How to remove toxicity in a child at home
Everyone has experienced the unpleasant symptoms of intoxication: painful vomiting, diarrhea, and increased weakness. Someone treated independently, and someone needed urgent hospitalization. But if you notice signs of poisoning in young children cannot be delayed – medical intervention is required. Before the arrival of the ambulance can hold some therapeutic measures to intoxication the child did not turn into serious complications.
What is the danger of intoxication in a toddler
Intoxication is a failure of all systems of life, which occurs under the influence of pathogenic microorganisms. Most often, in the process of diagnosis, doctors detected in biological samples of the child such as pathogens:
- E. coli;
If the child has a lowered immunity, the cause of intoxication can be even the simplest mold spores. Harmful viruses and bacteria can cause poisoning in two ways:
- Exogenous way. The microorganisms penetrate inside the human body from the external environment together with food, medicines, poisonous plants. Even if the kid just shove it in your mouth rattle, which is a pathogenic bacterium that can occur in intoxication. Settling on the mucous membranes of the internal organs, the virus begins to actively proliferate and release in the gastrointestinal tract of toxic products of its metabolism.
- Endogenous way. Intoxication develops in the presence in the body of a child of the inflammatory process of various localization. It could be strep throat, sinusitis, tonsillitis, respiratory catarrh, a bronchitis. Signs of poisoning occur in diseases of the urinary tract, otitis media, conjunctivitis. Pathogenic microorganisms in the blood stream spread throughout the body, forming new foci of inflammation and causing unpleasant symptoms.
Sometimes symptoms are signs of a chronic hidden illness in the baby. For example, disorders of the endocrine glands in the blood accumulates a large amount of hormones. These biologically active substances can trigger intoxication. It is therefore important to examine a child with frequent symptoms of poisoning.
Once inside the body, pathogenic viruses destroy the beneficial microflora of the stomach and intestines in young children. Peacefully dormant harmful bacteria aktiviziruyutsya and begin to secrete toxins. Joint attack on the internal organs of its own microorganisms and outside may cause acute intoxication.
What types of intoxication are the kids
What is intoxication – in the opinion of many parents that diarrhea, vomiting and fever. It takes just a few pills a day strict diet to eliminate the negative symptoms. Such arguments are extremely misleading and dangerous. Doctors during the examination of sick children are diagnosed in late stages of poisoning:
- sharp. Unpleasant symptoms may appear immediately or a few hours after entering the child's body of toxins. As a rule, in this case intoxication cannot be confused with other diseases – all symptoms of poisoning occur immediately;
- chronic. Intoxication is often discovered accidentally, in the diagnosis of other diseases. The cause of the disease is completely untreated acute poisoning. The main part of pathogenic microorganisms have been destroyed by taking antibiotics or anti-inflammatory drugs. But some strains of the virus remained in the body of the child and continue to slowly poison it secreted toxins.
If a baby a few months ago was diagnosed with poisoning, but after treatment his behavior changed, you should consult a doctor. It is possible that in the gastrointestinal tract remained a colony of viruses or bacteria.
Especially dangerous chronic intoxication in very young childrenwho are not yet able to tell his parents about his poor state of health.
As harmful microbes enter the body of the child
The most common type of intoxication is food poisoning. Its causes there are many: incorrect storage of foodstuffs, the consumption of foods that are not subjected to heat treatment, poor hygiene. Sometimes the guilt of the parents in the appearance of dangerous symptoms no pathogens get inside the packages of food in the production or packaging enterprises. Intoxication develops:
- With antibiotic treatment and antimicrobial agents, which destroy the beneficial bacteria.
- If poisoning drugs.
- Getting inside the child body of poisonous plants.
- In case of poisoning by household chemicals: insecticides, fungicides, detergents and bleach, means for washing utensils and enameled surfaces.
- Hidden chronic diseases: diabetes, tuberculosis, cystitis, pyelonephritis.
