Nausea and vomiting in a child without fever and diarrhea
All parents carefully monitor the health of their kids and notice the slightest change. Any deviations in the child's condition cause panic and anxiety. Someone thus drawn immediately to the doctor, someone calls an ambulance, screaming to the operator that their child is dying, and some self-medicating. In this article we considered the reasons why you may receive vomiting in a child without fever what to do with the development of this symptom and in some cases should immediately seek medical help.
Causes of vomiting in children
Causes of vomiting in children no fever are varied. This symptom may refer not only to the intoxication of the disease, but also to be a sign of inflammatory or congenital pathological conditions.
Often vomiting and nausea are caused by eating poor-quality and expired food, which has already managed to produce dangerous toxins and bacteria. But in children the causes of these symptoms can be very diverse.
The appearance of vomiting in a child is an alarming signal for parents, indicating a need to show the baby the doctor.
Below are the main reasons that may develop vomiting without fever in children:
- Pyloroduodenal stenosis – congenital disorder in which there is narrowing of the passage between the stomach and duodenum. As a rule, the disease is diagnosed in newborns. First, the infant regurgitation after eating, and then, with the increase in single-serving, develops vomiting a fountain after a meal. In the vomit can be seen curdled milk. Infants with stenosis do not gain weight, lag behind in growth and development from their peers. Often up to 6 months, this pathology is diagnosed and eliminated.
- Primary lactose intolerance is manifested in children from birth. It is a pathological condition caused by congenital absence of enzymes needed to digest dairy products. The baby from birth, develops persistent vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence and bloating. Such children not gaining weight, suffering from exhaustion and dehydration. Only timely diagnosis and proper selection of mixtures for infant feeding can help the baby.
- Celiac disease – inability to digest gluten (a protein part of grains and wheat). The disease begins to manifest itself during insertion of complementary foods from cereals, bread, aged 7-11 months. Simple baby biscuits can cause diarrhoea with blood, vomiting, weakness, developmental delays. Celiac disease is one of the causes of dwarfism and autism. Treatment consists of a lifelong gluten-free diet.
- Food poisoning is characterized by the appearance of sudden and repeated vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea. The temperature in this state may increase or be in the normal range.
- Acute appendicitis may also occur without fever. Vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea – symptoms that can occur if this inflammatory process. This disease can develop at any age. Very rarely it appears in babies up to 2-3 years. In 3 years formed the intestinal and appendicular Appendix, lymphoid apparatus of bowel.
- Gastritis, gastroduodenitis – inflammation, embracing the mucous membrane of the stomach and duodenum. In children these inflammatory diseases can be triggered by Helicobacter pylori infection, prolonged intake of certain drugs or frequent errors in the diet. In the case of these diseases the child develops frequent vomiting, heartburn, bloating of the stomach. In the vomit may contain bile. Gastritis and gastroduodenitis most often develop in children 3-5 years. At this age parents begin to feed them as adults. The diet could disrupt fatty and smoked dishes, sodas, adversely affect health.
- Peptic ulcer disease. Over the last 8-10 years, the frequency of diagnosing ulcers in children has increased four times. This phenomenon doctors associated with the deterioration of environmental conditions and quality of products. Peptic ulcer disease develops uncontrollable vomiting after meals, stomach pain on an empty stomach, belching, weight loss, loss of appetite. This disease for a long time can occur without symptoms.
- Acetoneiso syndrome – a condition in which blood increased levels of ketone bodies. While a child is sick without fever and diarrhea, his breath smells like acetone. If this syndrome develops on the background of intoxication syndrome may be hyperthermia, and diarrhea.
- Pancreatitis – inflammation of the pancreas. In children can develop as a result of errors in the diet. This state is characterized by repeated vomiting. Can also occur bloating, flatulence. First vomit consist of food residues, then there vomiting of water, bile and gastric juice.
- Renal colic. Under this condition, the patient has severe pain in lower back, dry mouth. At the peak of the pain syndrome develops vomiting.
One-time vomiting in children of early age can occur at the peak of crying. During emotional stress, crying the child's body tenses, and he can 1-2 times to vomit.
What to do if the child vomits
src="/poisoning/images/782-1.jpg">As you know, vomiting without fever can occur for many reasons. What to do if you develop this symptom, what to give the baby to relieve this condition and how to treat the disease, triggering a gag attack? First and foremost you must understand that self-treatment at home can harm the baby and lead to the development of their complications and comorbidities.
If your child started to vomit, you have two options: to call an ambulance at the house or on your own to contact your pediatrician. But how to understand how best to proceed?
Remember that if you feel that the child's condition is deteriorating rapidly or you can't understand why he suddenly began to vomit, call the ambulance without hesitation.
Below, we have gathered for you the symptoms requiring an urgent ambulance:
- Constant and uncontrollable vomiting and/or diarrhea. Together with these processes there is an active loss of fluid and dehydrated. Kids are hard to tolerate such a condition, the younger the child is, the harder it is for the body to cope with the loss of water and electrolytes. For example, a year-old baby severe dehydration can occur in 2 emetic episodes.
- A strong smell of acetone breath toddler is a sign of high levels of ketone bodies in the blood. Some children have a tendency to acetonemic syndrome, and when errors in the diet, colds, is worsening.
