Tablets causing vomiting: a list of emetic drugs
Vomiting is one of the few reflexes, verifiable person. However, sometimes involuntary, forceful expulsion of the stomach is to be invoked artificially, for example with food or alcohol poisoning. Some can help well-known folk method – "two fingers in his mouth," but if this method doesn't work, come to the aid of the pills, causing vomiting.
What are the tablets
Buy emetic drugs the pharmacy can be as free and prescription. Food poisoning retching occur almost immediately, however, if vomiting does not occur, the patient may feel unwell. In such cases, required the use of the tablets and body cleansing. For these purposes, produce special medicines that treat gastric content.
Most often people cause a gag reflex, using traditional methods, but such methods are not always, and can hurt in the wrong dosage. To trigger the need for reflex eruption of the stomach, should take special emetics.
Tablets are divided into two broad categories – Central and reflex effects:
- Medication of Central action can cause gastric emptyingby acting on the vomiting centres in the Central nervous system.
- Medications reflex effect when introduced into internal organs possess local irritant effect, causing a reflex in the vagus nerve of the gastrointestinal tract and the duodenum, stimulating content to come out.
Also apply the following drugs causing vomiting:
- chemotherapeutic medications;
- opioid analgesic drugs;
- of antineoplastic drugs;
- cardiac glycosides;
- drugs used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease: bromocriptine and lergotrile;
- agonists of receptors 5-NT.
These tablets are used for emergency purification:
- during intoxication stale food;
- in cases of poisoning by substances containing poison;
- with indigestion;
- to provoke disgust for amylostereum drinks.
To resort to to induce vomiting it is necessary in an emergency, when the cleansing of the stomach is essential.
Medicine Central impact
This group of drugs belongs apomorphine affecting brain centers by instituting a gag receptor. Often apomorphine is used for ethanol intoxication and in the treatment of alcohol addicted.
This medication has some limitations that you should see people using tablets in the fight against excess weight.
- some diseases of the psyche;
- old age;
- vascular disease;
- ulcerative lesions;
- heart disease;
- children's age;
Frequent side effect in case of overdose with apomorphine are hallucinations.
It should be noted that apomorphine may not work in the application of anesthesia, intense intoxication, sleeping pills, barbiturates, ethyl alcohol.
Medications reflex effects
To provoke vomiting the following drugs that affect the mucous membranes:
- Pectol and litorin – prescribed as expectorants, in overdose there reflex the eruption of the stomach.
- Emetine – part of the drugs on the basis of ipecac, used in the treatment of giardiasis. The need to vomit manifests itself as an unwanted effect.
- Copper sulfate and zinc sulfate produced in the form of a powder, which is diluted with water.
In addition, a similar effect have:
- l – DOPA is used in therapy of Parkinson's disease;
- ergot alkaloids;
- digoxin – cardiac glycoside drug structure;
- fluoxetine or paroxetine, antidepressant in some cases, can be used as medication that causes nausea.
Cause vomiting also:
- ammonia solution;
- the broth Baranets;
- powder of sulphate of copper.
In addition, allowed the use of another drug possessing sedative properties of morphine. This medicine has the purpose to inhibit pain centers and is used in psychalgia.
Morphine may decrease with frequent use.
- One of the effective medicines that trigger the emptying through the mouth, is vogelen, which is produced as tablets and for injection.
- Effective medication is osetron in the form of injections used in adults and children from 4 years.
- In the list of popular tools includes the hydrochloride likorina – drops, causing vomiting can increase the production of secretions bronchi, reducing muscle spasms, and in high doses leads to reflex emptying of the stomach.
The fight against dependency on alcohol is a long process, not always yielding the result. Apomorphine is used as subcutaneous injections. Before you start vomiting the patient is given a certain kind of alcohol. Thus, it appears aswhat reflex is opened after use of liquor.
Tablets produced in the form of gelatin capsules. Use the drug, gradually increasing the dose, until it needs to empty the stomach. The drug irritates the mucous surface of the mouth, so drink it before eating you should not.
This medicine contains morphine, so you can buy at the pharmacy emetic is possible only on prescription of a specialist.
Treatment of alcoholism with apomorphine is not less than 7 days, in some cases, the period may be extended before the appearance of intolerance to alcohol.
Gag reflex when drinking alcohol appear as a defensive reaction of the human body, which aims to eliminate toxic substances. The metabolites of ethanol in the liver lead to a General poisoning of the body. In these cases, prescribe medication to clear the stomach and prevent intoxication.
Of medicines can also be noted teturam and esperal that contain disulfiram prevents the breakdown of ethanol in the blood. As a result of nausea, dizziness, vomiting need.
In addition, emetic tablets can be used in conjunction with alcohol-containing beverages. In these cases, negative effects such as reflex eruption of stomach contents provoke the alcoholic is a strong aversion to ethanol, and often he stops drinking.
If poisoning no methods lead to the effect are using apomorphine. Most often, the agent is administered under the skin as solid dosage form the patient to swallow not.
To provoke involuntary, forceful expulsion when drug intoxication is very difficult: in some cases, the method of "two fingers in his mouth" may not help.
Among the drugs used in case of intoxication, it can be noted also litorin. Cause nausea will help the use of herbs thyme and marshmallow. All the pills and tinctures are used strictly on the annotations.
For weight loss
Often the method of artificial discharge through the mouth is used girls who want to lose weight. Timely and systematic elimination of food from the stomach will help to eliminate extra pounds. However, experts say this method is dangerous as it can cause problems in the digestive tract, mental disorders, and also leads to exhaustion.
Despite the fact that artificial reflex emptying is very harmful for health, it has found its application in many women.
One of the favorite methods is the use of ordinary salt water with a solution of potassium permanganate, and hydrogen peroxide.
Of the drugs used for the same purpose include:
- The copper sulfate.
- The sulphate of zinc.
These funds must be purchased with a prescription in order to avoid dangerous consequences.
What is dangerous emetic drugs
Pills to induce vomiting should always be used on prescription by the appointed scheme. Unsupervised use of medicines is threatened by the emergence of undesirable consequences, especially in the period of carrying a child and breastfeeding.
Using emetics as a way of getting rid of excess weight can significantly harm the body:
- to upset the normal process of digestion;
- to provoke frequent urination, lack of vitamins and as a result, vitamin deficiency;
- cause excessive loss of potassium, leading to hypokalemia;
- to break heart rate, cause muscle weakness;
- to upset the nervous system;
- to bring the body to exhaustion.
Short-term evacuation through the mouth do not bring significant harm to health, but prolonged gag reflex can seriously disrupt metabolism. Especially intensively these consequences impact on children, the elderly, and persons with weakened immune system. Therefore, induce vomiting only if absolutely necessary.