of progesterone and decreased concentration of lactobacilli in the General weakening of the immune system – all this in varying degrees, affects the gastrointestinal tract. Is it possible to solve the problem of constipation at home? Consider the basic ways to clean the intestines during pregnancy.
Enema during pregnancy
Enema – old proven way to get rid of stagnated fecal material. The main advantage of this method is rapid emptying of the bowel immediately after the procedure. But is this method safe for pregnant women?
The main contraindications to the procedure:
- frequent loose stools – during the procedure, along with the water and stool from the intestines the useful microflora is washed away, the balance of which frequent disorders and already broken;
- miscarriage, miscarriages;
- the inflammation of hemorrhoids.
Regular use of enemas leads to impairment of intestinal peristalsis, whereby the body ceases to get rid of feces on their own.
During pregnancy, enema can not be used as a preventive measure against constipation. The decision on its appointment is accepted by the attending physician taking into account all available evidence. But even in this case, you must follow some rules to avoid unforeseen complications. Among them:
- Do not use the standard pear large volume – intestinal cleanse during pregnancy should be neat. Ideal – the volume of 200-500 ml.
- To perform the procedure is recommended in the morning upon waking when the body is maximally relaxed. The extra tone could harm the baby.
- The temperature of the water enema should be 32-330. The warmer the liquid will be absorbed through the intestinal wall, negating the whole effect of the procedure. Cold water will stimulate the contraction of the muscles of the pelvic organs, which can lead to increased uterine tone.
- To clean the bowel using enemas can be no more than twice a week.
It is forbidden to do an enema on a period of more than 36 weeks. The only exception is the prenatal preparation. Using a procedure it is possible to stimulate contractions and to clean the intestines from the stool, which can impede the passage of the baby through the birth canal.
Today, pharmaceutical companies offer wide range of products for cleaning the body, but not all of them are approved for use during pregnancy. Therefore before purchasing any of them you need to consult a doctor, not to be mistaken with a choice and do not hurt yourself and the baby.
To clean the bowel in pregnancy you can use these medicines:
- Mucofalk, and Fiberless. It is a laxative herbal medicinal products that increase stool bulk by absorbing moisture from the body. However, to achieve therapeutic effect it is necessary to increase the amount of fluid that can lead to the formation of edema. So during pregnancy you can only use them short courses of 1.5-3 weeks and only on prescription.
- Forlax and Transipeg. Drugs with an osmotic action on the basis of macrogol. Macrogol – linear polymer, binding water molecules and increase the concentration of fluid in the intestine. Both drugs act gently, is not absorbed through the intestinal wall and do not have a negative impact on other organs. Why not contraindicated during pregnancy and can be used for bowel cleansing.
- Duphalac. Pronone osmotic agent based on lactulose. In addition to the laxative effect, increases the growth of beneficial lactobacilli, which have a positive impact on the intestinal flora and prevents constipation in the future.
To clean the body during pregnancy is forbidden to use magnesium salts, precipitating the active contraction of the pelvic muscles. Also prohibited are drugs that cause chemical irritation of the intestinal mucosa, for example, Bisacodyl or Senadeksin. These drugs provoke the appearance of cramping pain in the abdomen, which can cause uncontrolled uterine contractions. In addition, their reception often ends with a liquid and frequent chair, which leads to dehydration and loss of essential micronutrients.
The most useful way of cleansing the body during pregnancy is proper nutrition. If you regularly eat dairy products, meat and grains, and synthetic vitamins instead of eating fruits and vegetables, the probability of occurrence of constipation during pregnancy is very low. If, nevertheless, decrease in level of physical activity and hormonal changes have an digestive issues, it makes sense to take a note of a couple of proven recipes.
- Oat "scrub". Pour 100 g of oat flakes Cup boiling water, cover and leave for 20-30 minutes. In the present cereal add honey and any nuts to taste (walnuts, cashews, almonds). This healthy recipe issuitable for pregnant Breakfast. Honey and nuts – a lot of vitamins necessary for normal growth and development of the baby in the womb. And undercooked flakes – a great "broom" for the intestines, which collects all by-products of the body and accumulated toxins. Just don't get sucked into the dish, though useful, but fairly high in calories.
- Linseed. These little seeds in their composition contain omega-3 fatty acids, essential for women during pregnancy. Their method allows to normalize the metabolism, reduces the likelihood of development of pathologies of the nervous system in a child and prevents miscarriage. But its main value is the ability to clean the body of toxins. It is recommended to take them before Breakfast and 1 teaspoon with water. The course is usually 3-4 weeks. More detailed information should consult the attending physician.
- Dried fruits. Dried fruit is another useful remedy for bowel cleansing. They have no moisture, but it retains all the nutrients. The main effect – improvement of intestinal motility without affecting the smooth musculature of other organs. You can eat them as compotes or sweet mixtures, for example, mixing raisins, prunes and dried apricots with honey.
- Yogurt. Bifidus bacteria contained in yogurt, are an important part of the intestinal microflora. This fermented drink is a natural and safe remedy for cleansing the colon. To prevent constipation is recommended to drink it daily. As cleaning tools are recommended to use yogurt with olive oil (20 ml per Cup of yogurt), drinking it before bed.
While every woman should understand that she is responsible not only for yourself but for the little life inside her. So you should not experiment with homemade cleansing without consulting a doctor. Especially when talking about medical effects.