- The dark color of vomit indicates the beginning of gastro-intestinal bleeding. This condition rarely develops in children. It can occur in babies suffering from peptic ulcer disease or chronic gastritis. Also bleeding can be caused by poisoning with acids, alkalis, chemicals. Kids, especially younger than three years of age, poorly understand the dangers of the world, chew on everything I see around.
- Signs of dehydration and intoxication: weakness, stiffness, pallor, anorexia (lack of appetite).
- The inability to drink water. If you can't unsolder the child because of the constantly recurring vomiting, you should call SMP team. Such patients require intravenous drip of fluids for rehydration.
- Severe abdominal pain, or aching pain in the right lower abdomen. These symptoms may be signs of acute surgical pathology such as appendicitis. In these conditions need immediate examination of the patient and doctor making decisions about the operation.
- Severe pain in lower back, dry mouth – symptoms of renal colic. This condition is eliminated by physicians.
What to do before the ambulance
Causes of vomiting without fever is very diverse. And first aid is also different. In some situations, the child should be actively drunk, give him a sorbent, and in certain cases it is forbidden to induce vomiting and to drink anything.
Below we have tried to describe the fundamentals of your actions in the first aid kid while waiting for the arrival of the brigade SMP:
- If you suspect food poisoning, give your child to drink sorbents. Their metering is always indicated on the packaging or in the instructions to the drug. For example, the dose of activated carbon is calculated by weight: for every 10 kg you need to drink 1 tablet of coal. After taking the sorbents slowly start to use the child simple or alkaline mineral water without gas. Should drink slowly, one SIP every 5-10 minutes.
- In cases of poisoning by chemicals, acids, alkalis, and also in case of signs of gastrointestinal bleeding or acute appendicitis, give the child anything to drink is prohibited. Any drugs may aggravate the condition or impede further treatment. When signs of internal bleeding need to put the child cold in the abdomen. It will lead to spasm of blood vessels and reduce blood loss.
- In the case of the odor of acetone breath toddler and development acetoneiso syndrome need to actively use child. It is best to drink alkaline mineral water, for example, "Borjomi", "Polyana Kvasova". It is very important that she was without gas. Drinking water should in small SIPS, little and often. Such a drinking regime will help to avoid repeated vomiting episodes.
- With the appearance of acute renal colic is to give the child to drink antispasmodic, for example, but-shpu. In the instruction read the rules dosing for children.
Remember that if you suspect acute appendicitis is strictly prohibited to drink painkillers to feed the babies or to give him a cleansing enema. You just need to wait for the ambulance. All treatment will be carried out in a hospital.
Examination and identification of causes of vomiting
Efficient treatment is possible only after establishing the causes of vomiting and other symptoms and assess the severity of the condition of the baby. After admission to the hospital the doctors begin to provide medical assistance in parallel start to conduct a detailed examination of the patient.
Methods of laboratory and instrumental examination of the patient:
- General complete blood count helps to identify a viral or bacterial infection, inflammation in the body, to assess the degree of dehydration and anemia.
- General analysisurine is conducted to evaluate the state of the kidneys. In some acute poisoning may suffer these bodies. Also vomiting can occur due to acute renal colic.
- Biochemical blood test for kidney, liver and pancreas markers, electrolytes and blood gas composition.
- Radiography of the abdomen is performed for suspected acute appendicitis.
- Bacteriological examination of vomit or feces – is shown at suspicion on an intestinal infection.
- Gastroscopy is indicated for suspected gastrointestinal bleeding, peptic ulcer disease. The patient is placed in the mouth gastroscope, through which the doctor evaluates the condition of the gastric mucosa. For internal bleeding, the doctor can immediately coagulate or kopirovat damaged vessel.
- Video capsule endoscopy is a gastroscopy for suspected gastritis or ulcers. This study is considered the most comfortable for the patient. It helps the doctor to examine the condition of the mucous membrane of the esophagus, stomach and duodenum. The patient ingests a capsule which has a camera and memory. The next day she comes out of the body together with feces, and then deciphered by the computer. This study has two drawbacks: high cost procedures and inability of examination of the patient in case of emergency.
- Ultrasound examination of the internal organs need for examination of the liver, gallbladder, pancreas, and kidneys.
- Analysis of blood or urine for ketone bodies – performed for suspected acetoneiso syndrome.
The treatment is prescribed by a doctor after diagnosis. It can be conservative or operative. In acute appendicitis, gastrointestinal bleeding, pyloroduodenal stenosis surgical intervention is necessary.
Conservative treatment usually consists of diet, rehydration with IVS and medication. In some cases, the child remains in the hospital. If his condition is stable, doctors can go home, having parents the components of treatment.
Remember that all recommendations for treatment the child should obey. Stop any medications only in the case of the patient of their allergies or adverse reactions. In this case, you need to immediately contact the doctor.
In the case of a lactase deficiency or celiac disease, and need lifelong adherence to a diet. At each termination, the patient's condition will deteriorate and worsen. Rules of diet in these diseases sign doctor. When celiac disease is forbidden to eat products containing gluten. In the case of lactase deficiency is necessary to refuse from dairy products.
Vomiting in a child, occurred on the background of normal body temperature, can be a symptom of a large number of diseases and pathological conditions. It also may occur in perfectly healthy children during crying. In acute disease, development of severe vomiting causes need the ambulance. Identifying the cause and examination of the baby held in the hospital. The treatment is prescribed by a doctor, and in some cases it can be conducted by parents themselves at home but under the supervision of a pediatrician. Remember that self-medicate you are putting the life of his child of danger.