Activated carbon for purification of an organism: instruction manual
Activated carbon is the most popular and available drug from the group of sorbents. It is available in almost every home medicine Cabinet and used in the treatment of acute poisonings and intoxications. Despite the fact that the pharmacies in recent times, there are many modern enterosorbiruyuschee drugs, activated charcoal has not lost its popularity and continues to be the "leader" among the sorbents. This article provides instructions for use of activated charcoal for cleansing the body, especially of this drug to purge the stomach and intestines at home, and contraindications of this method of purification.
The description of the drug
Activated charcoal is a medicine that is able to neutralize dangerous toxins and chemicals trapped in the body by the oral route. In medicine it is most often used for the treatment of acute poisoning and intoxication States. This drug is able to bind, neutralize and remove from the intestine of harmful substances and toxins that enter the body through food or drinks.
Activated carbon is used both at the stage of provision of first-aid poisoned person, and during the subsequent treatment and recovery.
Separate use of activated charcoal without prior consultation with your doctor, is possible only in acute cases, at the stage of rendering the poisoned person first aid. Long-term use of this sorbent should be addressed with your doctor.
Activated charcoal is indicated for treatment of the following pathological conditions:
- Increased flatulence, intestinal colic, flatulence.
- Treatment of intoxication due to chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- The poisoning of food products, medicines, alcohol, heavy metal salts, alkaloids, a variety of chemicals.
- Preparing for the colonoscopy (to reduce flatulence).
- Acute allergic conditions (drug is particularly effective with oral ingestion of allergen in the body).
Activated charcoal is absolutely contraindicated in the following situations:
- Hypersensitivity and idiosyncrasy of the drug.
- Gastro-intestinal bleeding.
- Ulcers localized in the region of the stomach and duodenum.
- Atony, decreased tone of the intestine.
- Intestinal obstruction (complete or partial).
Cleansing the body
If you want to clean the body of toxins, you can use activated charcoal. This drug has virtually no side effects and well tolerated.
Remember that the purging of activated charcoal in the home should be carried out after consultation with your doctor, who will tell you how many days you can drink this drug, how to use it what can I eat during purification, how to calculate dosage of medications.
Why are clean activated charcoal? This drug helps to remove toxins and toxins that constantly accumulate in our body. Poor environment, radiation, poor food, rich in preservatives and carcinogens is detrimental to the health of each individual. Chemicals and toxins accumulate in the body, can cause the development of chronic and even cancer. People over the age of 30, doctors recommend to prevent and drink activated charcoal.
Cleansing the body with activated charcoal leads to the following positive reactions:
- Accelerating the metabolism. Man begins to lose excess weight.
- To reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- Normalize digestion.
- Reduce flatulence.
- The appearance of vitality, feeling of lightness in the body.
Sorbents cleanse not only the intestines, but also blood. Thus, there is a full body detox.
Cleansing the body with the use of sorbents is not possible to children and adolescents. These drugs reduce the absorption of the vitamins and nutrients necessary for growth, development and formation of the child.Cleaning is contraindicated in pregnant and lactating women.
The rule of the purification
How to take activated charcoal for cleansing the body? This question interests many people who have decided to seriously address their health. A detailed treatment plan paints doctor, after inspection and examination of the patient. A doctor determines the need for such a procedure and identify possible contraindications.
Cleansing the body activated carbon is carried out for 2-3 weeks. This procedure can be performed in the home or in nursing homes, clinics.
Remember that the purgation activated carbon can not last longer than 21 days. If you use this drug for a long period, can significantly harm the body. Beriberi, a syndrome of malabsorption, micronutrient deficiency – the possible consequences of uncontrolled and long-term use of sorbents.
If you decide to clean coal, refuse for a while fromof alcohol and cigarettes. These substances poison the body and lead to the accumulation in it of toxins, even heavy metal salts.
Below we have gathered main rules and tips on how to take carbon pills to cleanse the body:
- The drug is taken 2 times a day, morning and evening. It can be taken one hour before or after meals.