Parents are often not able to determine what caused the poisoning in a small child. This may not be a fruit yogurt from the store and dangerous plant Hemlock, ripped off the baby for a walk. Thanfaster doctors will help, the more likely it is that intoxication does not cause serious complications.
Ingestion of the child's body acetone, acetic acid, ammonia, potent tranquilizers can be deadly. The victim must be immediately taken to nearest hospital to have my stomach pumped.
What symptoms are the baby during intoxication
Signs of toxicity in children occur more rapidly than in the adult. This is due to the structure of blood vessels and lung parenchyma that are not yet finalized. Therefore, poisons and toxins are spreading rapidly through the body, causing the strongest pain. What a child feels during the acute stage of poisoning:
- baby refuses to eat even favorite foods, he has nausea;
- the body tries to get rid of microorganisms with vomiting. The child has headache and increased sweating, pale skin;
- abdominal cramps are accompanied by sharp pains, which are not able to eliminate even the medications;
- the baby diarrhea. In case of poisoning by chemical substances in the stools appear blood clots;
- there is increased fatigue, child constantly sleepy;
- sometimes there is dizziness, loss of orientation in space;
- body temperature rises.
Vomiting and diarrhea are the most dangerous symptoms of intoxication. In young children is rapidly developing dehydration, mineral salts and microelements are excreted with feces and vomit. When failure to provide urgent medical care can develop acute renal failure.
If the child is poisoned with poisonous plants or toxic substances, then after a few minutes can cause loss of consciousness, convulsions of the upper and lower extremities, increased salivation with foam. In chronic stage, you experience the following symptoms of intoxication:
- Lethargy, fatigue, drowsiness
- Attention deficit disorder, memory impairment.
- Loss of appetite, weight loss.
- Pale skin, dry mucous membranes.
- Shortness of breath, feeling of lack of air.
- Irregular urination.
Often the appearance of these symptoms the parents are not associated with intoxication. They think that the baby got sick with a cold or just over-tired on the walk. If pathology is not treated, then there will be deterioration of health, will develop serious complications.
Treatment of intoxication in young children
Not only the appearance of convulsions and loss of consciousness serve as a signal for immediate hospitalization. Tiny children cannot explain what they have swallowed, and the development of symptoms is accelerated. While the parents await the arrival of the doctor:
- you should give a child clean water often and in small portions, literally a tea spoon.
- in no case do not give food, even if the kid complains of hunger.
- it is necessary to put the child and calm.
If the parents believe that the cause of poisoning steel is not corrosive acids, alkalis or household chemicals, remove toxicity in a child at home, causing vomiting. To drink a little warm water and induce vomiting. A child older than three years need to help by applying slight pressure on the tongue.
In cases of poisoning by acids, alkalis or vomiting not to cause. Reverse casting of toxins in the throat and the esophagus will lead to the development of edema of the mucous membranes and respiratory arrest. What you can do in this case:
- Intoxicated with alkalis, dilute 2 tablespoons of 3% vinegar in a glass of water, to give the baby one spoon every 10 minutes.
- In cases of poisoning by acids, 1 tablespoon of baking soda dissolved in a glass of water, give the child one teaspoon every 10 minutes.
If parents believe that intoxication caused the food to give the baby sorbents, which bind the toxins and the poison – activated charcoal, smectite enterosgel go. In case of strong diarrhea it is possible to give the child a solution of the drug with a high content of glucose and mineral salts (rehydron). The temperature rise above 39 °C requires the reception of fever-reducing medications (soluble tablets, syrups, suppositories).
If the doctor found no reason to hospitalize a young child, then the treatment will require only the intake of pharmacological agents (adsorbents). You will need one or two days to follow a diet: drink a decoction of rose hips and crackers of white bread.
If admission is conducted drug therapy and gastric lavage through a special probe.
Intoxication in young children always manifested a variety of symptoms and threatens severe complications. The sooner parents can take the child to hospital or call an ambulance, the less pathogenic viruses and bacteria penetrate into the body.