- The dosage of the coal is calculated individually. 10 kg weight is taken 1 tablet. For example, if you weigh 60 kg, you need to take 6 pills at a time. Is the number of used pills need to chew and drink plenty of simple and non-carbonated water.
- During the entire cleansing period, you should drink plenty of fluids. In the day you should drink 2-3 liters a canteen of water, preferably non-carbonated. The liquid will speed up the elimination of toxins from the intestines and improves metabolism.
- Stick to the diet and easy food. Vegetables, fruits, lean meats and dairy products will suit best. From fried, smoked, fatty and spicy should be abandoned. Also undesirable is starchy and sweet.
- Try to take the drug at the same time of day. So the body gets used to this rhythm, and the purification process will happen more effectively.
During the administration of activated charcoal for cleansing the body may develop constipation. In such case, you can take herbal laxatives or medication on the basis of lactulose (e.g., "Duphalac").
During the cleaning of the body using sorbents is not desirable to take other drugs, as coal will reduce their effect and efficiency. If you have to drink some medicine on a regular basis, consult your doctor. Perhaps this method of purification does not suit you.
What could be the negative effects of cleaning the body by using sorbents
Sorbents cannot selectively rid the body of harmful substances and leave useful and necessary. Cleaning with activated carbon lead to the loss of necessary intestinal bacteriainvolved in the digestion processes. This condition is called dysbiosis and is manifested by the following symptoms:
- decreased appetite;
- fullness of the stomach;
- pain in the abdomen.
Also under the influence of sorbents may develop vitamin deficiency – the condition of lack of vitamins. These substances under the influence of sorbents practically not absorbed at admission with food and excreted with the feces. When this condition develops low immunity, hair, nails deteriorate, worsening skin condition, slow down all metabolic processes in the body.
What to do after the cleanse
Using activated charcoal, you can not only clean the intestines and body of toxins, but also take plenty of vitamins, beneficial intestinal bacteria and trace elements.
In order to avoid goiter and beriberi, on completion of the cleaning of the body should:
- To eat a large amount of yoghurt and starter cultures. It is best to cook them yourself at home from natural milk. For fermenting you can use special dressings that are sold in pharmacies or stores.
- To take a multivitamin complexes. To select an appropriate drug is best to consult with your dietitian or physician.
- Try to stick to a healthy diet and do not eat fast food, fried and fatty.
Can I use other sorbents
We mentioned that in our time in the pharmacy presents a large selection of modern sorbents. They can also be used to remove toxins and cleanse the body. Dosing of each drug individually and is calculated by a doctor.
- white coal;
The possibility of using similar activated charcoal products for the elimination of toxins and purification of the body should be addressed with your doctor. Not all of these medicines can be taken for a long period of time.
Overdose activated charcoal
Not many people know about a possible overdose activated charcoal. Long-term use of this intoxicating drug is able to affect the body. The fact that it reduces intestinal motility and provokes chronic constipation, during which there is intoxication.
In chronic overdose with this drug, the patient may develop nausea with vomiting, weakness, abdominal pain, intestinal colic. If you have these symptoms you need to go to the doctor.
Acute overdose can develop if single to take a higher dose of the drug. It also may cause nausea and vomiting. Most often the drug is eliminated from the body through vomit.
If you or a child accidentally has taken a large amount of coal, drink several glasses of water and cause retching. This can be done in the national way: pressing the finger on the root of the tongue. This procedure of cleansing the digestive cavity it is advisable to repeat several timesin a row.
Cleansing the body using activated carbon is an effective and valid method by which you can get rid of toxins and dangerous substances accumulated in the body due to consumption of poor quality food and living in ecologically unfavorable conditions. Before you start to cleanse the body sorbents, it is necessary to consult a doctor who will help you to choose the optimal mode of drug intake and identify possible contraindications for this treatment. During the reception of coal need to drink plenty of fluids and to abandon heavy meals, alcohol and Smoking. At the conclusion of treatment it is advisable to drink vitamins and eat as much fermented natural products.